Saban signees Bolton, Lewis to appeal Clearinghouse

quietfan

Is this old news or current events? I haven't kept up with all of Saban's "national championship" recruiting class. [so if already reported, I apologize.] Between the NCAA Clearinghouse, medical atttrition, & the Tuscaloosa PD, I guess Nick knew what he was talking about when he said don't sweat the scholarship numbers.

http://blog.al.com/tidecorner/2008/07/bolt...al_clearin.html

Bolton, Lewis to appeal Clearinghouse

Crimson Tide signees Devonta Bolton and Brandon Lewis are not ready to give up on playing for Alabama this fall.

Doug Segrest reported in The Birmingham News' breaking news blog that Bolton and Lewis plan to appeal to the NCAA Clearinghouse to gain eligibility this season.

Segrest spoke to officials at East Mississippi Community College, where it had been reported that Lewis and Bolton planned to enroll, and learned of the planned appeals.

Both Bolton and Lewis were four-star prospects according to rivals.com.

It seems likely that both will end up at the Scooba, Miss. junior college, but that is not yet a certainty.

Six not "in"....TEN arrests.....Wow, The $4mil boy has that proccess in high gear!

Six not "in"....TEN arrests.....Wow, The $4mil boy has that proccess in high gear!

I don't know if 6 is the right number or not, I'm just asking.

Not to flame, but how many of Auburn's 2007 signees failed to qualify?

Not enough to make our supposed #1 class no longer #1. :poke:;)

A lot, so it's not a flame but a burn.

Give it a rest, guys. After doing a quick glance on Rivals, from 2004-2008 recruiting classes, we've had 25+ guys not be able to stay on the team. It happens...the arrests don't...but guys not qualifying does occur for every team.

Give it a rest, guys. After doing a quick glance on Rivals, from 2004-2008 recruiting classes, we've had 25+ guys not be able to stay on the team. It happens...the arrests don't...but guys not qualifying does occur for every team.

Are you talking about cocaine distribution or just simply not able to get eligible? I have been hearing a lot of talk lately about how cocaine distribution happens everywhere since it's just boys being boys.

AU had a lot of people not qualify from their 2007 class? I didn't know that

You all can't come close to our 2005 or 2006 class. I think half never qualified and the class was like the high 20's

So far, four have failed to qualify. Those four are OL Freddie Smooth, ATH Brandon Smith, DE/TE Ken Adams, and ATH Onterrio McCalebb.

Two that are awaiting test results, DB Marcus Jemison and OL Jermaine Johnson.

One prospect is waiting on the fast-pace NCAA Clearing House, RB Reggie Hunt.

The other 22 prospects are in.

I LOVE the FACT that uaters only "comeback" these days is to attempt a comparison with AU...no matter the subject. uat will soon be the "new" UAB ! ! !

Are you talking about cocaine distribution or just simply not able to get eligible? I have been hearing a lot of talk lately about how cocaine distribution happens everywhere since it's just boys being boys.

I can't find the words "cocaine distribution" anywhere in my post, so hopefully you can answer that one yourself.

So far, four have failed to qualify. Those four are OL Freddie Smooth, ATH Brandon Smith, DE/TE Ken Adams, and ATH Onterrio McCalebb.

That's your 2008 class.

That's your 2008 class.

To compare aplles and apples, it should be the 2008 class.

There goes little old bg......attempting to compare Tigers with uaters. Here's a hint....AU's Players are winners............

Not only was BG not attempting to do what you accused him of, it appears that you're completely missing the point.

Guys not being able to cut it academically and/or them opting for pro contracts is a regular occurrence at all schools. All I asked was how many signees from Auburn's 2007 class failed to qualify, with the obvious implication being the number that were initially denied. I'm not looking to pick a fight with anyone, it just seems awfully hypocritical to be bashing 'Bama for having a few guys that were unable to cut it when your own school had more in the previous year. He was in no way comparing the two school's players.

Consistency, the lost art.

That's your 2008 class.

To compare aplles and apples, it should be the 2008 class.

The original question was "of your 2007 class"...trying to make a point. You guys were dogging us for having some non quals, and you had quite a few just a year ago. Again, we are back to you guys making fun of us for something that you went through JUST ONE YEAR AGO...to even a higher degree I might add.

I can't find the words "cocaine distribution" anywhere in my post, so hopefully you can answer that one yourself.

Yeah, I didn't pull off my attempt at sarcasm too well there. Sorry.

Honesty......The lost art.

Honesty......The lost art.

I was honest.

I said you missed the point and that it was obvious. There couldn't be a more honest statement.

Honesty - WarTim has no clue what's going on.

It is a rare occasion when I do. The difference is that I know it. I watch, with glee, those that do not and lack the simple intelligence to know. :poke:

Not only was BG not attempting to do what you accused him of, it appears that you're completely missing the point.

Guys not being able to cut it academically and/or them opting for pro contracts is a regular occurrence at all schools. All I asked was how many signees from Auburn's 2007 class failed to qualify, with the obvious implication being the number that were initially denied. I'm not looking to pick a fight with anyone, it just seems awfully hypocritical to be bashing 'Bama for having a few guys that were unable to cut it when your own school had more in the previous year. He was in no way comparing the two school's players.

Consistency, the lost art.

Poor baby.

Just tell me this. With all these kids not qualifying for Bama, do they still have the No. 1 recruiting class?

Archived