Censorship and the Bama Message Boards...

otterinbham

Okay. I was on the Alabama message board earlier. I went over there chiefly because I was fascinated with their "Blame Mike Shula" mentality.

So, on one thread, I succinctly told them that "it's pretty apparent that Saban just coached a terrible game against a terrible team." Pretty mild stuff, right? I didn't use expletives. I didn't call them the Mullet Nation. I simply spoke the truth about the fiasco in Tuscaloosa on Saturday.

My post was deleted.

However, several other posters had replied to my original post, basically agreeing with me. So I come back on the board, and simply state that their moderators must be serious Kool Ade drinkers if they can't even handle a straightforward critique of the coaching job on Saturday.

That post was deleted, too.

For some reason, we get lots of Alabama posters on this board. Except for the most egregious violators, their comments don't get deleted. Yet Alabama boards can't handle the slightest bit of dissent.

Can somebody explain why the Alabama boards have such hairtrigger moderators? Is it because they are so insecure?

Raise your hand if a posting of yours has been deleted on a Bama board. Let's find out what *ussies these guys really are.

Be a little objective.

Whenever a team loses a game that they were supposed to win, most of the fan base (including Mods/Admins of boards) get sensitive over comments about the team or loss.

When UGA lost to Vandy, every UGA board went on shutdown mode and suicide watch.

Considering Bama lost to....and I still can't believe this....to ULM....I can understand why they would be very, very sensitive

I've long said to the people here that think we overmoderate that they need to get out a little more. I mean, we're not "anything goes" by any stretch, but we're one of the least moderated boards of those that actually give a crap.

We were pretty sensitive after the S. Fla and MSU losses too, but we didn't delete rival comments on sight.

I aggree with what Titan says. I used to hang out on the al.com boards but good grief they deleted anything that was not glowing about Alabama. A lot of Auburn posters including myself registered complaints about how slanted the mods were and all of our profiles got erased.

I aggree with what Titan says. I used to hang out on the al.com boards but good grief they deleted anything that was not glowing about Alabama. A lot of Auburn posters including myself registered complaints about how slanted the mods were and all of our profiles got erased.

Kind of helps you understand how or why Neil McCreedy would be fired doesn't it? <_<

I was banned to read only tonight on the Scout Bama Board. I did not think my post was bad. Let me know what y'all think.

The topic was "Let's say something nice about Awbarn"

The last post said that they might as well be nice. They have to get their beef and milk somwhere.

Well, I chimed in that they get a lot of their aerospace engineers, textile engineers, nurses, veteranarians, poultry farmers, etc etc from Auburn as well.

That is all I said. They must be real touchy this weekend. :)

I was banned to read only tonight on the Scout Bama Board. I did not think my post was bad. Let me know what y'all think.

The topic was "Let's say something nice about Awbarn"

The last post said that they might as well be nice. They have to get their beef and milk somwhere.

Well, I chimed in that they get a lot of their aerospace engineers, textile engineers, nurses, veteranarians, poultry farmers, etc etc from Auburn as well.

That is all I said. They must be real touchy this weekend. :)

Dude, you were way out of line on that one. They were trying to be nice.

I went to their boards Sat evening and noticed the lack of controversy. I assumed that all negative comments were rapidly being deleted. It also explained why so many Bammers come to the Auburn boards.

I went to their boards Sat evening and noticed the lack of controversy. I assumed that all negative comments were rapidly being deleted. It also explained why so many Bammers come to the Auburn boards.

And they just might come over here and delete your post...They do not have any controversies in West Vance, and anyone suggesting that they do will be severely punished.

If you deviate from the prime directive and express anything but profound gratitude for The System that Lord Saban is putting into effect, then it's off to the re-education camps for you, reactionary swine.

Archived