The yearly run on UGA players begins

AU_tiger_2000

Link

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia defensive end Jeremy Lomax has been arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and speeding.

A report at the Athens-Clarke County Jail showed Lomax was arrested at 12:42 a.m. Wednesday, posted a $3,000 bond and was released at 1:30 a.m.

University spokesman Claude Felton said Georgia coach Mark Richt is aware of the arrest.

The senior from Jonesboro started 12 games last year, recording 16 tackles and 4½ sacks.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

I hate to say it, Slink, but if history holds true I see a one game suspension for this guy.

I hate to say it, Slink, but if history holds true I see a one game suspension for this guy.

Agreed. It was unloaded and he was speeding. I just don't see it as that big of a deal.

One game and move on, imo

Agreed. It was unloaded and he was speeding. I just don't see it as that big of a deal.

if it was on his person or in immediate reach it won't matter if its unloaded.

if it was on his person or in immediate reach it won't matter if its unloaded.

I know that. I am just stating he wasn't riding around with a loaded weapon sitting on his lap ready to start shooting at people

He lives off-campus and apparently had a gun. He stupidly put it in his compartment and it somehow was within sight of the cop.

I dunno, I just don't see it as that big of a deal...big enough for a suspension longer than 1 game.

Really not that big a deal in my eyes either. It needs addressing but nothing drastic. Get his attention. If the guy hasn't been a problem in the past, it's stairs til' you puke and a game or two.

I agree! I dislike the Dawgs with a passion, but fair is fair.

Richt will take care of it with a new dance and a new color of jersey ;) (JK)

It is hard to dispute that CMR/UGA has one of the best programs around. I was shocked when the

UGA fans got disgruntled last year. The only complaint I have about him is that he has some of the Bobby Bowden "trust them like adults and they will act like adults" mentality. This trusting attitude coupled with a significant thug factor left by Jim Donnan has caused inordinate embarrassment for UGA. CMR has s-l-o-w-l-y got this under control as he reduced the # of brats and got others to change their ways.

Archived