A.J. McCarron

kt7185

2500 yards, 26 Touchdowns, 3 INTs

Your incoming QB had the same # of INTs in his last high school game than AJ had his entire Junior year.

Just something to think about.

I was at the game, were you? If you were, you'd be able to tell the talent surrounding AJ was a lot better than that of Briarwood.

I was at that game, and while I do agree that AJ had more talent around him, it wasn't that much of an upgrade. Briarwood had every chance to win that game.

Aside from that, the Briarwood QB had a TON of talent around him in the all-star game and still had the same problems.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your incoming QB had the same # of INTs in his last high school game than AJ had his entire Junior year.

I was at the game, were you? If you were, you'd be able to tell the talent surrounding AJ was a lot better than that of Briarwood.

I was at that game, and while I do agree that AJ had more talent around him, it wasn't that much of an upgrade. Briarwood had every chance to win that game.

Aside from that, the Briarwood QB had a TON of talent around him in the all-star game and still had the same problems.

Using the All Star game is just lame. How hard is it for a QB to learn a new offense and develop timing with recievers in a week of practice. The passing game is always at a huge disadvantage in those games when compared to running backs, olines and defenses, where you play more with instincts. Back to McCarron and Moss, I think they are different styles, but pretty much equal at this point. I think Moss experience in a spread offense will be beneficial to us and I think McCarron is a better fit in UAs offense (not to mention that you guys run the offense that he said he wanted to play in). I think Moss is a better athelete and McCarron is the better pocket passer right now. I know nothing about Moss' team so I can't compare supporting cast, but I know McCarron had some good talent. I am curious to see how he looks this year. Overall I think it is a wash. Do St. Pauls and Faith play this year? I would like to see McCarron and Cotton on the same field. I think Faith would be a huge underdog coming out of AISA(probably completely out-talented overall by St Pauls) so I would not expect Cotton to not look as good, but it would be cool to see them at the same time.

Using the All Star game is just lame. How hard is it for a QB to learn a new offense and develop timing with recievers in a week of practice. The passing game is always at a huge disadvantage in those games when compared to running backs, olines and defenses, where you play more with instincts. Back to McCarron and Moss, I think they are different styles, but pretty much equal at this point. I think Moss experience in a spread offense will be beneficial to us and I think McCarron is a better fit in UAs offense (not to mention that you guys run the offense that he said he wanted to play in). I think Moss is a better athelete and McCarron is the better pocket passer right now. I know nothing about Moss' team so I can't compare supporting cast, but I know McCarron had some good talent. I am curious to see how he looks this year. Overall I think it is a wash. Do St. Pauls and Faith play this year? I would like to see McCarron and Cotton on the same field. I think Faith would be a huge underdog coming out of AISA(probably completely out-talented overall by St Pauls) so I would not expect Cotton to not look as good, but it would be cool to see them at the same time.

Learning a new offense and developing timing routes weren't his problems in the All Star game. I agree that those things did factor into the equation, but I am talking more about the decision making. He made the same bad decisions in the All Star game that he made against St. Pauls. I don't care what kind of talent you are playing against, when you throw 2 passes into triple coverage more than likely you will get picked. Two of his ints in the 5A game were into triple coverage. The last int was into double coverage at the goal line, on a drive that could have tied the game.

I think some on here are putting a little too much stock into a few games, both good and bad plays

Playing at AU, UA, and UGA is all about adjustments. Especially at QB you need to be able to LEARN, Adjust, and Adapt

Many QB's from HS can't do that while the good ones can.....I think both guys we are talking about have talent and it shows but one or two games especially the All-Star games won't tell the tale of how they do in college

I personally am not too high on McCarron but that is just honestly because he lied about having an offer from UGA. Then again, I am sure UGA has some recruits/players who lied about offers from other schools so maybe I am just being a hypocrit

Archived