A.J. McCarron

kt7185

Supposedly he has already decided and will announce Saturday. I know there has been lots of talk about him being a bammer lock but his other finalists are Chokelahoma and Georgia. With Georgia's current QB and "QB of the future" already committed I can't see him going there. Does the Bama domination of the state start again with this one??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know and don't care. Caught a few minutes with pondscum today and he mentioned that AU's drafted players were from out of state while ua's non-drafted hopefuls were in-state players. I don't care if we get players from alaska as long as they play hard and produce.

Yeah I caught the same clip. It was really weird how they were talking about alabama not having anyone drafted. It actually seemed for a second like they were giving Auburn credit....until they said that it doesn't matter tomorrow. Man I hate that guy.

Finescum can ignore our players drafted all he wants and put any spin on it he wants but you can bet that the prospects know where their best chances of being drafted in the NFL are and it "ain't" Bammer. They can't offer immediate playing time this time around with their recruits this year so look for us (Auburn) to have a fine year recruting. If I were Tubs, I would emphasize both a quality education as well as good pro prospects to the recruits. (he probably does anyway) BTW, I think McCarron is Bammer bound and has been all along.

Oh yeah....The "Croyle Clone" is definitely bammer bound. I wonder if the media will make this prospect sound like "The Next All-American" when he chooses the Turds. $abban probably asked A.J. to commit now because Auburn is starting Dominate the recruiting battles. Also, I'll go ahead and tell everyone that the bammer media will say that he choose The Mighty Taghd over UGA (which already has a commitment from one of the Top QBs in the Country), Choklahoma, and Auburn (which hasn't been recruiting him since Coach Borges left).

We'll find out how good McCarron is this year now that he lost all those talented scholarship athletes. St. Paul's probably had more talent on their team at the skill positions than any other team in the state this past year. My concern is that McCarron is not athletic enough to play QB in the spread offense or maybe even the SEC for that matter. If McCarron played at a regular high school I doubt he would be getting all this attention, and this is coming from someone who went to St.Paul's. However, I was the same guy who thought Jamarcus Russel was way way overrated as well.

Prowler,

I wondered to myself if Satan did tell him to go ahead and pull the trigger to try and slow our "momentum". No way we would know it is actually the case but it seems possible. Hell they can have him but it sure would be funny to see him head out west.

Oh yeah....The "Croyle Clone" is definitely bammer bound. I wonder if the media will make this prospect sound like "The Next All-American" when he chooses the Turds. $abban probably asked A.J. to commit now because Auburn is starting Dominate the recruiting battles. Also, I'll go ahead and tell everyone that the bammer media will say that he choose The Mighty Taghd over UGA (which already has a commitment from one of the Top QBs in the Country), Choklahoma, and Auburn (which hasn't been recruiting him since Coach Borges left).

funny how i saw on some boards last year how AJ was almost the best thing since sliced bread. but now that AU "isn't recruiting him", he is horrible. even though AU has an offer to him....."well, we don't want him anyways". of course. 30 different Division-I schools offer somebody a free ride because they suck. makes perfect sense. :thumbsup:

because Auburn is starting Dominate the recruiting battles.

Please explain.

Well....as of right now Auburn has Three commitments that uat offered and uat has One commitment that Auburn offered, so we're Dominating the recruiting battle (3-1)...right now. It might change, might Not.

BG - Isn't Bama going to some what of a spread offense? If so, will he ever play at Bama?

BG - Isn't Bama going to some what of a spread offense? If so, will he ever play at Bama?

That's what I was wondering...

I used to go to St. Paul's a couple of years ago, and yea this kid is good. For a high-schooler. I don't think he is nearly athletic enough to play in the SEC week in and week out. Definitely bama bound though. They can have him.

More on him here: http://www.nbc15online.com/content/ajsblog/default.aspx

I watched the 5A championship game last year (I know only 1 game), and was anything but impressed with this guy. He's teammates (Hood and Barron) did a ton, but he didn't do much to help. Although Trotter had a some picks, he had a ton more pressure on him to do it all for his offense. Given that it was just one game, you could easily say Trotter wasn't impressive at all either, but I think if Trotter was playing with Hood and Barron they would've been tearing it up.

Since he is a "clone" of croyle, Can we assume he has perfected the "fetal position" in prep for playing behind a uat "o-line"?

I hope he picks Bama, he has a 5.1 time in the 40. Raven Gray runs a 4.55 in the 40. I'm bettin on Raven.

He did. There was never any suspense about this. There's no way the red elephant club and Ole Snake was going to let a good ole Foley boy go anywhere else. Get ready to tee it up Ravan!!!

FYI, UGA never offered him even though I believe Scout says we did

AJ said they did.

He said his finalists were Bama, Miami, OU, and UGA.

He did. There was never any suspense about this. There's no way the red elephant club and Ole Snake was going to let a good ole Foley boy go anywhere else. Get ready to tee it up Ravan!!!

AJ isn't from Foley, and does not attend Foley. btw, he said in his interview that AU was recruiting him hard. so maybe that can put a rest to the "well we stopped recruiting him" talk?

So you guys believe what this kid says but you don't believe Heavens when he said he had a firm offer from UA.

FYI, UGA never offered him even though I believe Scout says we did

AJ said they did.

He said his finalists were Bama, Miami, OU, and UGA.

He was pursued quite a bit by UGA but only 4 QB's were offered for next year's class and none of which were AJ

Someone on UGASports pointed out AJ's "Scholarship List" a few days ago so two different Rivals writers went back to the coaching staff and were told that AJ was never offered. Don't really see any reason for UGA staff to lie as they haven't in the past about who was offered (at least that I saw) and the 4 QB's offered have been quite public the last few months

Archived