Rodney Scott

The Auburn scout board is reporting that Rodney Scott has committed to Auburn. I believe a guy who is one of his high school coaches in Florida also made a post on the Auburn Rivals board indicating that his committment to Auburn would become public today. Rivals list him as a 4 star recruit and one of the top 250 players in the country.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivals also broke the story today. He has committed to Auburn. Four star player and ranked 5th running back in the country.

Welcome Rodney and War Eagle!

who was complaining about our RB offers and interests? Hoopie what? I will say he is on the small side, 5-9 185, which probably means he's really 5-8. But he is FAST 4.4 40

;)

who was complaining about our RB offers and interests? Hoopie what? I will say he is on the small side, 5-9 185, which probably means he's really 5-8. But he is FAST 4.4 40

;)

Coming to theaters near you...Brad Lester...The Sequel

;)

He is kind of small, but his video still looks good. He also seems like a perfect fit for the spread offense.

So the RB trend continues. It is really awesome to get these top RBs every year it seems. War Eagle Rodney and looking forward to seeing you in the spread. Maybe another Mario Fannin type?

He is a top 150 player on ESPN and is very talented.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/05/auburn...nt_from_fl.html

Auburn gets commitment from Florida running back

Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News May 22, 2008 9:28 AM

For those of you hyped-up on stars, you'll be happy to hear that Auburn received a commitment from four-star running back and Florida 2A Player of the Year Rodney Scott of Dixie County High School in Cross City, Fla., on Thursday, according to Inside the Auburn Tigers and AuburnSports.com.

Scott rushed for 2,017 yards and 20 touchdowns on 250 carries last season. He also had 151 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 11 receptions.

The 5-foot-9, 190 pounder chose Auburn over Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and South Florida.

Running Back U continues to re-stock, spread or not! :cheer:

This kid looks promising - I like it.

Even though Rivals has him with a Gators jersey on... (I'm sure it's from some camp). Hope his commitment is solid

Kind of reminds me a little of William Andrews, not the fastest RB or the biggest, but elusive, tough to bring down, and makes good yardage after first contact. When he is playing behind an OL at Auburn who can actually create some holes, no telling what he could do. Looks like he can catch a pass too.

Ronnie Brown was a power back this guy is like that Holiday guy at LSU. Scott looks really good. Looks like the real deal.

This kid looks promising - I like it.

Even though Rivals has him with a Gators jersey on... (I'm sure it's from some camp). Hope his commitment is solid

This will make you feel better. from the Gainesville Sun

"Dixie County's Scott says he's Auburn bound

By Kevin Brockway

Sun sports writer

Published: Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 7:15 p.m.

Last Modified: Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 7:15 p.m.

Rodney Scott grew up a Gator football fan.

Scott may get his chance to play in the The Swamp, just not in the orange and blue uniform he originally envisioned. The Dixie County rising senior running back made on oral commitment Thursday to play football on scholarship at Auburn, realizing a dream to play in the Southeastern Conference.

"It was a hard decision," Scott said. "But after talking to my coaches and my mom and dad about it, I just felt like it was the right choice."

Scott (5-foot-9, 191 pounds) rushed for 2,017 yards and 20 touchdowns in is junior season at Dixie County. He's the fifth-ranked running back in the nation in the Class of 2009, according to Rivals.com.

"I don't take much stock in the national recruiting rankings but he's as good a running back as we've had here, and we've had some good ones," Dixie County coach Brent Wilkerson said.

Scott said he felt comfortable with the coaching staff and the players during a recent visit to the Auburn campus. Wilkerson said Scott received offers "from 10 or 11 different Division I programs."

"I think the small-town atmosphere also really appealed to him," Wilkerson said. "It's four-and-a-half hours away and he's playing in the SEC. Plus Auburn is a school that always gives its running backs quite a bit of work."

With a 4.4-second time in the 40-yard dash and a 300-pound max on the bench press, Scott has shown the combination of strength and speed needed to compete in the SEC.

"He's a lot more physical than you picture someone his size being and he's got enough speed to break it and go," Wilkerson said.

Scott said he'd like to bulk up to close to 200 pounds and intends to focus on his academics between now and his freshman year in college. Scott can change his mind before signing a letter of intent next February, but doesn't intend to.

"Auburn is where I want to be," Scott said."

Reply | Quote

For those of you hyped-up on stars, you'll be happy to hear that Auburn received a commitment from four-star running back and Florida 2A Player of the Year Rodney Scott of Dixie County High School in Cross City, Fla., on Thursday, according to Inside the Auburn Tigers and AuburnSports.com.

Scott rushed for 2,017 yards and 20 touchdowns on 250 carries last season. He also had 151 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 11 receptions.

The 5-foot-9, 190 pounder chose Auburn over Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and South Florida.

well, according to metafour its stupid to compare stats, and those stats do not matter if there are other talented guys on the team. but since its an AU commit i'm sure that logic does not apply; only to UA commits. :rolleyes:

seriously though, seems like a pretty good pickup for you guys.

well, according to metafour its stupid to compare stats, and those stats do not matter if there are other talented guys on the team. but since its an AU commit i'm sure that logic does not apply; only to UA commits. :rolleyes:

IIt is stupid to compare stats between two different players playing in different states against different competition and in different offenses. Are you seriously going to argue that McCarron didn't benefit from having two 4-5 star athletes playing receiver along with a D1 RB on the roster as well? Mossakowski doesn't have any other big offensive recruit on his team from what I've seen, whereas McCarron had 3 (who were all SRs and fully developed BTW). Yeah, for a QB that means absolutely nothing :rolleyes:...because god knows there are absolutely no cases of decent QBs looking good when paired with elite skill players (not that I'm trying to say that McCarron is only average, but you were the one that wanted to use stats in an argument comparing the two).

I dont even know why you posted this here. Why are you talking about comparing stats when no one has compared Scott's stats to anyone? For the record, Dixie County is a terrible team with no offensive line, their offense is basically Scott getting the ball and doing everything by himself, and he still managed a 4-5 game streak last year in which he ran for 250+ yards in every game.

IIt is stupid to compare stats between two different players playing in different states against different competition and in different offenses. Are you seriously going to argue that McCarron didn't benefit from having two 4-5 star athletes playing receiver along with a D1 RB on the roster as well? Mossakowski doesn't have any other big offensive recruit on his team from what I've seen, whereas McCarron had 3 (who were all SRs and fully developed BTW). Yeah, for a QB that means absolutely nothing :rolleyes:...because god knows there are absolutely no cases of decent QBs looking good when paired with elite skill players (not that I'm trying to say that McCarron is only average, but you were the one that wanted to use stats in an argument comparing the two).

I dont even know why you posted this here. Why are you talking about comparing stats when no one has compared Scott's stats to anyone? For the record, Dixie County is a terrible team with no offensive line, their offense is basically Scott getting the ball and doing everything by himself, and he still managed a 4-5 game streak last year in which he ran for 250+ yards in every game.

Oh snap!

What did the five fingers say to the face? B)

i have seen on other boards AU fans oozing over those stats, saying that with those types of numbers he is better than any RB out there.

i am going to call one big fat HUGE BS on the whole "no offensive line" argument. H U G E BS. 2,000+ yards with an 8.1 avg and 20 TDs and he has a horrible OL to work with? please. just in his first highlight video on Rivals i saw his OL open up holes a Mack truck could fit thru on at least 3 plays, then a few more in the second video. and those were just a few two minute long videos. btw, what has Dixie County's record been each year since 2005 (the first time in 7 years that they missed the playoffs)?

i have seen on other boards AU fans oozing over those stats, saying that with those types of numbers he is better than any RB out there.

:blink:

Where's the backpedalling emoticon when you need it?

:roflol:

and i see you completely avoided the second part of my post.

and i see you completely avoided the second part of my post.

:lol::lol::lol:

5'9'' 191lbs, runs the 40 in 4.4 and benches 300 max. Also rushed for 2,017 yards and 20 touchdowns on 250 carries, had 151 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 11 receptions. Not bad, not bad at all! B)

WDE!!!!

Archived