Strange "joke" by Clemson's DC

quietfan

just to add to it, on Clemson's Rivals site there is another interview up clearing the air also saying he was just kidding and didn't think something that was obviously said as a joke would get legs like it did, especially when he told everybody there he was just kidding.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to add to it, on Clemson's Rivals site there is another interview up clearing the air also saying he was just kidding and didn't think something that was obviously said as a joke would get legs like it did, especially when he told everybody there he was just kidding.

You look for evidence in the strangest places.

Vigor's HC stated that Vic Koenning is not welcome back.....Hmmm, wonder why? He also stated that Scott rented a Chevy (It's a GMC, but same difference) Envoy for the Prom and that, that was the vehicle he saw Scott get into.

So, Kerry Stevenson is going with the "He rented it for the Prom" route. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm not, but don't you have to be 21 or older to rent a vehicle? I know that BS's parents possibly rented the vehicle, but that isn't what Vigor's HC said. I'd like to see the receipt from the supposed rental and see who's name is on it. Also, how many people here had a Head Coach that knew what they were driving to the Prom? I guess it isn't weird or strange if your HC is also your "Caretaker".

Vigor's Head Coach refutes VC's claims

I'm perfectly happy to accept that it was a badly thought-out joke and not true. That's not really what I'm thinking about.

IMHO, what should disturb Bama fans is that because of their history with the arrests, the NCAA, lawyers, vagabond coaches, etc., the nation is more likely to believe this when linked to them than to any other school (USC & FSU may give them a run for the honor soon). Isn't it sad enough that to much of the football world, it wouldn't really be a shock at Alabama even if true? That's how low Alabama's reputation has fallen. And having the "$4-Million-Dollar Man" bring in the #1 recruiting class doesn't help that perception.

Plus, it's just one more off-the-field distraction for a program drowning in "off-the-field" distractions.

"Drowning"?...Well, for west vance, I say glub,glub,glub...........

Bama My Heart do you know who Freddie Milons is? I'm being serious. He was First Team All-State in Mississippi as a junior AND a senior. He was runner up for Mr. Football in the state as a senior. He lost 3 games as a starting QB at SHS in two years. He was one of the most highly recruited players in the entire state. Steve Spurrier (in the Florida days) was at SHS three times that I know of to recruit him.

While at Alabama he was All-SEC at least once. He was at the top of every single Heisman list in America going into his junior year. When he finished at Bama he set the record for most career receptions, finished second in receiving yards, and fourth in all-purpose yardage. After Bama (along with Freddie his senior season) was a huge a huge bust in 2000, Freddie was still drafted a year later in the 5th round by the Eagles.

But I'm sure you're right. He was never good enough to get anything from anyone. I don't have proof because it never mattered to me. I went to high school with the guy, and I cheered for him every game of his high school career. I also know that Freddie had his jaw broken by a defensive teammate in the locker room in the spring of his junior year, but I don't have any proof of it. I just know it happened because I was there. I know for a fact that Freddie was driving a brand new SUV a week after committing, and I know that his family couldn't (at the time) afford it. His sister was an SHS basketball legend who was teaching at SHS at the time. His mom was working the same job she had when Freddie was driving a POS. BUT I can't find proof of that on the Internet so it must not be true.

I don't want to "be a man" and report it because I don't care what Freddie got or who gave it to him. Just like I don't care what or if Julio got stuff. I care when high schoolers are being traded by coaches like meat. That crap in Memphis needed to stop, but in the end, I just don't care if high school kids get a present or two.

Vigor's HC stated that Vic Koenning is not welcome back.....Hmmm, wonder why? He also stated that Scott rented a Chevy (It's a GMC, but same difference) Envoy for the Prom and that, that was the vehicle he saw Scott get into.

So, Kerry Stevenson is going with the "He rented it for the Prom" route. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm not, but don't you have to be 21 or older to rent a vehicle? I know that BS's parents possibly rented the vehicle, but that isn't what Vigor's HC said. I'd like to see the receipt from the supposed rental and see who's name is on it. Also, how many people here had a Head Coach that knew what they were driving to the Prom? I guess it isn't weird or strange if your HC is also your "Caretaker".

Okay, Kerry Stevenson must go down. He seems to be a ring leader down there. Last year, he took every opportunity to take shots at CTT and praise CNS. Now, he's weighing in on this? He must be on the payroll, too.

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2008/08/clemso...t_about_ju.html

As if this heavily anticipated game was lacking juice, how about some more?

Check out these comments from Clemson defensive coordinator Vic Koenning. He recruits the South, so he was asked fairly generically about if he's run into new starter Julio Jones?

"I actually ran into Julio in the spring recruiting," Koenning told six reporters who cover Clemson today. "I said hello to him. I said, 'Well, I guess I'll be seeing you at the end of August.' And then he got out and got in his Escalade and drove off. That's (being) serious. And then I went over and watched Burton Scott at Vigor High School at the track over there, and Burton Scott was running around. He went and got in his Escalade out at track practice and drove off. So I'm familiar with those two guys."

Wow, huh? I mean... wow.

Read the CU accounts here (http://pstrelow.thestateonline.com/?p=115 ) and here. It's worth noting that Koenning sought out The State's reporter Paul Strelow later to make sure the media knew he was kidding around. Noted.

PT, it is right there in the original post.

Sorry I didn't see that part. I accept he said it. I still must think it was a strange joke considering the timing and audience.

I have heard from too many sources that Hoolio does indeed drive a crimson escalade. Scott, I dont have a clue.

nope, the white T-ho went with him. i could just as easily say Joe Blow on AU's team is driving an orange Navigator. the escalade rumor has been going around since i don't know when. it was going around that he had a red escalade with Oklahoma plates in his driveway because his mom was dating an OU booster. that was untrue also.

You think it's a rumor Jones was driving an Escalade? I choose to believe the Clemson coach who associated his name with it and said he saw it with his own eyes.

.....and said he was joking.

I haven't seen anywhere he said he was joking. link?

All I know is what I read in today's Huntsville Times in an article by Gentry Ellis.....the bama beatwriter

He quotes Koenning as saying (after he finished talking with Jones) "and then he got out and got in his Caddilac Escalade and drove off. That's serious."

http://pstrelow.thestateonline.com/?p=119

I have heard from too many sources that Hoolio does indeed drive a crimson escalade. Scott, I dont have a clue.

nope, the white T-ho went with him. i could just as easily say Joe Blow on AU's team is driving an orange Navigator. the escalade rumor has been going around since i don't know when. it was going around that he had a red escalade with Oklahoma plates in his driveway because his mom was dating an OU booster. that was untrue also.

You think it's a rumor Jones was driving an Escalade? I choose to believe the Clemson coach who associated his name with it and said he saw it with his own eyes.

All I know is what I read in today's Huntsville Times in an article by Gentry Ellis.....the bama beatwriter

He quotes Koenning as saying (after he finished talking with Jones) "and then he got out and got in his Caddilac Escalade and drove off. That's serious."

"That's serious"

So he was serious up until he had 10 minutes to think about it and felt it better to claim it was a joke?

Usually when I'm joking about something I don't add "That's serious" at the end of it. Didn't Julio have a nice SUV during the ESPN profile of him last year?

"That's serious"

So he was serious up until he had 10 minutes to think about it and felt it better to claim it was a joke?

Usually when I'm joking about something I don't add "That's serious" at the end of it. Didn't Julio have a nice SUV during the ESPN profile of him last year?

I don't know did he or was it a Stealth bomber?

"That's serious"

up until he was told to go back out and recant his statement. "he who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw rocks". B)

Bama My Heart do you know who Freddie Milons is? I'm being serious. He was First Team All-State in Mississippi as a junior AND a senior. He was runner up for Mr. Football in the state as a senior. He lost 3 games as a starting QB at SHS in two years. He was one of the most highly recruited players in the entire state. Steve Spurrier (in the Florida days) was at SHS three times that I know of to recruit him.

While at Alabama he was All-SEC at least once. He was at the top of every single Heisman list in America going into his junior year. When he finished at Bama he set the record for most career receptions, finished second in receiving yards, and fourth in all-purpose yardage. After Bama (along with Freddie his senior season) was a huge a huge bust in 2000, Freddie was still drafted a year later in the 5th round by the Eagles.

But I'm sure you're right. He was never good enough to get anything from anyone. I don't have proof because it never mattered to me. I went to high school with the guy, and I cheered for him every game of his high school career. I also know that Freddie had his jaw broken by a defensive teammate in the locker room in the spring of his junior year, but I don't have any proof of it. I just know it happened because I was there. I know for a fact that Freddie was driving a brand new SUV a week after committing, and I know that his family couldn't (at the time) afford it. His sister was an SHS basketball legend who was teaching at SHS at the time. His mom was working the same job she had when Freddie was driving a POS. BUT I can't find proof of that on the Internet so it must not be true.

I don't want to "be a man" and report it because I don't care what Freddie got or who gave it to him. Just like I don't care what or if Julio got stuff. I care when high schoolers are being traded by coaches like meat. That crap in Memphis needed to stop, but in the end, I just don't care if high school kids get a present or two.

I know exactly who Freddie Milons is, and how at Bama he didn't exactly live up to his potential. He let a bad attitude get in his way on more than one occassion. Coach Debose put up with that, but Coach Fran didn't so much. I went to high school with a lot of guys too, and cheered for them every week, but they didn't tell me what their scholarships involved and if they were given presents. I understand what you are saying about you being there and that should be enough proof of something, but it isn't. On this board it has been said that if you can't provide a picture or link on something, then it didn't happen.

Obviously you do care what you say that these kids get or you wouldn't say these things about them. Just because I see an Auburn recruit drive down the street in a new car the day after he signs at Auburn does not give me the right to say that car was given to him by someone connected to Auburn. I don't have proof of where he got the car, and it is not fair for people like you to speculate on any of our players. If you have the facts/proof then you can talk and turn them in if necessary. Whether Auburn fans want to believe it or not, Bama has paid our dues for past mistakes and are running a clean program. How would you feel if it got out that Auburn coaches are giving players cash for expenses. This happened at Auburn, and you were put on probation and paid your debt and are running a clean program now, and people should not make accusations about the program over things of which they have no proof. That is all that we ask. If you can prove it, please do so, but don't just make statements to try to make us look bad or you on things that you think might be happening. The coach at Clemson made this statement about 2 players and it turned out one player had a car rented for the prom, and there he is talking about him driving an expensive car.

Believe me, I want Bama to run a clean program, because the consequences are too dear, and I would hate for any boosters to ruin it for the rest of us.

Many Truths are said in jest!

Consider this loose time-line.

Before 2002 The Bear, Mal, Logan Young and the REC, err I mean bammer was getting top recruting classes every year.

Bammer won alot.

2002-2007 after Logan Young was found guilty in federal court on charges related to paying $160,000 to get Albert Means to bammer and bammer was on probation (some refer to it as the "salary cap") and the threat of the Death Penalty over their heads, bammer had average recruiting classes(top 25 or so).

Bammer was an also-ran, basically irrelevant.

2008 the probation is over and the threat of the Death Penalty gone, bammer gets the #1 or so recruiting class.

Maybe even some bammers can see some suspicion in this. Hopefully the NCAA will in time.

I had one of my good friends who is a bammer say when I asked him about this "whatever it takes". That seems to be the standard for most bammers. Win at all cost no matter what is being done.

Somewhat sad IMO.

I know exactly who Freddie Milons is, and how at Bama he didn't exactly live up to his potential. He let a bad attitude get in his way on more than one occassion. Coach Debose put up with that, but Coach Fran didn't so much. I went to high school with a lot of guys too, and cheered for them every week, but they didn't tell me what their scholarships involved and if they were given presents. I understand what you are saying about you being there and that should be enough proof of something, but it isn't. On this board it has been said that if you can't provide a picture or link on something, then it didn't happen.

Obviously you do care what you say that these kids get or you wouldn't say these things about them. Just because I see an Auburn recruit drive down the street in a new car the day after he signs at Auburn does not give me the right to say that car was given to him by someone connected to Auburn. I don't have proof of where he got the car, and it is not fair for people like you to speculate on any of our players. If you have the facts/proof then you can talk and turn them in if necessary. Whether Auburn fans want to believe it or not, Bama has paid our dues for past mistakes and are running a clean program. How would you feel if it got out that Auburn coaches are giving players cash for expenses. This happened at Auburn, and you were put on probation and paid your debt and are running a clean program now, and people should not make accusations about the program over things of which they have no proof. That is all that we ask. If you can prove it, please do so, but don't just make statements to try to make us look bad or you on things that you think might be happening. The coach at Clemson made this statement about 2 players and it turned out one player had a car rented for the prom, and there he is talking about him driving an expensive car.

Believe me, I want Bama to run a clean program, because the consequences are too dear, and I would hate for any boosters to ruin it for the rest of us.

must save to classics forum for future use. This is just too good... thanks for the wednesday morning laugh. I really needed that...

How do you know that is true?

Do you have a link?

Bama has paid our dues for past mistakes and are running a clean program

:lol::roflol::roflol::ucrazy:

The same could be said about your own program.

can you give examples?

How do you know that is true?

Do you have a link?

Look in the Mobile newspaper, there is a quote from the highschool football coach.

Look in the Mobile newspaper, there is a quote from the highschool football coach.

You have to be 25 or on Government Orders (if you are under age) to rent a car. I don't think these cats work for the Government.

So the coach is admiting that he rented him a car...is he a member of the REC?

BmH - are you getting your own school in a little trouble here?

You have to be 25 or on Government Orders (if you are under age) to rent a car. I don't think these cats work for the Government.

Doesn't he have parents? Kids rent cars all the time for the prom. How they do that frankly, I don't know, but they do. Maybe his parents did this for him. Get off my back, what you want to find is not there and you know it.

10.jpg

Not all black kids have to rent a "fly" ride for the Prom. Some have successful parents who actually own or lease nice rides. You know those cars with "spinners".

Doesn't he have parents? Kids rent cars all the time for the prom. How they do that frankly, I don't know, but they do. Maybe his parents did this for him. Get off my back, what you want to find is not there and you know it.

You tell me...you are the one who mentioned the coach...how does the coach know if he did'nt rent it? does he know how all his players traveled to the prom? or just certain players that had to be taken care of?

:roflol:

Archived