Saturday Practice

Rhetortiger821

With closed doors it can be hard to understand how it went, but Tuberville said he was pleased.

My question is do you guys think its better for the scrimmage to have an overwhelming offensive victory or stalemate?

WDE!!!

www.al.com has a good arcticle

With closed doors it can be hard to understand how it went, but Tuberville said he was pleased.

My question is do you guys think its better for the scrimmage to have an overwhelming offensive victory or stalemate?

WDE!!!

www.al.com has a good arcticle

neither. It just depends on how each side plays. If the defense plays well and the offense plays great and puts up points that's fine.

Looking at the results isn't a good idea. They were probably testing out a lot of young guys on the defense. Especially in the secondary. When there's a scrimmage you look at the individual performances and ability. Looking at the results tells you nothing since you're playing yourself. If you go to a practice and see a guy and say man that guy is quick, he's making some great catches, making great pass break ups, etc, those are the guys that are doing well. It actually helps sometimes if you don't know some of the young guys because then you don't have preconceived notations of what to expect. (recruiting rankings, hype, etc.)

One reason the offense did so well was because Tray Blackmon was a no show.

Carry on.

Carry on.

Well, he wasn't a "no show", they just held him out to get a look at some of the younger LBs.

Carry on.

Well, he wasn't a "no show", they just held him out to get a look at some of the younger LBs.

Where'd you hear that?

EDIT - I'd really like to know. Everybody I've talked to (a few that got to be in the stadium) said Blackmon wasn't anywhere to be seen. If they did hold him out, I wonder why they let him stay home.

Carry on.

Where'd you hear that?

EDIT - I'd really like to know. Everybody I've talked to (a few that got to be in the stadium) said Blackmon wasn't anywhere to be seen. If they did hold him out, I wonder why they let him stay home.

Article on Scout said that's why he didn't play. They only gave Powers and McFadden a small part of the scrimmage as well to see the young guys.

I'll just say that the db's got a lot of work today. And a lot of looks.

Carry on.

Where'd you hear that?

Article on Scout said that's why he didn't play. They only gave Powers and McFadden a small part of the scrimmage as well to see the young guys.

It's weird that they allowed him to just stay home. Maybe he had a family event or needed some extra studying, so the coaches just allowed it. Whatever it is - I'm just glad he's not in trouble/injured again.

Archived