Replace coal & oil with alternatives

Strongly Favors

Repeal tax cuts on wealthy

Favors

Illegal immigrants earn citizenship

My take in red.

Opposes

Mandatory Three Strikes sentencing laws

Agree. The issue is far too complicated to make such blanket rules.

Strongly Opposes

Absolute right to gun ownership

Agree. Depends on how restrictive you wish to be. I think certain people should forfeit their right to own a gun (felons, the mentally ill, etc.) and I believe certain weapons shouldn't be in the hands of the general public (AK-47's, etc.).

Favors

More federal funding for health coverage

Disagree. I'd prefer removing restrictions that prevent competition and make it easier before going to some kind of government funded deal.

Strongly Opposes

Privatize Social Security

Disagree.

Opposes

Parents choose schools via vouchers

Disagree. I think the public school system and the teacher's unions need a serious kick in the pants that real competition via vouchers would provide.

Strongly Favors

Replace coal & oil with alternatives

Agree.

Strongly Favors

Repeal tax cuts on wealthy

Disagree. Find as many ways as possible to cut government spending first before repealing anyone's tax cuts. I wouldn't give the wealthy any more tax breaks though until we get spending under control and start seeing surpluses again.

Favors

Illegal immigrants earn citizenship

Agree. I don't think shipping everyone home is possible and would be economically catastrophic in some areas. But we need to know who is here for national security reasons. Come up with a path to get them out of the underground and on the way to legitimate full citizenship. Even require them to learn English and pay a fine.

I would add to TT's immigration comment.

I would say we should also be looking to:

1. streamline the visa process (it is very complicated)

2. make it easier for those here on temporary work visas (not just H2b) to be able to apply for a visa that would keep them here longer, provided that there is a job for them and they do not have a homeland security risk.

Additionally, I think the public perception of an immigrant has been narrowed to thinking only of immigrants from Mexico or other Latin American countries. Keep in mind that being very restrictive on immigration can have its adverse affects, and could actually keep people out who are contributing members of our local communities.

Please learn the law before making erroneous statements.

Felons are not allowed to own or possess a firearm. Mentally ill are not allowed to buy firearms. The "general" public CANNOT own a fully automatic weapon. Exceptions to the rule are citizens who apply for a special license. That license is expensive and the background check exhaustive. So leave the damn guns alone. The dims are the problem. They want to make EVERYONE a victim. That's the only way they can promise to save them.

Any immigrant found to be in these United States of America illegally should be subject to be sent back to where they came from. Parents of children born here can select one parent to stay. The other must return and enter legally. The remaining parent has 2 years to learn English and pass a citizenship test. After passing said test, a five year probation period will be implemented in which you must pay all back taxes. (determined at a lower rate than normal) During that time, if any felonies are committed by said person, deportation will immediately commence and all taxes paid forfeit.

The other parent can enter the country when their number is called. They then get the same deal as the parent that remained. If you have grown children here, such that you have been here illegally that long, they can sign responsibility papers claiming they are responsible for your back taxes. Then that person can get the same deal as the above.

Citizenship should not be easy. The folks who do the right thing and earn it the right way deserve our respect. Amnesty is not respect.

If you commit 3 felonies, why should you get consideration other than jail time. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. If you care about NOT going to jail, you will move to the dessert if you have to.

The rest are all librul initiatives. I'm against all of those except drilling and/or finding alternative fuels. Saying it is one thing. Doing it another.

Felons are not allowed to own or possess a firearm. Mentally ill are not allowed to buy firearms. The "general" public CANNOT own a fully automatic weapon. Exceptions to the rule are citizens who apply for a special license. That license is expensive and the background check exhaustive. So leave the damn guns alone. The dims are the problem. They want to make EVERYONE a victim. That's the only way they can promise to save them.

Lose the superior attitude. I wasn't saying that those things weren't in place. I was just reacting to the statement "Absolute right to gun ownership" and pointing out some obvious instances that one would support people not being allowed to own guns but would be rated as "opposes" under this definition. Seems to be a bad choice of words.

Lose the superior attitude. I wasn't saying that those things weren't in place. I was just reacting to the statement "Absolute right to gun ownership" and pointing out some obvious instances that one would support people not being allowed to own guns but would be rated as "opposes" under this definition. Seems to be a bad choice of words.

And if I don't lose the superior attitude? Puhlease.

You stated what every anti-gunner always states. But they, like you, forget that these things are already illegal. So the term absolute used here does not mean a free-for-all. It means that we absolutely have the right to bear arms. Sorry I pointed out your error, Your Majesty.

And if I don't lose the superior attitude? Puhlease.

You stated what every anti-gunner always states. But they, like you, forget that these things are already illegal. So the term absolute used here does not mean a free-for-all. It means that we absolutely have the right to bear arms. Sorry I pointed out your error, Your Majesty.

It wasn't my error. It was a poor choice of wording by the site in question. So that was all I was pointing out. Then you had to come in guns a blazin' because you thought there was some bastion of gun ignorance that desperately needed your insight.

Now, as far as what happens if you don't lose the attitude...originally nothing. It was just a smartass remark back at you for assuming something before engaging your brain. But if you'd like to push it, we can arrange something appropriate.

And for the record, I'm not an anti-gunner.

Archived