E Davis has Decommitted from AU

warjacket

Per Philip Marshall/Huntsville Times blog, Davis is now considering UT, OM, and FSU. Davis does not seem to like the idea of the spread, but obviously has failed to realize that UT is moving that direction also.

Not a done deal, but looks like we might have lost a good one. . . . at least we have 3 solid RB's returning.

They need to show him Oregon Ducks game tapes for this past year. Jonathan Stewart is back in the mold of Enrique Davis. Look at the numbers he put up in the spread this year. 1700 RUSHING YARDS!

Maybe it has something to do with the spread, but I think there's something a little fishy about those schools. Notice any similarities between those 3 schools?

Maybe it has something to do with the spread, but I think there's something a little fishy about those schools. Notice any similarities between those 3 schools?

$$$$$?

He has also said that he hasn't ruled Auburn out and Tony Franklin and Eddie Gran are meeting with him in the next few days to show him how he'd be utilized.

Frankly, I would think a power back could do a lot in this offense. With defenses using a lot of nickel coverage and speed LBs to handle the quick WRs, a power back could really mow some people down running out of that.

I think he is going to stay, maybe he is just talking up some other colleges for some hype or attention from his peers at school.

He doesn't have to look farther than our bowl game. The Lester/Tate combo got a lot of touches and put up some good numbers.

He doesn't have to look farther than our bowl game. The Lester/Tate combo got a lot of touches and put up some good numbers.

My thoughts Exactly. If he still thinks that he couldn't flourish in AU's new system, after CEG and CTF talk to him.......We don't need him, because he might not be the Sharpest tool in the shed...if ya know what I mean.

My thoughts Exactly. If he still thinks that he couldn't flourish in AU's new system, after CEG and CTF talk to him.......We don't need him, because he might not be the Sharpest tool in the shed...if ya know what I mean.

I know whacha mean ... The lights are on but nobody's home.

you guys remember this thread the next time you accuse Bama fans of trashing a kid because he won't be going to Alabama.

No accusing the obvious. Bama and Auburn both have fans like this. You could add another 60+ fan bases to that as well.

I'm not trashing.....just stating the Obvious, If he thinks he won't be able to contribute in this style of offense.....No One is saying that just because he has actually Uncommitted and looking elsewhere or that he prefers a offense that runs the I formation 90% of the time, that he's stupid. We're saying that if he thinks he can't contribute in this offense after Coach Eddie Gran and Coach Tony Frankenstein talk to him, he's stupid. No bashing/trashing.

We've seen multiple times that he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. Franklin will talk to him, he'll realize that the spread will actually be good for his career, and he will be back.

You've been here since April, and this is the first thing you've seen fit to post?

We've seen multiple times that he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. Franklin will talk to him, he'll realize that the spread will actually be good for his career, and he will be back.

You've been here since April, and this is the first thing you've seen fit to post?

I was thinking the same thing...lol

This is one thing I'm afraid that we might have to get used to with this new offense. Even though RB's get lots of touches in the spread, it isn't an offense that FEATURES the running back. The offense isn't as reliant on running backs carrying the load. We may have a harder time with top RB prospcects going forward. Especially over the next year or two with Fannin and Tate being underclassmen.

I think the change in philosophy will be good for the overall program. I like the style and I think it will be effective. However, we aren't going to be an offense that feeds the rock to a guy 30 times a game anymore. Some guys think that they have to be in a system like that. I hope that Eddie and Paul can convince him that he can still get his touches even though he won't be the entire offense

This is one thing I'm afraid that we might have to get used to with this new offense. Even though RB's get lots of touches in the spread, it isn't an offense that FEATURES the running back. The offense isn't as reliant on running backs carrying the load. We may have a harder time with top RB prospcects going forward. Especially over the next year or two with Fannin and Tate being underclassmen.

I think the change in philosophy will be good for the overall program. I like the style and I think it will be effective. However, we aren't going to be an offense that feeds the rock to a guy 30 times a game anymore. Some guys think that they have to be in a system like that. I hope that Eddie and Paul can convince him that he can still get his touches even though he won't be the entire offense

if we run the ball more than we throw it how does it not feature the running back?

Hey give the guy some slack. He's still a kid! The AU coaches will do their best to set him straight.

Let's give the kid a break. This is one of the most important decisions that he will ever make and no doubt, the biggest he has had the opportunity to make in his short life. AU's change in OC has had all of us talking about what changes we may expect for next year. He should be even more interested in those changes than we are. Let him think for himself and quit with the "bashing" just because he may have some concerns and doubts. If after he talks with our coaches he still decides to go somewhere else, then good luck to him in his choice, except any direct effects on AU.

I don't post much but I came across an article on al.com saying that they ran that bread and butter inside zone play (I'm not sure what the running play is actually called) 26 times during the bowl game. I think it was Coach Hugh Nall who mentioned in the article, I know if I was good I would be able to provide you a link to that but I'm not that good so you are just going to have to take my word on it. Anyways it looks like the RB will get the ball quite a bit.

War Damn Eagle Everyone!

They need to show him Oregon Ducks game tapes for this past year. Jonathan Stewart is back in the mold of Enrique Davis. Look at the numbers he put up in the spread this year. 1700 RUSHING YARDS!

I guess maybe when I used the term "featured" back it was a bad choice of words. Johnathan Stewart is a perfect example of what I was getting at. I could definitely see Enrique coming in and being a back very similiar to him, but when you think of Oregon the first thing you think about is Dennis Dixon. In the spread, the QB is sort of the engine that makes the whole thing go. Everybody knows that Steve Slaton is a great back, but without Pat White WVU has a pretty average offense. Even though you may run more than you pass, it is a different style of running game than some people are used to. The spread doesn't line up man on man, power vs. power and blow you off the ball.

My point was that a back can come into this system and roll up tons of yardage, but it won't be in a system that allows him to line up behind a lead blocker and pound the line thirty times a game. Especially over the next couple of years, the touches will be spread pretty thin. The difference is that the touches he could get would be high quality opportunities against a spread out defense.

I really hope we are able to keep this kid. I think he will be the real deal. I think he will have to realize that he will be coming into a situation where he will be one of several stars on the team. If he can handle that, he could be great.

Archived