Moon, Scab, and Forbes....

DKW 86

The articles we are seeing from Forbes, Moon, and Scab are nice and provide plenty of cannon fodder for us Internet types. But what if they are meant for another purpose? I mean listen just for a second. Does anyone read the Forbes article and not get a weird feeling about all the bobo honking ($1 to Galens Ghost)? Does that not ring a little odd? Most Powerful Coach in Sports? REALLY? There isnt a coach somewhere in sports, Bellichick, Torre, JoPa, Bowden, World Cup Soccer, Olympics, that isnt more respected and makes more money?

Now, read the Forbes article as if Bama had just found out they are about to recieve a PLOI from the NCAA. It now looks like a PLANTED ARTICLE OF TALKING POINTS.

1) We were desperate.

2) Saban had FULL CONTROL.

3) Saban had dozens of secret booster meetings we just found out about.

4) We were trying to gain money for academics...

5) He kept us out of the loop, etc.

I know, I know, I am too suspicious. But after watching The Clintons over the years, I and many more have come to be suspicious of articles like this coming from out of left field.

Just food for thought...

The articles we are seeing from Forbes, Moon, and Scab are nice and provide plenty of cannon fodder for us Internet types. But what if they are meant for another purpose? I mean listen just for a second. Does anyone not read the Forbes article and not get a weird feeling about all the bobo honking ($1 to Galens Ghost)? Does that not ring a little odd? Most Powerful Coach in Sports? REALLY? There isnt a coach somewhere in sports, Bellichick, Torre, JoPa, Bowden, World Cup Soccer, Olympics, that isnt more respected and makes more money?

Now, read the Forbes article as if Bama had just found out they are about to recieve a PLOI from the NCAA. It now looks like a PLANTED ARTICLE OF TALKING POINTS.

1) We were desperate.

I know, I know, I am too suspicious. But after watching The Clintons over the years, I and many more have come to be suspicious of articles like this coming from out of left field.

Just food for thought...

when it comes down to it, its all about the allmighty dollar man. thats why any columnist writes what he writes.....whatever will sell the most copies.

The articles we are seeing from Forbes, Moon, and Scab are nice and provide plenty of cannon fodder for us Internet types. But what if they are meant for another purpose? I mean listen just for a second. Does anyone not read the Forbes article and not get a weird feeling about all the bobo honking ($1 to Galens Ghost)? Does that not ring a little odd? Most Powerful Coach in Sports? REALLY? There isnt a coach somewhere in sports, Bellichick, Torre, JoPa, Bowden, World Cup Soccer, Olympics, that isnt more respected and makes more money?

1) We were desperate.

Just food for thought...

As I stated in the other thread concerning this, " most powerful in coaching" can have the same meaning as " lack of institutional control"

1) We were desperate.

Just food for thought...

No plot would be too twisted or complex for Bama and the REC.

I agree with both RWS and TigerinHeat, to some extent....I agree more with TigerinHeat than I do with RWS. I do think that what DKW said is a Very Real possibility. And, uat does resemble the British, lol.....Bad teeth and all.

Way off base, if you ask me.

Saban has full control of what's going on at Alabama. If someone was trying to instigate a mutiny against Saban by strategically planting articles in national newspapers, he'd know about it.

Then again, maybe they hate Saban over there and just love him for his recruiting. As soon as he pulls in a couple of top five classes, they'll bring in an old Bryant boy to coach the team of superstars.

Conspiracy theories are too easy to come up with. I say move on.

Saban has full control of what's going on at Alabama. If someone was trying to instigate a mutiny against Saban by strategically planting articles in national newspapers, he'd know about it.

Then again, maybe they hate Saban over there and just love him for his recruiting. As soon as he pulls in a couple of top five classes, they'll bring in an old Bryant boy to coach the team of superstars.

No, it's not about mutiny. It's prepping a defense for the coming meltdown. They are maintaining plausible deniability. 3-16 months from now when Saban has to be fired (at a whopping $$$) they can point to this and things like it to say, "See, we didn't know. He was in complete control and wouldn't behave."

No, it's not about mutiny. It's prepping a defense for the coming meltdown. They are maintaining plausible deniability. 3-16 months from now when Saban has to be fired (at a whopping $$$) they can point to this and things like it to say, "See, we didn't know. He was in complete control and wouldn't behave."

it is SO amusing watching you guys spin every single tiny thing you hear about Alabama or CNS. i think alot of you have some very creative imaginations after reading some of the stuff you guys come up with. some of you actually go searching the web for things about Alabama so you can post here to spin, or you just go to random message boards to try and pick up different rumors and then pass it off here like you have some sort of connections.

it is SO amusing watching you guys spin every single tiny thing you hear about Alabama or CNS. i think alot of you have some very creative imaginations after reading some of the stuff you guys come up with. some of you actually go searching the web for things about Alabama so you can post here to spin, or you just go to random message boards to try and pick up different rumors and then pass it off here like you have some sort of connections.

Here, let me spin something for you... That video that's in your sig where JPW is running for his life? Get used to seeing that. That desperation pass he flings down the field for a JJ touchdown? Don't get used to seeing that, because it will be coming back the other way when you play a real defense with real DB's that look for the ball.

How did I do?!?!

Here, let me spin something for you... That video that's in your sig where JPW is running for his life? Get used to seeing that. That desperation pass he flings down the field for a JJ touchdown? Don't get used to seeing that, because it will be coming back the other way when you play a real defense with real DB's that look for the ball.

How did I do?!?!

Sarah Jessica's gonna get decpaitated in this year's Iron Bowl. He just THINKS Groves put it on him.

Sarah Jessica's gonna get decpaitated in this year's Iron Bowl. He just THINKS Groves put it on him.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about being decpaitated.

As for JPW "running for his life" that's called rolling out. You might not be used to seeing him do it as he has shown no ability to do so in the past. You see, a year ago, that pass would have intentionally been thrown to the sideline. Now it's a 50 yard pass that went for a touchdown against a 1st Team All-SEC DB Rashad Johnson who also happens to be the fastest player on the Alabama Team. Think speed is going to stop Julio after the catch? It isn't going to stop Julio after the catch. He's to physical a football player to take quick exits out of bounds after a huge catch like that, instead he will stay in bounds and take out whatever pisses him off on whoever it is that is trying to stop him from getting in the endzone. 24.3% of Julio's catches went for touchdowns in High School. Look what he just did to an All-SEC 1st Teamer and he's only been in college for 3 weeks. Think he can hang?

As for the conspiracy theories. I've read on here for the last week or two about "The bama fans are the only one who don't know Saban's being made fun of and that the Forbes article makes him look like an idiot" and "Saban is a joke and everyone sees it except Bama fans".... and then, with my subjectivity, I start to notice the weirdest thing... I notice that Auburn fans are the ONLY ones who think having Forbes put your Coach on the cover of their magazine is a humiliating event. Do you understand how stupid it sounds to make some of the statements that ya'll have made? If he was on the cover of "Hot Harley's" or "Hooters" I would understand your comments as they might apply, but we're not talking about those magazines, we're talking about a successful business magazine who featured a coach who is THE GREATEST business mind in college football today. Nobody better.

I've said it before, out of all the things in the Auburn arsenal to take some shots at Alabama, I can't believe sometimes the ammunition you pick up and put in your gun. You have cyanide tipped 50 caliber rounds (6 wins in a row) and instead you throw gummy bears at us (your coach is on the cover of Forbes)

As for JPW "running for his life" that's called rolling out. You might not be used to seeing him do it as he has shown no ability to do so in the past. You see, a year ago, that pass would have intentionally been thrown to the sideline. Now it's a 50 yard pass that went for a touchdown against a 1st Team All-SEC DB Rashad Johnson who also happens to be the fastest player on the Alabama Team. Think speed is going to stop Julio after the catch? It isn't going to stop Julio after the catch. He's to physical a football player to take quick exits out of bounds after a huge catch like that, instead he will stay in bounds and take out whatever pisses him off on whoever it is that is trying to stop him from getting in the endzone. 24.3% of Julio's catches went for touchdowns in High School. Look what he just did to an All-SEC 1st Teamer and he's only been in college for 3 weeks. Think he can hang?

Rolling out is a technique. In that video is fear not technique, running for your life, throwing off the wrong foot, throwing sidearm, and flinging the ball down the field over a DB that does not look for the ball. Julio is not in high school anymore.

AT BEST, I would say that video is a lucky play, and nothing more. You can expect to see a lot more of JPW running for his life, though.

Rolling out is a technique. In that video is fear not technique, running for your life, throwing off the wrong foot, throwing sidearm, and flinging the ball down the field ...

Yeah, I doubt any called roll out play includes plans for three defenders to be closer to the QB than any blocker....

I'm not taking any credit away from JJ. He made the catch and punked your DBs to get in the end zone. But let's not pretend that play was designed that way, and that your defense was on their assignments when JPW used his new "roll out" passing system to deliver the ball right on the money. Give me a break.

Archived