Cecil Hurt

Raven_tiger

might ask all of the Bammmer beat writers......maybe Paul Gattis who voted the Okies (who got crushed by USC) over AU.....he's as bigger homer than Hurt$$$$$$......who knows who gets the Bromberg diamonds?

Lets see. Bama Boosters in financial bed with reporters covering Alabama. No surprise here folks. Move along.

Cecil was supposedly reprimanded by NYT-Tuscaloosa....

Yea, I bet he got a huge helping of reprimand dished out by the NYT-Tuscaloosa...something like this:

istockphoto_3612425_ice_cream_sundae.jpg

Hurt, who has covered Crimson Tide athletics since September of 1982, said the loan was for medical expenses he incurred in 2000 and totaled $4,000

Granted, we don't the entire story. Who knows why Cecil was strapped and couldn't scrounge up 4k?

BUT......

Obviously, Cecil has not read the Total Money Makeover and/or doesn't listen to Dave Ramsey's radio show.

If brother Hurt has to have a guy he only knows from phone conversations, co-sign on a 4k loan, what does that tell you about his compensation as the EDITOR of sports for the T-Town News?

All reporters are paid a pittance. It's really an unpleasant line of work. Long hours, endless deadlines, weekends and holidays, and editors standing over you with a bullwhip.

I started out my career at the Birmingham Post-Herald, took one look around me, and decided the newspaper biz just wasn't as glamorous as I originally thought. Half the reporters had a substance abuse problem, the other half had marital problems, and all of them were dispirited cynical people who really led sad lives. I did it two years, and got the hell out.

All reporters are paid a pittance. It's really an unpleasant line of work. Long hours, endless deadlines, weekends and holidays, and editors standing over you with a bullwhip.

I started out my career at the Birmingham Post-Herald, took one look around me, and decided the newspaper biz just wasn't as glamorous as I originally thought. Half the reporters had a substance abuse problem, the other half had marital problems, and all of them were dispirited cynical people who really led sad lives. I did it two years, and got the hell out.

that's what losing to Auburn 6 years in a row will do to the bammer media

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the "media blitz" by "bammers and ex bammers" to put UAT before the public lately? I.e. Ole Clean Gene doing commercials for Carl Cannon Chevy-Caddy in Jasper, a upcoming movie about Joe Namath, the movie "Junction Boys", 5 more books on the Bahr, Snake's radio show, Barker's Roll-chevy-roll" commercial in T town, and of course, Finescum's love affair with Saban. There are several more but I can't recall all of them right now. This is a deliberate attempt by UAT to be more visible to the public to help recruiting and reinforce the notion that the "Tide is back." I wish Auburn people would make a stronger push to be before the Alabama public in some way. What think ye?

Obviously, Cecil has not read the Total Money Makeover and/or doesn't listen to Dave Ramsey's radio show.

If brother Hurt has to have a guy he only knows from phone conversations, co-sign on a 4k loan, what does that tell you about his compensation as the EDITOR of sports for the T-Town News?

Hey dude....oooohhhhhhh!!!!!!

I was saving that for a page two smackdown on this very thread. B)

It's a good thing Cecil never stepped off the party line or he might have been fired like Neil McCreedy.

PS - Cecil has to pay Saban a cut as well.

Archived