Obama takes top prize.,,,,

Tigermike

Obama takes top prize.,,,,in the clash of the narcissists,

Behold, the newest, self-absorbed, ludicrously lofty Obama-phernalia available at his website.

DVD0015-2.jpg

http://store.barackobama.com/product_p/dvd0015.htm

That's right, it appears to be a faux-leather-bound collector's edition DVD of the "More Perfect Union" speech. A piece of oratory ripe for canonization at the age of just three months. A piece of oratory so sage in its insight, so true in its observations, so riveting in its delivery, that the orator himself admitted it was all bunk just one month after its delivery, and yet still believes that you should own a copy of this "landmark speech" from which he has since entirely backtracked.

Not only is this a ridiculously egotistical move, even for a presidential candidate, but it's yet another appropriation of traditional patriotic words and imagery by a man who has claimed to dislike the manipulation of patriotic imagery for political purposes. As Patrick Ruffini has noted, Obama's website's appropriation of the U.S. seal eagle is a somewhat more brazen manipulation of such symbols than other campaigns have tried. Likewise, it seems to me that selling a DVD emblazoned with the first, iconic phrase of the U.S. Constitution, as if the phrase were Obama's and elevating his speech to the level of the Preamble, walks a similar line.

link

Well I guess it's obvious what rr will be wanting for Christmas. But he probably can't wait that long and will want it for his July 4th, celebrations.

This still wins for me:

http://www.georgewbushstore.com/200-6000.htm

Obama takes top prize.,,,,in the clash of the narcissists,

Behold, the newest, self-absorbed, ludicrously lofty Obama-phernalia available at his website.

DVD0015-2.jpg

http://store.barackobama.com/product_p/dvd0015.htm

That's right, it appears to be a faux-leather-bound collector's edition DVD of the "More Perfect Union" speech. A piece of oratory ripe for canonization at the age of just three months. A piece of oratory so sage in its insight, so true in its observations, so riveting in its delivery, that the orator himself admitted it was all bunk just one month after its delivery, and yet still believes that you should own a copy of this "landmark speech" from which he has since entirely backtracked.

Not only is this a ridiculously egotistical move, even for a presidential candidate, but it's yet another appropriation of traditional patriotic words and imagery by a man who has claimed to dislike the manipulation of patriotic imagery for political purposes. As Patrick Ruffini has noted, Obama's website's appropriation of the U.S. seal eagle is a somewhat more brazen manipulation of such symbols than other campaigns have tried. Likewise, it seems to me that selling a DVD emblazoned with the first, iconic phrase of the U.S. Constitution, as if the phrase were Obama's and elevating his speech to the level of the Preamble, walks a similar line.

link

Well I guess it's obvious what rr will be wanting for Christmas. But he probably can't wait that long and will want it for his July 4th, celebrations.

Archived