Updates on these guys?

ValleyTiger

Anyone in the know have any info on a couple on non-qualifiers Auburn signed in 2007?

Freeman, Johnson, and Journet are likely to be 5-star players.

Brandon Earl OL

Nick Fairley OL

Eltoro Freeman LB

Carlton Johnson LB

Wilford Journet DE

Chris Zinn LB

Schools? Stats? Likely to return?

Yeah, I don't see him on Next Year's class or the year after that as being interested in Auburn....That sucks, because he was the guy that I wanted to see Really Bad.....mainly since this statement by his Allstar Coach, "Eltoro has one speed and that's Hit!" Man, I hope we land him this coming year or the next....By the way, where did he go? JUCO or Prep?

These guys are all likely in JUCO, if they are still interested in football. If they were in prep school they would have been in the news this month.

This says Fairley went to Copiah-Lincoln. I thought I caught that when searching earlier today, but I didnt see him on their roster

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

This link will answer most of your questions..

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?a...=31&t=43022..including why Fairley isnt on the Copiah roster.

Apparently the search feature is foreign to most of you.

All of those guys are in JUCO except for Zinn who was at Hargrave this year. Zinn was not re-offered (he was "sign" and placed as a favor to his HS coach). Nick Fairley redshirted at JUCO this year and he apparently tore it up in practice. He was one of the top athletes we signed last year easily, his athleticism for his size is ridiculous. He will be re-recruited and should project as a DE/DT if he makes it back. He is a stud. Brando Earl I dont expect to be back, his situation was similar to Zinn's. Both Johnson and Freeman had strong years in JUCO and it will be interesting to see what develops with them. Linebacker will be a big need in '09 (we'll take 3-4) but I'm not so sure we will be hard pressed to take two JUCO linebackers, especially when we are getting interest from some top HS recruits at the position. Haven't heard much about Journet.

All of those guys are in JUCO except for Zinn who was at Hargrave this year. Zinn was not re-offered (he was "sign" and placed as a favor to his HS coach). Nick Fairley redshirted at JUCO this year and he apparently tore it up in practice. He was one of the top athletes we signed last year easily, his athleticism for his size is ridiculous. He will be re-recruited and should project as a DE/DT if he makes it back. He is a stud. Brando Earl I dont expect to be back, his situation was similar to Zinn's. Both Johnson and Freeman had strong years in JUCO and it will be interesting to see what develops with them. Linebacker will be a big need in '09 (we'll take 3-4) but I'm not so sure we will be hard pressed to take two JUCO linebackers, especially when we are getting interest from some top HS recruits at the position. Haven't heard much about Journet.

I noticed that Johnson only played in 8 games. I wonder if he sat out bc of injury.

Archived