Strange "joke" by Clemson's DC

quietfan

Doesn't he have parents? Kids rent cars all the time for the prom. How they do that frankly, I don't know, but they do. Maybe his parents did this for him. Get off my back, what you want to find is not there and you know it.

Uhh .... no. Have you ever rented a car before? You cannot "rent it for somebody else." The rental agency wants to know who will be driving their car. That means they want to see & record the license up front of every driver that will operate the vehicle during the rental period before they hand you the keys. If you let someone not listed on the rental agreement drive your rented car and they get in an accident, then you are liable. No rational person would assume such a risk -- especially with an inexeprienced teenaged driver out on the town in a celebratory mood.

This coach is obviously telling a falsehood. Wonder why?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't he have parents? Kids rent cars all the time for the prom. How they do that frankly, I don't know, but they do. Maybe his parents did this for him. Get off my back, what you want to find is not there and you know it.

Uhh .... no. Have you ever rented a car before? You cannot "rent it for somebody else." The rental agency wants to know who will be driving their car. That means they want to see & record the license up front of every driver that will operate the vehicle during the rental period before they hand you the keys. If you let someone not listed on the rental agreement drive your rented car and they get in an accident, then you are liable. No rational person would assume such a risk -- especially with an inexeprienced teenaged driver out on the town in a celebratory mood.

Not so fast my friend. I rent cars all the time for our company, and all they are concerned with is who is going to pay the bill. I give them the company information and the car is ready for the driver to pick up or it is delivered to the hanger and when they get off the plane the car is there for them.

BMH, I'll reiterate that this was DURING the Mike Dubose era. You may be running a clean program now, but we all know you were NOT doing that back then. If you insinuate that Auburn players were being loaned money in the early 90's, I'd be inclined to believe you. Why? Because it happened and we got caught and punished for it. My story happened during arguably the sleaziest era in Bama's history. I stand by it, and the timing of the whole thing (coupled with the high profile of the player during recruitment) lends my account a lot of credibility.

Not so fast my friend. I rent cars all the time for our company, and all they are concerned with is who is going to pay the bill. I give them the company information and the car is ready for the driver to pick up or it is delivered to the hanger and when they get off the plane the car is there for them.

The car may be ready for them, but when they go to pick it up, I guarantee they are asked for their drivers license, and if they will be the only driver. LOggerhead is right on the money with this one. I've rented cars too many times to count and they always get my info and ask if anybody else will be driving the car. If they are, then they want their drivers license too.

Again, THIS has gone on in west vance for DECADES. Nothing new here. ANYONE that chooses to think otherwise is just sticking their head DEEP in the dark pink sand.

Again, THIS has gone on in west vance for DECADES. Nothing new here. ANYONE that chooses to think otherwise is just sticking their head DEEP in the dark pink sand.

in your case, you are sticking your head deep in the dark orange and blue sand. you want something to happen so so badly you just fabricate it since it isn't there. if you accept that since there used to be major infractions by Alabama so we must be doing it now still, then you also must accept that since AU has the most major infractions out of any team in the country, then AU must be doing it also. you can't have it both ways. but then again, rational thought on such subjects has never really been your forte.

I will say that you guys are way off on renting a car. There used to be a requirement that the driver of the vehicle be at least 25. That's not there anymore. Now you only have to make the reservation with a credit card because most credit cards offer some liability protection. I rented cars in Atlanta, New Zealand, and Virginia before I was 25. All I needed was a driver's license and a credit card. If you make the reservation online, they don't even ask how old you are. Most places do charge extra for drivers under 25, but you can still get the vehicle.

in your case, you are sticking your head deep in the dark orange and blue sand. you want something to happen so so badly you just fabricate it since it isn't there. if you accept that since there used to be major infractions by Alabama so we must be doing it now still, then you also must accept that since AU has the most major infractions out of any team in the country, then AU must be doing it also. you can't have it both ways. but then again, rational thought on such subjects has never really been your forte.

actually at least 3 of the times auburn was put on probation was directly a result of uat setting us up. Like it or not, agree with it or not, its the way it is. Secondly, please do research before you post. We do not have the most major infractions out of any team in the country. Research is your friend...

actually at least 3 of the times auburn was put on probation was directly a result of uat setting us up. Like it or not, agree with it or not, its the way it is. Secondly, please do research before you post. We do not have the most major infractions out of any team in the country. Research is your friend...

last time i looked you guys were tied for 1st. now you're just tied for 2nd. it sill does not change my point.

https://web1.ncaa.org/pdf/convert?pdfurl=ht...tinfractionsrpt

I will say that you guys are way off on renting a car. There used to be a requirement that the driver of the vehicle be at least 25. That's not there anymore. Now you only have to make the reservation with a credit card because most credit cards offer some liability protection. I rented cars in Atlanta, New Zealand, and Virginia before I was 25. All I needed was a driver's license and a credit card. If you make the reservation online, they don't even ask how old you are. Most places do charge extra for drivers under 25, but you can still get the vehicle.

Most rental car companies operate the same with a few minor exceptions. I looked up Alamo's policy: http://www.alamo.com/itemDetails.do?HelpItemID=AGELink

Age Requirement

Below are Alamo's policies on age requirements:

The primary renter of the vehicle must be 25 years of age, or for select corporate contracts and international tour accounts, the minimum age is 21.

Additional drivers must meet the same eligibility requirements as the Primary driver

All drivers must show a valid driver's license at time of rental.

Rental rates may be higher for renters aged 21 - 24. An additional daily fee may apply in most locations (except in New York, the fee is up to $70.82) for all drivers who do not meet the age requirements.

Certain specialty and larger sized vehicles may not be rented to younger drivers. Some locations maintain maximum age limits.

Alamo reserves the right to refuse rental of a vehicle if the renter demonstrates inability to handle road rules and conditions.

Military or Government personnel on official orders renting at government rates may rent at 18 years of age (see Government/Military Rates).

New York state: The minimum age for NY is 18 years of age, subject to a per day surcharge.

Montgomery, AL: Does not permit renters under age 25.

Michigan: The minimum age for MI is 18 years of age. A $45.00 per day fee applies to 18-20 under age renters or $25.00 for renters 21-24.

Corporate accounts and the military obviously have to have some exceptions and the rental car companies will gladly oblige to gain their business. Regardless, Joe or Jane Schmo is not going to walk in there and rent a car for his teenager -- not legally anyway.

So, the bottom line is the HS coach in Mobile was not telling the truth. If everything about his player's recruitment by the bammies was above board, then why the need to lie? The Clemson coach, Koenning, put his foot in his mouth by making an alleged reference to the bammies' past recruiting methods. But this HS coach seems to have messed up even worse by giving the story legs.

last time i looked you guys were tied for 1st. now you're just tied for 2nd. it sill does not change my point.

Wow, pulled that up quick. But, apparently you haven't checked that very page in, say, EIGHT YEARS..... LMAO... Never fear, uat is quickly catching up, and knowing their track record for tilting the playing field, should be adding to their total very soon..

Wow, pulled that up quick. But, apparently you haven't checked that very page in, say, EIGHT YEARS..... LMAO...

so are you going to answer on my point, or are you just going to continue to try and deflect? or was the "well you guys set us up for 3 of those" going to be the excuse you go with? watch this:

you guys set us up for 3 of our infractions, no matter what you say or want to believe.

there, see how easy that was? so i guess since now we can just decide what we want to blame on who, we have only had 1 major infraction. like i said, you can't have it both ways. if you say that since Alabama used to do it so we're doing it now, you certainly have to say the same thing about AU, especially since you guys have had more of a track record of doing it.

Wow, pulled that up quick. But, apparently you haven't checked that very page in, say, EIGHT YEARS..... LMAO...

so are you going to answer on my point, or are you just going to continue to try and deflect? or was the "well you guys set us up for 3 of those" going to be the excuse you go with? watch this:

you guys set us up for 3 of our infractions, no matter what you say or want to believe.

there, see how easy that was? so i guess since now we can just decide what we want to blame on who, we have only had 1 major infraction. like i said, you can't have it both ways. if you say that since Alabama used to do it so we're doing it now, you certainly have to say the same thing about AU, especially since you guys have had more of a track record of doing it.

I'm not trying to deflect anything. I know exactly what happened.

We have 7 major infractions listed. woopty dooo.....yes we were guilty. Guilty of giving a player $45 worth of steaks...thanks to some uat attorney's that got pissed because the iron bowl was moved out of bamaham...

We are 15 years removed from our latest run ins with the ncaa. Obviously uat cannot say the same thing. I'll bet uat gets major infraction #5 before we get #8.

We know what uat is all about and how they do business. We also know that our last football probation was 15 years ago. uat has had TWO football run ins with the NCAA over that same 15 year period, and actually much less since the last one was handed down in 2002. That was TWO in less than 10 years. We have referenced the article from the 1940's on here countless times of uat's rampant cheating, we know when bryant left a&m he left them on probation. We KNOW bryant admitted to paying players in his own autobiography. We know uat cannot compete when the playing field is level. We also know that auburn has never been threatened with the death penalty because of the results of an investigation. uat has been grasping at straws to find dirt on auburn for years, and are still coming up empty. In short, we know uat cheats....period. It's what they do. They can't win without it....except lately, they can seem to win while doing it either....oops...

Archived