For Obama, charity really began in the U.S. Senate

Tigermike

What is your question?

Do I think any one who disagrees with Obama is close minded?

Answer: No

I believe your point earlier was that you never resort to low brow tactics such as name calling. You have called people on this board close minded for nothing other than not agreeing with you. Other than tracking every booger Obama picks, the other thing you do is deflect and skate whenever anyone contradicts you. I can promise you I'm not the only one fed up with it, and have received PM's and replies in other threads that can back me up on that. I shouldn't let you get under my skin, but you do. Maybe after the election, you'll have something else to talk about and change that opinion, but you'll probably just come on and post complaints about president McCain.

Now that was funny. If you want to play circle jerk with a bunch of guys who think, speak, and act the same as you, I'm sure there are boards out there that will accomodate.

The thing that gets me about the Obama bashers is that he is the opitime of the American dream

Does not come from a privleged background.

Grew up in a broken home.I'm assuming they didn't have a whole lot of money

Studies,works hard,gets Harvard degree,marries,has children,gets elected to Illinois state house,elected to the U.S. Senate.Nothing given to him but thru hard work,brains, and determination betters himself.

But all we can talk about is what his preacher said and wether or not hw gives enough to charity.

So first he makes too much money...then he went to too good of schools...then he sent his daughters to too many ballet and piano lessons....now he doesn't give enough money away.... :::sigh::: .... maybe you just don't like the guy?

Hey TigerMike, in the interest of open disclosure, how much money did you make last year? How much did you give to charity the last 5 years? Which charities did you give to? Waiting...

There's no end to being an apologist for Obama w/ you, is there ? If this were a Republican, any combo of these words would be showing up in your thread - greedy, self indulgant, mizerly, selfish, arrogant, filthy rich, stingy, etc....

But because it's Barack... we just don't like the guy. <_<

See that's where you are wrong. I don't play those types of games. This is the perfect example of the politics of the past....the politics of personal attacks and scoring cheap points.

Now I'll debate on the issues all day long...but if you are going ot accuse me of the petty politics that TM and others constantly swim in -- instead of making predictions I would say -- site examples of what I have said.

Thanks.

"McCain looks like a decrepid old fart that is no smarter than Bush" -----Calling McCain a decrepit old fart is a personal attack, is it not?

When you are stumbling around in the middle east...not even getting your facts right....toting around lieberman as a cruch...yes, you look like a decreped old fart. My words could have been softer but it was not a personal attack, it was a direct observation of a very relevant campaign issue (foreign policy). My comment stands.

But when you are spending days and weeks stumbling around defending a racist, anti American preacher who has been your spiritual advisor for twenty years...saying you intend to invade Afghanistan....providing earmarks for your wife's place of employment...when you are sending an aide to take notes at the Rezko trial...you (rr) call it the greatest gift to mankind. Oh yeah all those are also direct observations of a very relevant campaign issue (honesty and integrity) which millions around the country have observed and have concerns with. Despite your wanting the issues to just go away.

The thing that gets me about the Obama bashers is that he is the opitime of the American dream

Does not come from a privleged background.

Grew up in a broken home.I'm assuming they didn't have a whole lot of money

Studies,works hard,gets Harvard degree,marries,has children,gets elected to Illinois state house,elected to the U.S. Senate.Nothing given to him but thru hard work,brains, and determination betters himself.

But all we can talk about is what his preacher said and wether or not hw gives enough to charity.

What American dream? This guy was never part of the underprivileged black society he claimed to have been. He never even hung out with those guys. He is a poser with no real value. People who knew him growing up in HI refute many of his rememberings of those "tough" years. The only thing he was a victim of was a white mother with a penchant for foreign black men who chose them over her own son. This does not the American Dream make. He joins a radical black church in order to look more inner city black and then runs for president as a colorless candidate, until, of course, the Clintaxes point out he is black. This guy has accomplished nothing of substance. He is a rock star without a song playing some really great air guitar. American dream. PFFTT!

Archived