Does Miles go to Michigan?

BamaGrad03

The same was said last year when we lost 4 first rounders to the NFL draft. (Russel, Landry, Bowe, and Davis.) In fact many on this board were saying LSU wouldn't have a good year due to all these losses. However, now since they are 8-1 and #2 in the nation we suddenly have the best talent in the country.

Yeah, losing 4 guys is the same as losing a MINIMUM of 12 starters.

I lost 15 guys in my NCAA dynasty and won the National Championship the following year. With a true freshman QB at the helm. BEAT THAT.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lost 15 guys in my NCAA dynasty and won the National Championship the following year. With a true freshman QB at the helm. BEAT THAT.

The recruiting engine must not hate your teams like it always did mine. :)

IF Michigan offers, I would think he would go. He is a Michigan Man and has just never been accepted at LSU. Maybe if he wins a MNC that would change.

As far as his coaching ability, I put him middle of the SEC pack. I think Spurrier is the best coach in the SEC. Maybe Meyer next, then Tub, Richt, and $aban grouped together. Then Miles and Fullmer.

Coach O is the worst in the SEC.

Rumor are circulating about Ed O being fired IF he doesn't win a game to end the year

I doubt those are true but they are around

Damn. I always liked Coach O. He always stuck around in the Bama games, but always laid down and died for Auburn.

*** I know, I know, BG. It was only 10-3 late in the fourth. And unless you spent the 30 bucks to watch our game, I don't believe you have any idea what that game was like.

And to save this from being a hijack:

I'd honestly like to see Les Miles go to Michigan just so that Ohio St and Jim Tressel can have a small taste of winning against the SEC.

*** I know, I know, BG. It was only 10-3 late in the fourth. And unless you spent the 30 bucks to watch our game, I don't believe you have any idea what that game was like.

I watched the game with some AU friends at On Tap 280.

The same was said last year when we lost 4 first rounders to the NFL draft. (Russel, Landry, Bowe, and Davis.) In fact many on this board were saying LSU wouldn't have a good year due to all these losses. However, now since they are 8-1 and #2 in the nation we suddenly have the best talent in the country.

Yeah, losing 4 guys is the same as losing a MINIMUM of 12 starters.

No but losing 8 starters in which 4 were first round draft picks and 1 was the # 1 pick overall may be close to the 12 starters we lose this year. Of course if you subscribe to the camp that thinks LSU's talent is vastly superior than FL, AU, and UGA then you might believe all 12 starters will go in the first round.

No but losing 8 starters in which 4 were first round draft picks and 1 was the # 1 pick overall may be close to the 12 starters we lose this year. Of course if you subscribe to the camp that thinks LSU's talent is vastly superior than FL, AU, and UGA then you might believe all 12 starters will go in the first round.

Les Miles doesn't have a QB like Matt Flynn to replace Matt Flynn. Perrilloux may not be there, he may be serving time by then.

You may not think it will hurt, but losing Glenn Dorsey will be a big deal. And your secondary already gives up way too many yards, losing Chevis Jackson isn't going to help.

With all these first rounders, why has LSU not won a NC yet?

If little nicky is such a great coach, why has he never had an undefeated season and why did he lose, at home, to UAB?

If little nicky is such a great coach, why has he never had an undefeated season and why did he lose, at home, to UAB?

Was this thread about Nick Saban? I swear you are like the yapping dog my neighbor has. He has no reason why he yaps, he just does it because he thinks that's what he's supposed to do. 1 track mind.

Les Miles doesn't have a QB like Matt Flynn to replace Matt Flynn. Perrilloux may not be there, he may be serving time by then.

You may not think it will hurt, but losing Glenn Dorsey will be a big deal. And your secondary already gives up way too many yards, losing Chevis Jackson isn't going to help.

If RP isn't in jail, I think he has a chance to be a pretty solid QB next year. I hate saying that too. But if Greene can win the SEC in his sophmore year, I think RP can too

The talent on LSU is very good but it isn't anything that AU, UF, UT, UA, or UGA don't have next year.

Because last year was an even year and the year before that was Katrina. Last year LSU had a brutal schedule with away games at AU, at FL, at TN and at Arkansas. If you think anyone with that type of schedule should win a national championship then you must not have respect for the SEC. For LSU even years mean a brutal schedule and odd years mean a much more favorable schedule. Saban won his 2003 national championship at LSU when all the most difficult games were at home.

If miles doesn't at least win the SEC championship this year then that would be a disappointment. I'm not saying miles is a top tier coach. At least not until he wins a championship but at 30-5 he's at least an above average coach. By the way the best record Saban had during an even year at LSU was 9-3. Since next year is an even year LSU will more than likely not be competing for a national championship since we play AU, FL, USC, and Ark all away.

Jarrett Lee is a freshman behind Ryan Perrilloux and was a 4 start recruit coming out of HS. We are ok at the QB position. Lee is a Flynn type QB.

Losing Glenn Dorsey will be big, but Al Woods, a 5* DT is waiting to replace him. After Dorsey was injured in the AU game, Al Woods filled in and AU actually had a tougher time moving the ball.

Also waiting in the secondary LSU has Jai Eugene, Chad Jones, Phelon Jones, and Chris Hawkins. LSU will be just fine.

You seem to forget LSU played 4 top ten teams on the road last year. Everyone predicted LSU lose two games and LSU wasn't even predicted to win the West, yet these same people who made these predictions are now blasting Miles for not winning it all?

I didn't make those predictions. I thought LSU not winning the SEC was a huge huge underachievement.

Because last year our talent was so much better than FL, AU, and UGA. :no:

How many times has an SEC team played 4 top ten SEC teams on the road and won the SEC? You are underestimating the SEC. Do you not agree that the SEC, year in and year out, is the strongest conference in the nation? FL, AU, and UGA are among the premier teams in the nation yet LSU's talent level is superior. I don't buy it. If LSU would have won the conference last year it would have been a monumental task. However, thanks for having such a high opinion of LSU's talent.

I didn't make those predictions. I thought LSU not winning the SEC was a huge huge underachievement.

How many times has an SEC team played 4 top ten SEC teams on the road and won the SEC? You are underestimating the SEC. Do you not agree that the SEC, year in and year out, is the strongest conference in the nation? FL, AU, and UGA are among the premier teams in the nation yet LSU's talent level is superior. I don't buy it. If LSU would have won the conference last year it would have been a monumental task. However, thanks for having such a high opinion of LSU's talent.

I'll say it. Yes, you had better talent, where it mattered, than FL, AU, and UGA.

You had a #1 pick QB. I'd say that's better than UGA starting a freshman. And Chris Leak wasn't nearly as good as Russell. You had the best WR corps in the nation. You had plenty of round one talent.

LSU should have won the SEC last year. And if you didn't consider not even winning the freaking WEST a dissapointment, then your standards are pretty low.

I'll say it. Yes, you had better talent, where it mattered, than FL, AU, and UGA.

You had a #1 pick QB. I'd say that's better than UGA starting a freshman. And Chris Leak wasn't nearly as good as Russell. You had the best WR corps in the nation. You had plenty of round one talent.

LSU should have won the SEC last year. And if you didn't consider not even winning the freaking WEST a dissapointment, then your standards are pretty low.

I felt we had a chance to win the West. However, recent history shows when we play AU at their place we normally lose. (LSU with Saban never won in Auburn with all the talented players he had) Our second loss was to the eventual national champs FL at their place. Those 2 losses put us one game behind Arkansas. If you look at those two losses then it's understandable how we lost 2 games even with 4 first round draft picks.

I'm talking about all these "experts" who said LSU had all the talent in the world, but due to a tough schedule, was not predicted to win the West. Yet now they're going back on their word and blasting Miles' abillity when he did just as expected.

I don't understand how going 2-2 against 4 top ten SEC teams on the road is a disappointment, regardless of talent level. The great Saban never beat a top ten team on the road while at LSU. Miles did it twice in one season - three overall.

I'm talking about all these "experts" who said LSU had all the talent in the world, but due to a tough schedule, was not predicted to win the West. Yet now they're going back on their word and blasting Miles' abillity when he did just as expected.

I don't understand how going 2-2 against 4 top ten SEC teams on the road is a disappointment, regardless of talent level. The great Saban never beat a top ten team on the road while at LSU. Miles did it twice in one season - three overall.

If Miles has any sense whatsoever (which he doesn't) he will leave LSU for Michigan. In fact, he better just take his stuff to the bowl game with him and leave from there.

He is a complete buffoon and the luckiest coach to ever live. He would be very wise to return home where expectations are at their lowest in decades, while his stock is at its highest. He could do no wrong there after the abysmal season they have had in 07, and things are not looking good for the future at LSU, where they are about to have a run of 3rd in the SEC West seasons.

Chim, quit talking sense, it just confuses some folks.

The great Saban never beat a top ten team on the road while at LSU

He only played one in his last 3 years.

No, in 2004, LSU played Auburn and Georgia on the road. Auburn won 10-9 and Georgia killed us 45-16, and that was with his own players. In Saban's 5 years, he has played 6 top ten teams on the road and went 0-6. In less then 3 seasons, Miles has played 5 top ten teams on the road and has compiled a 3-2 record.

Which is why I don't understand why you think it's such a huge disappointment that Miles went 2-2 against top ten teams on the road in 06, when the one, the only Saban couldn't get one win against a top ten team on the road.

Auburn wasn't ranked at the time. Do you want to count top 10 wins based on where they were ranked at the time? Or based on where they finished the season?

Because one of your two top 10 road wins last year came against then #8 UT. And UT didn't finish in the top 10.

Your other top 10 road win was against Arkansas. Who SHOULD have lost to Mike Shula last year.

The only other Top 10 road win Miles has is against Alabama in 05. And you guys had 10x the talent we had in 05. And you still had to win it in OT.

Auburn wasn't ranked at the time. Do you want to count top 10 wins based on where they were ranked at the time? Or based on where they finished the season?

Wow. A N Y T H I N G to find room for spin.

Because one of your two top 10 road wins last year came against then #8 UT. And UT didn't finish in the top 10.

I take umbrage to this statement. Just sayin...

Your other top 10 road win was against Arkansas. Who SHOULD have lost to Mike Shula last year.

Why, was this some arrangement you had made or something? Hmmm...they DIDN'T lose, so somehow this supports YOUR argument...classic spin tactic.

The only other Top 10 road win Miles has is against Alabama in 05. And you guys had 10x the talent we had in 05. And you still had to win it in OT.

More spin. Minimize a win, just to do it. We won, you didn't. Nothing more to it.

Tennessee was a top ten team when we played them.

You're kidding yourself if you say Arkansas did not improve over the course of last year. This was the same team that needed a missed FG to beat Vanderbilt. LSU played Arkansas when Arkansas was playing their best football. Remember Florida needed a fumbled punt to beat Arkansas in the SECCG.

Oh god, here we go. :no:

You guys were number 3 in the country and 7-0. All we heard from Bama fans is how much they were going to win by. And now you're acting like it was a horrible performance by LSU even though we won a game we weren't favored to win.

Archived