Cox?

ProgRock

Also, it's time to think about getting rid of Borges. I've been saying this since last year, not just going crazy after a loss.

I think this is ridiculous. He's had two extremely good seasons and one bad one plus two games. For those paying attention, one of those really good years was with Brandon at QB and no Ronnie or Caddy.

He did have two great seasons when he was calling great plays. Our team reminds me of Bama when they had Mike Shula. We seem to be running the same plays over and over again. I know that Borges has it in him to develop a great game plan, but let's face it, he hasn't been all that spectacular. A great coordinator knows how to scheme well enough to hide the fact that we're inexperienced and/or lacking talent. I'm not saying to banish Borges from Auburn yet, but the fact remains: in 9 of our last 17 games, we've been held to less than 300 yards total offense.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to say "I told you so..." but I remember last year I had several posts deleted (and several threatening PMs sent) after I posted the obvious truth about Cox: the guy is not an SEC QB and never was. His play has been terrible.

by some of the smack you were laying down on the Rivals board over the past week regarding USF, one would believe otherwise.

What smack talk? I rarely ever post on the Rivals boards, the only post I remember making this past week was one against some Bammer troll. I never made any posts regarding USF or their team. If I wanted to gloat or what not I would have made this thread myself, the only reason I even commented was because apparently now enough people see the truth that I wont get castrated for saying that Cox isn't a very good QB, and never was.

Does anyone HONESTLY believe that KB could have done worse? We would have won if he had been in the game. Call me stupid, but we all know it is true. He would have given us options and made USF respect the air and ground.

1) If you don't know the offense, you can't execute. The only thing Burns could have done last night was hand the ball off and scramble around, while running an even more basic offense(does such a thing exist?!). I think they had our 3 running plays figured out, so narrowing those down to one and having about 2 passing plays wouldn't have been to our benefit. (so are you saying KB is mentally impaired?)

Am I the only one who knows that that is a BS excuse?! I know every play in our offense!! There aren't many anymore. It's just like the KI (and now MF) didn't start at running back because he didn't know the blocking scheme BS, but somehow picked it up after the first game!! I will repeat for clarity: KB knows PLENTY of plays to justify his playing in the games. We run basic plays and formations that any high school quarterback should know. Maybe Cox knows it slightly better on paper, but he cannot execute on gameday. It is funny how often our coaches let future NFL stars (KI, JC, etc) sit while letting mediocre players play because they "know the offense better". Reality is something else.

Am I the only one who knows that that is a BS excuse?! I know every play in our offense!! There aren't many anymore. It's just like the KI (and now MF) didn't start at running back because he didn't know the blocking scheme BS, but somehow picked it up after the first game!! I will repeat for clarity: KB knows PLENTY of plays to justify his playing in the games. We run basic plays and formations that any high school quarterback should know. Maybe Cox knows it slightly better on paper, but he cannot execute on gameday. It is funny how often our coaches let future NFL stars (KI, JC, etc) sit while letting mediocre players play because they "know the offense better". Reality is something else.

No, I wasn't saying Burns is impared. I was saying with an even smaller playbook, the D would learn our plays that much quicker and be all over them, and therefore his production wouldn't be good.

Have you ever heard of not throwing players in too early? It can hurt them, you know. Fannin had some touches in the game, but he was not the main rock toter of that game by any means. They're working him in. Now, I am in the school of thought that thinks Burns should get some snaps this year, but he definitely shouldn't be thrown in a pressure cooker for his first collegate snap.

You want to run a high school offense in college???

If you think coaches don't play the best person that they see fit, why is our D so dang young? Its not because older people graduated. Its because the young guys stepped up in practice and earned a spot on the field. Our 2nd and 3rd string D has plenty of older players in it. Using your perceived notion of the coaching staff, they'd all be starting right now.

No, I wasn't saying Burns is impared. I was saying with an even smaller playbook, the D would learn our plays that much quicker and be all over them, and therefore his production wouldn't be good.

Have you ever heard of not throwing players in too early? It can hurt them, you know. Fannin had some touches in the game, but he was not the main rock toter of that game by any means. They're working him in. Now, I am in the school of thought that thinks Burns should get some snaps this year, but he definitely shouldn't be thrown in a pressure cooker for his first collegate snap.

You want to run a high school offense in college???

If you think coaches don't play the best person that they see fit, why is our D so dang young? Its not because older people graduated. Its because the young guys stepped up in practice and earned a spot on the field. Our 2nd and 3rd string D has plenty of older players in it. Using your perceived notion of the coaching staff, they'd all be starting right now.

I wasn't specific enough. Our coaching staff plays favorites in the skill positions, i.e. runningback and quarter back mainly. Fannin was very impressive in the game and hopefully he plays a lot more. He made a couple freshman mistakes, but he IS a freshman so I can't knock him too much. KB wants on the field. It can't hurt to give the kid a chance. All that JC went through made him a stronger person and a first round pick. If I had the choice I would start Cox next week, but the leash would be short. KB would be told he is going to play a couple series no matter what.

Yes I want to run a "high school offense" because apparently that is all JC could run and it was the most exciting offense I have ever seen at Auburn. What I was saying is that the basic ideas and terminology is the same in all of football, formations, routes, blocking schemes. Any college QB could go in and play. Do you really believe that if KB had to go in that the coaches would say, "Well Kodi, I guess we can only run one play since our 'complicated' play book is too much for you?" He could use the same cheat sheet Cox uses and he would be just fine. Maybe he would get a route wrong once in the game. So what. He is a playmaker, lets let him show what he can do this year, not half way through the next.

Kodi is not the only quality backup that Auburn has. Caudle was also a prized recruit and he should have a decent understanding of the offense by now. All we get from Cox is excuses about being hurt, dizzy, etc. This crap Tubs is spewing about him not being scared is rediculous. Cox has not been good since the Georgia game last year and does not look like he is going to improve. People bring up Campbells imprvement, but remember Campbell began his senior season doing a great job. This is Brandon's sixth year. Give one of our prized quarterbacks a shot. What does not doing so say to possible recruits that wonder if they have a chance to come in and play early. Cox has done enough do lose the job, its time to give someone else a shot.

He's overthrowing a lot.He's underthrowing a lot.Man I'm sorry I'm just not that confident in him.I know a HEAP of people are call for his head and some think this may be extreme but when is too much too much?Just asking?

I am thankful HIS team mates have confidence in him. Thankfully, you are not one of them.

What if his team mates have lost confidence in him?It's not like they're gonna say it in an interview.They have to play hard reguardless.

I think that in situations like this, the blame always needs to go on the coach. If anyone said to me that Brandon Cox was not trying hard or didn't have guts, I'd spit in his eye, but as many on here have noted, he is just not getting it done. I'm not going to blame Brandon for this b/c I truly believe his is doing the best he can do. This isn't a player who is taking plays off or slacking, but we all see that he is just not a top-shelf SEC level talent, and Tubs is putting him in positions that he just doesn't seem to be able to handle.

Archived