What bammers will think about thier recruiting class

Auburnfan92

If Alabama has the No. 1 recruiting class in the country Auburn fans will never here the end of it about how Bama is back and will when the national championship in 2 years and how they get anyone they want because they are the best school in the country and there is no one better. But, what they dont realize is that rankings do not matter when it comes to recruiting. If yall no Tuberville Auburn will take these 3 star players but when all is said and done he wins with his players and his players love him. But you got to keep in mind that now Bama has the best coach of all time and he will lead them to the promiseland.According to some Bammers Auburn is screwed and we will never win another iron bowl and they will wine more and more national championships and keep getting who they want. It takes a player coach relationship and team relationship to win games and all of yall all know how big of an A**hole Saban is iam not worried about Auburn and there recruitng class because i know Auburn will still win an be an elite program.

If Alabama has the No. 1 recruiting class in the country Auburn fans will never here the end of it about how Bama is back and will when the national championship in 2 years and how they get anyone they want because they are the best school in the country and there is no one better. But, what they dont realize is that rankings do not matter when it comes to recruiting. If yall no Tuberville Auburn will take these 3 star players but when all is said and done he wins with his players and his players love him. But you got to keep in mind that now Bama has the best coach of all time and he will lead them to the promiseland.According to some Bammers Auburn is screwed and we will never win another iron bowl and they will wine more and more national championships and keep getting who they want. It takes a player coach relationship and team relationship to win games and all of yall all know how big of an A**hole Saban is iam not worried about Auburn and there recruitng class because i know Auburn will still win an be an elite program.

Sorry, you're already late on this. Tuscaloosa just reported that Bama has won the 2008 College Football Championship. No games need to be played.

B)

I'll be glad if they get the #1 recruiting class. No more excuses.

are you kidding??bammers invented the excuse. Look for a fresh crop of new ones

coming this fall.

Thier???? :poke:

They're

They're

:poke:

THEIR recruiting class....

They're

:poke:

THEIR recruiting class....

WOW???? :roflol:

Although the winner of the recruiting rankings gets no trophy or anything of the kind, we all agree that recruiting is important. But knowledgeable fans also know that these rankings don't always translate to big success on the playing field. So let the bammers have their brief day in the sun. Bless'em it takes their miserable minds off the reality that they have lost six in a row to Auburn and have been a mediocre program for the most part since the early nineties. In a few days, reality will set in again for them (although they will never admit it) that it's only 10 months until seven in a row gets here. They forget that our barn is stocked with hosses ready to step in and keep our program going. We aren't dependent very much on anyone in this class. Next year we wil be able to offer a different picture to recruits and we will likely outrank them. But again that's not where the games are won and lost.

Just heard a bammar call in on JOX....."Today is one of the greatest days in the history of Alabama Football."

That my friend, is what they think!!!!

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I heard one call in and say "you see, that's what 4 million a year gets you". What a loser.

I think it's like the thrill of victory on draft day. These will be the guys that turn it around for the bammers, just like all of the other 6 previous recruiting days!

Heck, I admit, I do it every year on the NFL draft, seeings as how I'm a Saints fan.

That's why this really doesn't bother me very much (other than having to listen to a bunch of mouth off of bammers). You can call it whistling through the graveyard or whatever, but I don't see any reason to panic.

Saban has done exactly this at every job he's been to (except Miami where he was grossly in over his head). He comes in and stinks it up the first year because his talent is comparable to the other teams in the league. He has the luxury of going out and promising the world to recruits for a year or two. So far, he has been gone before he has to make good on any of his promises.

Bottom line is, he is a coach that CAN'T win without superior talent. I heard that the great "Bahr" could take his and beat yours, then turn around and take yours and beat his. Saban couldn't do that in a million years. Even with the top ranked classes he brought in everywhere he has been, he lost at least three games every year except one.

Between Saban's promises and the Red Elephant Club, this year could be expected. The only thing that happened today is that the stakes got A LOT higher for Saban. The rank and file were getting pretty testy over the way this season turned out but he had several convenient excuses. If next season isn't MUCH better (I'd say at least 9-3), their feelings of joy on this day will have long passed into history.

So, congrats on your class, Bama. I really mean it.

Although the winner of the recruiting rankings gets no trophy or anything of the kind, we all agree that recruiting is important. But knowledgeable fans also know that these rankings don't always translate to big success on the playing field. So let the bammers have their brief day in the sun. Bless'em it takes their miserable minds off the reality that they have lost six in a row to Auburn and have been a mediocre program for the most part since the early nineties. In a few days, reality will set in again for them (although they will never admit it) that it's only 10 months until seven in a row gets here. They forget that our barn is stocked with hosses ready to step in and keep our program going. We aren't dependent very much on anyone in this class. Next year we wil be able to offer a different picture to recruits and we will likely outrank them. But again that's not where the games are won and lost.

Seems to have translated pretty well over the last few years, except for Tennessee. :poke:

Rivals

--------

2002 1 Texas

2003 1 LSU

2004 1 Southern Cal

2005 1 Southern Cal

2006 1 Southern Cal

2007 1 Florida

Scout

--------

2002 1. Texas

2003 1. USC 2. LSU

2004 1. USC 2. LSU

2005 1. Tennessee

2006 1. USC 2. Florida

2007 1. Florida

Seems to have translated pretty well over the last few years, except for Tennessee. :poke:

Rivals

--------

2002 1 Texas

2003 1 LSU

2004 1 Southern Cal

2005 1 Southern Cal

2006 1 Southern Cal

2007 1 Florida

Scout

--------

2002 1. Texas

2003 1. USC 2. LSU

2004 1. USC 2. LSU

2005 1. Tennessee

2006 1. USC 2. Florida

2007 1. Florida

agreed..........

Just so you appreciate the magnitude of gloating the bammers are doing, this whole thread has been linked to RollTideBama.com. I guess that really demonstrates their desperation to have something to crow about.

I'm gonna enjoy the rest of Winter just thinking about six in a row with seven only 10 months away. :cheer:

The red pachyderms might want to take note of an interesting stat in todays Huntsville Times..... al.com:

This is the final 2007 AP Poll with the average scouts.com ranking of their recruiting classes from 2004-2006 (the years with the most impact on 2007 success:

1. LSU 9.3

2. Georgia 5.0

3. USC 2.6

4. Missouri 43.6

5. Ohio St. 10.3

6. WV 47.1

7. Kansas 53.3

8. Ok. 6.3

9. Va. Tech 25

10. B. C. 48

(tie) Texas 8.6

This shows pretty plainly that while recruiting is important, it does not guarantee success. Five of the teams in the final top 10 had very poor recruiting rankings the last three years and the NC LSU only averaged 9.3

I honestly think that Alabama's Coaches showed more skill and ability in the recruitment of players. Our final class is pretty Subpar for an established National Contender.

When it comes down to it, I would like to see better classes straight up. You can talk all the coach them up nonsense you want, but a #1 class is pretty important to a strong showing nationally and Bamma got its first step.

We sucked wind in comparison to a number of our counterparts in the SEC not just Bama. We need to see a stronger effort next year. This year seems disjointed and innefectual overall.

Tubs has had a lot of time to build a recruiting foundation and we lost a few serious recruits to other schools right at the end of the year. Davis, Harris, and we hardly dented the state recruiting environment.

Its time for Tubby and his staff to hit the ground running for 09. Saban is, Nutt is, Petrino is, Fulmer is, we need to get moving and make better movement. This last year had the best in state talent pool available and we didn't get much talent from it.

Im honestly dissapointed this year. In relation to many programs. Bama just shows what we could have had a hand in and we didn't take advantage of it. We lost to a harder working Coach with a less effective program.

I offer up a pass to the staff this year but if we are still sitting 5th in the SEC in recruitment next year we have a lot more than Alabama to worry about. LSU, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia beat us by a good 8 ranks or more. We play Bama, LSU, and Georgia every year and we can't lose the talent gap against all those schools.

Good luck coaching up all those quality kids Bama. Id rather be in your shoes on the recruiting front.

Rivals

--------

2002 1 Texas

2003 1 LSU

2004 1 Southern Cal

2005 1 Southern Cal

2006 1 Southern Cal

2007 1 Florida

Scout

--------

2002 1. Texas

2003 1. USC 2. LSU

2004 1. USC 2. LSU

2005 1. Tennessee

2006 1. USC 2. Florida

2007 1. Florida

Depends on how you look at. Take look at my post above on the final top ten for 2007 and their average recruiting rankings the last three years. Tells a whole different story.

I honestly think that Alabama's Coaches showed more skill and ability in the recruitment of players. Our final class is pretty Subpar for an established National Contender.

When it comes down to it, I would like to see better classes straight up. You can talk all the coach them up nonsense you want, but a #1 class is pretty important to a strong showing nationally and Bamma got its first step.

We sucked wind in comparison to a number of our counterparts in the SEC not just Bama. We need to see a stronger effort next year. This year seems disjointed and innefectual overall.

Tubs has had a lot of time to build a recruiting foundation and we lost a few serious recruits to other schools right at the end of the year. Davis, Harris, and we hardly dented the state recruiting environment.

Its time for Tubby and his staff to hit the ground running for 09. Saban is, Nutt is, Petrino is, Fulmer is, we need to get moving and make better movement. This last year had the best in state talent pool available and we didn't get much talent from it.

Im honestly dissapointed this year. In relation to many programs. Bama just shows what we could have had a hand in and we didn't take advantage of it. We lost to a harder working Coach with a less effective program.

I offer up a pass to the staff this year but if we are still sitting 5th in the SEC in recruitment next year we have a lot more than Alabama to worry about. LSU, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia beat us by a good 8 ranks or more. We play Bama, LSU, and Georgia every year and we can't lose the talent gap against all those schools.

Good luck coaching up all those quality kids Bama. Id rather be in your shoes on the recruiting front.

No, no, you said it wrong. As I have already been told today by a Bama fan, "Bama's back!" I had to work hard not to laugh, since it was my husband. To me, they won't be back until they can show major progress on the field - which I don't think will happen for a while. One good year of recruiting won't take care of that.

No, no, you said it wrong. As I have already been told today by a Bama fan, "Bama's back!" I had to work hard not to laugh, since it was my husband. To me, they won't be back until they can show major progress on the field - which I don't think will happen for a while. One good year of recruiting won't take care of that.

your husband... wow that is a major problem right there. Why didn't you laugh? You should have slapped him.

Rivals

--------

2002 1 Texas

2003 1 LSU

2004 1 Southern Cal

2005 1 Southern Cal

2006 1 Southern Cal

2007 1 Florida

Scout

--------

2002 1. Texas

2003 1. USC 2. LSU

2004 1. USC 2. LSU

2005 1. Tennessee

2006 1. USC 2. Florida

2007 1. Florida

Depends on how you look at. Take look at my post above on the final top ten for 2007 and their average recruiting rankings the last three years. Tells a whole different story.

Agree, does depend on how you look at it.

Majority of SEC fans consider Texas to be a overrated failure due to lack of production in the championship section. Majority of SEC fans also beleive that Southern California would not have the success that it has had over the past few years due to the league in which they play. Same for Texas, Texas would not have the success (even though its considered a lack of success) if they played in a league other than the Big 12.

Alabama had a great recruiting class. There is no other way to put it. But, their recruiting class does NOT promise them ANYTHING.

As UGA's 2004 class showed, things can go wrong quickly and for a good amount of players in any class even though a few out of it shine.

I look at Alabama's recruiting class success not so much as "putting them into the elite" but merely a sign that Alabama is ready to re-enter the LSU/Auburn world of possibly winning the West every year....not that they WILL win it every year but have a significant chance like LSU/AU every year....and Arkansas every 4-5 years.

I have looked over AU's class and don't see any reason for you all to get "down" since it is proven that Tubs takes classes and gets the most out of them AND I don't see any reason for Tubs to change his recruiting ways when a successful product is coming out of what he is doing

Alabama was going to head upwards under Saban. You all knew that. I think everyone deep down knew that at some point Bama would stop being a 5-6-7 win team and start competing at a higher level eventually.

Archived