Does Miles go to Michigan?

BamaGrad03

I know he has the clause in his contract. But would he leave now? He's got a boat load of talent, and if he wins out will be playing for the national championship.

Why would he leave for Michigan?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would definitely be a heart over head move. The reason Michigan is specifically mentioned in Miles' contract is because they know he's a "Michigan man" and that's where his heart ultimately lies.

FWIW, I posted something earlier in the season in a similar thread based on something Tony Barnhart said in an interview on the radio on 790/The Zone in Atlanta. Even though he is a UGA guy, I like Barnhart. I personally think he's very good at what he does and doesn't generally let his bias affect his reporting. They were talking in the interview about Miles/Michigan and Barnhart said if Michigan offers you can count on Miles going. Obviously that's not written in stone, but I'd listen to Barnhart over any anonymous internet poster any day of the week. Again, anything can happen, but if it does, it should be interesting to see who ends up as the new head corndog.

I know he has the clause in his contract. But would he leave now? He's got a boat load of talent, and if he wins out will be playing for the national championship.

If your Michigan do you want him? I wouldn't.

Because he's one of the worst coaches in the country, but because LSU has a good talent base, he can parlay his good fortune into a fat ass contract at Michigan. And then when it implodes in three or five years, he'll leave with enough money to be set for three lifetimes.

You should worry about Saban. Leaving is what he does.

I think Carr gets a bad rap. He's done a lot for that program.

Did Les play for UM or something?

Yes. O-line I believe, lettered two years. Also coached there in two different stints for a total of about 10 years.

I say little nicky leaves uat before the hat leaves lsWHO.

Wow, if he does, then there's a curse on Michigan. One bonehead after another - you think Miles will be able to do at Michigan what he's done at LSU? I don't. Tressel is a very smart coach. Miles is a very dumb coach. However, it must be nice knowing that your talent level is good enough to win 9 games a year. The only real game is the Ohio St game.

Because he's one of the worst coaches in the country, but because LSU has a good talent base, he can parlay his good fortune into a fat ass contract at Michigan. And then when it implodes in three or five years, he'll leave with enough money to be set for three lifetimes.

I don't buy this argument. LSU has pretty much the same talent level as FL, AU and UGA. Take a look at every position. Do we have the best QB? No! Do we have the best running back? No! Do we have the best offensive line? No! Do we have the best DB's? No! Do we have the best defensive line? Arguable but AU would be a very close 2nd! Why do you choose to demean your own players by saying they are less talented than LSU players when they are not? A 30-5 record by one of the worst coaches in the country? I guess if we had the best coach in the country then we could beat NFL teams and if we had just an average coach we would go undefeated every year and win the national championship. Please be specific about which LSU athletes are vastly superior than your own teams athletes. I say vastly since it would take that to over come having the worst coach in the country.

If Carr leaves UM, Miles will be their next coach

I would say I am 75% sure of that....

Would you hire him if you were the UM AD? :no:

I don't buy this argument. LSU has pretty much the same talent level as FL, AU and UGA. Take a look at every position. Do we have the best QB? No! Do we have the best running back? No! Do we have the best offensive line? No! Do we have the best DB's? No! Do we have the best defensive line? Arguable but AU would be a very close 2nd! Why do you choose to demean your own players by saying they are less talented than LSU players when they are not? A 30-5 record by one of the worst coaches in the country? I guess if we had the best coach in the country then we could beat NFL teams and if we had just an average coach we would go undefeated every year and win the national championship. Please be specific about which LSU athletes are vastly superior than your own teams athletes. I say vastly since it would take that to over come having the worst coach in the country.

LSU's talent right now is far superior to Alabama's talent. But because of dumb dumb coaching, LSU and Alabama played an even game. LSU, because of its superior talent, is the team that should line up in the I and run the ball while mixing in the pass. But, LSU decides to run BYU's offense and throw in silly trick plays that are not needed to beat a team that you dominate talent wise. Teams with less talent run silly trick plays, look how Tuberville stopped running so many tricks once he brought in talent.

I hope Miles stays at LSU because he in the future he will lose more of these close games and then recruiting will fall off and LSU will drop to a regular 8-4 team under miles.

Michigan would be idiotic to want Miles.

LSU's talent right now is far superior to Alabama's talent. But because of dumb dumb coaching, LSU and Alabama played an even game. LSU, because of its superior talent, is the team that should line up in the I and run the ball while mixing in the pass. But, LSU decides to run BYU's offense and throw in silly trick plays that are not needed to beat a team that you dominate talent wise. Teams with less talent run silly trick plays, look how Tuberville stopped running so many tricks once he brought in talent.

I hope Miles stays at LSU because he in the future he will lose more of these close games and then recruiting will fall off and LSU will drop to a regular 8-4 team under miles.

You didn't address LSU's talent level compared to AU, FL and GA. I'm arguing that's it's pretty much on the same level. Again Miles is 30-5. LSU played it's worse game in 3 years against Bama. Every coach/team has bad games against inferior talent including AU/Tubbs including losses against Miss St and South FL this year and Arkansas last year. Are you basing your argument on his performance against Bama? Shouldn't you base it on his 30-5 slate at LSU? I'm not saying that Miles is as good a coach as Tubbs. He needs to win a championship before I'll consider that. However, to say he's the worse coach in the country(as someone else mentioned) with a 30-5 record is laughable. Tell me why you think LSU players are more talented than AU, FL, and GA players. If they are not don't you have to give some credit to Miles?

Just a personal opinion, but I would think if somehow LSU wins the MNC this year and Michigan loses to OSU, Miles will be the next coach at Michigan.

Carr has been on the hot seat for some time now, and Appy State made it a flaming seat.

Miles has nowhere to go at LSU but down if he does win it all this year.

You didn't address LSU's talent level compared to AU, FL and GA. I'm arguing that's it's pretty much on the same level. Again Miles is 30-5. LSU played it's worse game in 3 years against Bama. Every coach/team has bad games against inferior talent including AU/Tubbs including losses against Miss St and South FL this year and Arkansas last year. Are you basing your argument on his performance against Bama? Shouldn't you base it on his 30-5 slate at LSU? I'm not saying that Miles is as good a coach as Tubbs. He needs to win a championship before I'll consider that. However, to say he's the worse coach in the country(as someone else mentioned) with a 30-5 record is laughable. Tell me why you think LSU players are more talented than AU, FL, and GA players. If they are not don't you have to give some credit to Miles?

I think LSU's players this year are more talented than any other team's players in the country. They have great players at every position. I think they are better because to me they look better, that's why. LSU should have beaten everyone they played this year by at least 10 points, except for maybe Auburn. Give LSU a real SEC coach, and get them to quit running BYU's silly offense, and they probably would have.

Auburn's talent is as close to LSU's as I believe there is in the SEC. But, we do have missing components at some positions and a lot of inexperience. LSU, along with their talent, has experienced players.

We will see how good Les is next year after the following graduate this season:

Jacob Hester

Will Arnold

Keith Zinger

Glenn Dorsey

Chevis Jackson

Matt Flynn

Ali Highsmith

Early Doucet

Kirston Pittman

Jonathan Zenon

Craig Steltz

Carnell Stewart

Leaving Red Stick right now would be a stupid move and Miles has a thing for making stupid calls/moves.

Jacob Hester

Will Arnold

Keith Zinger

Glenn Dorsey

Chevis Jackson

Matt Flynn

Ali Highsmith

Early Doucet

Kirston Pittman

Jonathan Zenon

Craig Steltz

Carnell Stewart

I think this is why Miles wants to leave - but not exactly what you're thinking. I've never been one to say that Les Miles is only successful because of Saban's recruiting. You have to coach those recruits and Miles has had these guys since their redshirt or second year. Therefore, the only coach to credit for their collegiate success is Les Miles.

However, because so many of these guys are graduating, LSU will not be anywhere near as good as they are this year. Yeah they return some seriously talented players: Perriloux, Keiland Williams, Holliday, LaFell, Tyson Jackson, Charles Scott, Tolliver, etc. However, the experience drops off leaving them with at least 2-3 losses. And you know what everyone will say - "Saban's recruits are gone and Miles can't win without them." Even though I don't think that's true at all.

Jacob Hester

Will Arnold

Keith Zinger

Glenn Dorsey

Chevis Jackson

Matt Flynn

Ali Highsmith

Early Doucet

Kirston Pittman

Jonathan Zenon

Craig Steltz

Carnell Stewart

The same was said last year when we lost 4 first rounders to the NFL draft. (Russel, Landry, Bowe, and Davis.) In fact many on this board were saying LSU wouldn't have a good year due to all these losses. However, now since they are 8-1 and #2 in the nation we suddenly have the best talent in the country.

The same was said last year when we lost 4 first rounders to the NFL draft. (Russel, Landry, Bowe, and Davis.) In fact many on this board were saying LSU wouldn't have a good year due to all these losses. However, now since they are 8-1 and #2 in the nation we suddenly have the best talent in the country.

Yeah, losing 4 guys is the same as losing a MINIMUM of 12 starters.

If Carr leaves UM, Miles will be their next coach

I would say I am 75% sure of that....

Would you hire him if you were the UM AD? :no:

I don't know....he has not done badly at LSU at all

But, I mean...I still don't think he is a "great coach" yet and if UM wants him, they will need to pay him 3+ million

Is he really worth it? Maybe....

I mean, if not Miles...who? An unproven guy?

Archived