Does Miles go to Michigan?

BamaGrad03

Tennessee was a top ten team when we played them.

And Auburn wasn't when you played them in 04. So you can't count it against Saban. Which means, we are back to him having only played 1 Top 10 team on the road his last 3 years.

You can honk the top 10 road bobo all you want. But your 28-24 against an average UT team that ended the season with 4 losses (and not in the top 10), isn't any MORE impressive than Saban beating a #11 UGA team on the road.

LSU underacheived last year. Plain and simple. If you don't think they did, than you are kidding yourself.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, here we go. :no:

You guys were number 3 in the country and 7-0. All we heard from Bama fans is how much they were going to win by. And now you're acting like it was a horrible performance by LSU even though we won a game we weren't favored to win.

Well, they were BACK! SI said so!

:rolleyes::roflol:

And Auburn wasn't when you played them in 04. So you can't count it against Saban. Which means, we are back to him having only played 1 Top 10 team on the road his last 3 years.

Yeah, Auburn didn't prove to be anything good in 04. You're an F'n retard sometimes BG. Seriously.

Umm....Are you really going to argue that Auburn wasn't a top ten team in 04? And yes you can count it against Saban, he took Marcus Randall out after the first drive where he led LSU straight down the field for a TD.

It doesn't matter anyway, Saban still failed to beat a top ten team on the road at LSU. While Miles has done it three times already.

You can honk the top 10 road bobo all you want. But your 28-24 against an average UT team that ended the season with 4 losses (and not in the top 10), isn't any MORE impressive than Saban beating a #11 UGA team on the road.

LSU underacheived last year. Plain and simple. If you don't think they did, than you are kidding yourself.

Then I suppose going undefeated in the SEC and winning 4 games on the road against top ten caliber teams is a very easy task. Didn't realize the SEC was that weak. I know Bama has extremley unreasonable expectations, so this shouldn't surprise me.

Umm....Are you really going to argue that Auburn wasn't a top ten team in 04?

Umm...are you really going to argue that last year's UT team that lost 31-14 to Arkansas and beat Bama by 3 at home WAS a top 10 team?

You can't have it both ways dude.

Umm...are you really going to argue that last year's UT team that lost 31-14 to Arkansas and beat Bama by 3 at home WAS a top 10 team?

Yeah, do whatever you can to runaway from that dumbass statement you made about the 04' Auburn team.

You ARE getting dizzy in the head now.

Saban can fail to beat whoever LSU fans want....

It is very simple

Saban - 2 SEC Titles, 1 NC

Miles - 0 SEC Titles, 0 NC

It is pure comedy for me to hear any LSU fan put down Saban in any way, shape, or form considering how much they all worshipped him

Like Bear Bryant leaving for Auburn and having Bama fans talk about how Bear never did this or that :lol:

Tennessee was top ten when LSU played them. Meaning going into the game, UT was a top ten team.

I will say this. Ainge was injured during the LSU game and was out for the Arkansas game. His backup Crompton caught LSU offguard by running the ball to keep drives alive on 3rd and long.

Although I don't think Ainge would have made too much of a difference against Ark. Arkansas was hitting their stride by then.

It is very simple

It is pure comedy for me to hear any LSU fan put down Saban in any way, shape, or form considering how much they all worshipped him

Like Bear Bryant leaving for Auburn and having Bama fans talk about how Bear never did this or that :lol:

Have you even read this thread? I'm responding to the Bama fan who claims its disappointing that LSU didn't win it all last year even though LSU had a very tough schedule. He makes no sense.

I'm not putting down Saban. I'm jsut trying to get him to realize that winning 2 out of 4 games against top ten teams on the road is not disappointing.

Tennessee was top ten when LSU played them. Meaning going into the game, UT was a top ten team.

Auburn was not a top ten team when LSU played them. Meaning going into the game, AU was not a top ten team.

Why do you keep dodging this? I don't care where they were ranked when they played. It turned out that last year UT wasn't a top 10 caliber team. So are you puffing your chest over beating someone who was grossly overrated? BFD.

I'm responding to the Bama fan who claims its disappointing that LSU didn't win it all last year even though LSU had a very tough schedule. He makes no sense.

Last year, Arkansas had a SOS of 9. LSU had one of 12.

You think Arky had more talent than did LSU?

Auburn was not a top ten team when LSU played them. Meaning going into the game, AU was not a top ten team.

Why do you keep dodging this? I don't care where they were ranked when they played. It turned out that last year UT wasn't a top 10 caliber team. So are you puffing your chest over beating someone who was grossly overrated? BFD.

I'm responding to the Bama fan who claims its disappointing that LSU didn't win it all last year even though LSU had a very tough schedule. He makes no sense.

Last year, Arkansas had a SOS of 9. LSU had one of 12.

You think Arky had more talent than did LSU?

What does that have to do with anything? LSU BEAT ARKANSAS.

Not to mention, Arkansas played Florida, LSU, USC, and Auburn. So I can understand why their SOS was high.

I didn't make those predictions. I thought LSU not winning the SEC was a huge huge underachievement.

I'm talking about all these "experts" who said LSU had all the talent in the world, but due to a tough schedule, was not predicted to win the West. Yet now they're going back on their word and blasting Miles' abillity when he did just as expected.

I don't understand how going 2-2 against 4 top ten SEC teams on the road is a disappointment, regardless of talent level. The great Saban never beat a top ten team on the road while at LSU. Miles did it twice in one season - three overall.

If Miles has any sense whatsoever (which he doesn't) he will leave LSU for Michigan. In fact, he better just take his stuff to the bowl game with him and leave from there.

He is a complete buffoon and the luckiest coach to ever live. He would be very wise to return home where expectations are at their lowest in decades, while his stock is at its highest. He could do no wrong there after the abysmal season they have had in 07, and things are not looking good for the future at LSU, where they are about to have a run of 3rd in the SEC West seasons.

That "buffoon's" record against your coach is 2-1. How does that make you feel?

It is very simple

Have you even read this thread? I'm responding to the Bama fan who claims its disappointing that LSU didn't win it all last year even though LSU had a very tough schedule. He makes no sense.

I'm not putting down Saban. I'm jsut trying to get him to realize that winning 2 out of 4 games against top ten teams on the road is not disappointing.

My post wasn't meant just for you. It was meant for any LSU fan on here AND any LSU fan on the earth who has tried their best to put Saban down in the last few months.

You are an LSU fan. You know what an utter MESS LSU was when Saban came. How so MANY of Dinardo's recruits NEVER saw the field due to Dinardo never realizing who would/wouldn't qualify. LSU's weight rooms and facilities were PISS-POOR when Saban came.

Saban turned around LSU and made them a POWERHOUSE recruiting/facility/football wise.

It is very simple

My post wasn't meant just for you. It was meant for any LSU fan on here AND any LSU fan on the earth who has tried their best to put Saban down in the last few months.

You are an LSU fan. You know what an utter MESS LSU was when Saban came. How so MANY of Dinardo's recruits NEVER saw the field due to Dinardo never realizing who would/wouldn't qualify. LSU's weight rooms and facilities were PISS-POOR when Saban came.

Saban turned around LSU and made them a POWERHOUSE recruiting/facility/football wise.

I completely agree. Saban came in and completely turned around the LSU program at one of its lowest points. I still don't really understand all the hostility directed towards him from Tiger fans. I'd love to see one of the complainers turn down a 2 million dollar raise every year.

Back to the topic, I definitely think Miles is gone to Michigan IF the job is open. Not so sure if Carr's leaving after this season though. Personally, I think if they happen to beat Ohio State, Carr retires while he's on top, and LSU's looking for another coach next season. If they lose, I think he stays one more year. Just my 2 cents.

I have heard that Carr was 100% gone after the Oregon win over UM from a few friends of mine that live in the Michigan area (and work in the media as I worked at a radio station up there)

Now, they arent so sure but one of them swears that Carr is tired and will step down anyway.

I dunno

Archived