Destin Hood drafted in MLB

who? never heard of him.. so, we would care, why?

He is one of those 4 star recrutes that will never see a bama uniform.

He will NOT give up 1/2 a mil to go to bama...or any other school for that matter.

Late second round should get him a $750k signing bonus plus a 4 year college scholly if he never makes the bigs. He would be nuts to pass that up. He could always return in 3-5 years and play football on scholly and pocket the pro scholly money.

It would be interesting to see an update before the season starts on the 2008 recruiting rankings. I doubt bama would still be #1, and there would go another MNC.

Man that sucks losing a solid recruit like that. But good luck to him. I am pretty sure he did say he was gone if he got picked high enough. What about Melvin Ray ? He was being looked at as well. Any info on that?

Being drafted that high is truly a great accomplishment. Good luck in the bigs, it's probably the hardest sport to breakthrough.

He will NOT give up 1/2 a mil to go to bama...or any other school for that matter.

he would be NUTS to pass up the opportunity MLB is giving him. good luck to him and hope everything works out for him.

oh yeah, i forgot....you guys NEVER discuss Alabama on this forum. silly me. :rolleyes:

We slip up every now and then. I viewed this more as being interested in an athlete's decision rather than an AU-UAT thing.

UGA has also possibly lost a signee. Xavier Avery was the 50th pick by the Balt Orioles. Not sure what he's going to do, but talk is he would leave if drafted in 1st or 2nd rounds. Rivals had him as a 4* ath and ran a 4.4, which translates into a 6.2 60 for those interested.

1/2M...wouldn't that be a paycut? B)

Seriously though, it sounds like the guy has some big time baseball skills, so I wish for him to have a long MLB career.

Being drafted that high is truly a great accomplishment. Good luck in the bigs, it's probably the hardest sport to breakthrough.

Wallace.......yes it is. On average 2 of the over 1500 kids drafted will permanently make the bigs. I would still take the bonus out of HS if I were in the top 3 rounds. You get a 4 year scholly if you don't make it to the bigs and you show up at school much wiser, affluent and focused than the 18 year olds.

oh yeah, i forgot....you guys NEVER discuss Alabama on this forum. silly me. :rolleyes:

I honestly have never heard of him, so it was a reasonable question to ask.

Then you don't follow recruiting.

You say that like we have had a ton of non-quals etc...ala AU last year.

As far as I know, we've got most everyone in for summer I. Melvin Ray will probably not qualify, Hood is going MLB (like everyone already knew), and Brandon Lewis is going to prep school.

Julio and BJ are already on campus for 7 on 7.

As far as I know, we've got most everyone in for summer I. Melvin Ray will probably not qualify, Hood is going MLB (like everyone already knew), and Brandon Lewis is going to prep school.

Thanks for the update on all things Bama. I can enjoy the rest of my weekend now.

No Captain Wadded Panties, Ravad said it like,

"This is one of the heralded 4 star recruits, you know...one of those that gave UAT the recruiting national championship.

He will not see a Turd Uni because he is going pro in baseball. SO, It's possible that the recruiting class may not be the greatest thing since houndstooth baseball caps."

Glad I could clarify. Continue on...

No Captain Wadded Panties, Ravad said it like,

"This is one of the heralded 4 star recruits, you know...one of those that gave UAT the recruiting national championship.

He will not see a Turd Uni because he is going pro in baseball. SO, It's possible that the recruiting class may not be the greatest thing since houndstooth baseball caps."

Glad I could clarify. Continue on...

You didn't really clarify. And considering the fact that yours are some of the few responses on this board that normally have thought behind them...I was honestly expecting more ;)

Is that 7 bama players playing tag against 7 cops on The Strip?

Whewww, I can sleep well tonight. Thanks for the update.

Just an update he is going to go the MLB route.

uhhhh.....yeah, we know. hence the title of the thread. i think you are thinking of Melvin Ray's announcement today that he will also take the MLB route. smart decision for both of these guys. hope everything works out well!

Uhhh yeah. My bad for saying he and not Ray.

I was replying to my earlier question "What about Melvin Ray ? He was being looked at as well. Any info on that?" to which there was no reply.

I promise I can read.

Uhhh yeah. My bad for saying he and not Ray.

I was replying to my earlier question "What about Melvin Ray ? He was being looked at as well. Any info on that?" to which there was no reply.

I promise I can read.

Well don't feel bad, Ray just signed with the Dodgers. He just really loved him some baseball I guess. His father said that he will still send his info to Bama. That way, if he decided to stop after a few years, we still have his high school info.

Archived