LSU game time?

TitanTiger

I have to be out of town the week leading up to the LSU game and I'm flying back in that Saturday. I'm trying to figure out whether this is going to be a 2:30 game on CBS or a night game on ESPN. I can't imagine it would be an early game (11:30am) but want to be sure before I book this flight. Anyone heard anything reliable on when the game will start?

It almost certainly is going to be the night ESPN game. Multiple comments have come from CBS that they LOVE to take the Florida/UT game. Of course, if UT loses again, that may change.

CBS does have priority that weekend.

I have been under the impression (some friends and I have rented an RV for the game) that it is the ESPN night game. This is straight from friends, so I have no idea if it is true or not.

Question:

We have never rented (or rode down in) an RV for a game. We are leaving from around Decatur at 10 in the morning on Friday. How hard is it to get into town at that time (wire road or college street?) and what about when we get on campus? Where is the closest place to the stadium that we can park at that time? I expect to be in Auburn by 2:30 or 3:00. Thanks for the help!

I would recommend Wire Road because it will be a lot less traffic. College Street could be packed on that friday around then (it's worse around 3:30, but still bad around then).

In terms of where to park... without a pass, I have no clue where RVs can or cannot park. I would recommend in getting a pass if you want to be anywhere on or near campus. The Donahue fields will likely be full, but that would be your best shot. I don't think they require a pass, but others can confirm that. I would recommend getting the pass that lets you part where the Village used to be located. It's right off new Frat row (intersection of West Thach and Hemlock), if those can be purchased that is. I know some folks that setup there, but I forget the logistics involved.

I'm not sure on the details for how/when they determine this stuff, but doesn't ESPN have 1 trump card to be used 1 week during the season so that they get first pick? I was under the impression that they were going to use it on this game, as I believe they did last year in Baton Rouge. I think ESPN's 2 highest rated games last year we're Chick-fil-a bowl and they AU/UF game so they like having Auburn.

Apparently CBS has first pick of the game they most want every year at the beginning. They used the UGA-UF game. Then ESPN gets their pick.I think ESPN used their "trump" card for the next week(UGA-BAMA). UT-Auburn will be on CBS that week.

That was the impression I got from it, but then you look back to 2006 and ESPN picked the Auburn-UF game. Was that not going to be the biggest game in the SEC that year? Why didn't CBS pick that one?

as a student living in harmon and driving to a 10 o'clock class every friday for the last 4 years, you wont have a problem getting down college at that time...im from decatur too...graduated from austin in '04...might i know you?

as a student living in harmon and driving to a 10 o'clock class every friday for the last 4 years, you wont have a problem getting down college at that time...im from decatur too...graduated from austin in '04...might i know you?

they said they are LEAVING at ten. Getting there at 2:30. That would be a terrible time to drive down college. Although. I think that if you are getting there then, coming from north on 85, then go college. I've felt that going wire takes longer than the traffic takes going college at THAT time.

It is an 8:00 ESPN game. Band and LSU people have already been told this was the time.

Is that 8:00 eastern or central?

If it is eastern that would fall into line with what the others are saying.

It is an 8:00 ESPN game. Band and LSU people have already been told this was the time.

I hope and pray that you are correct and we are 3-0 headed into that game. It will be absolutely deafening in JHS.

You might know my sister-in-law. She graduated either in '03 or '04. Brittni Janeshek.

ESPN has nothing showing for ESPN or ESPN2 for that week yet. However, AUartlady says the band has already been notified, so I would bet on an 8:00 ET start.

Who did you rent the RV from... I'd love to do that sometime.

We got ours in Priceville (near Decatur). There is a place in Tuscaloosa (but will deliver all the way to Birmingham), Another in Dothan. I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that I found easily. I'm excited, but am getting a little worried that I'm gonna have to park really far away from campus where I usually tailgate (around the ampitheater).

Apparently CBS has first pick of the game they most want every year at the beginning. They used the UGA-UF game. Then ESPN gets their pick.I think ESPN used their "trump" card for the next week(UGA-BAMA). UT-Auburn will be on CBS that week.

That was the impression I got from it, but then you look back to 2006 and ESPN picked the Auburn-UF game. Was that not going to be the biggest game in the SEC that year? Why didn't CBS pick that one?

There was a guy from ESPN on one of the local sports shows here in Nashville yesterday. He said that he figured we would be the "PRIMETIME" game, unless one of us falls on our azzes! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!! I can't freaking wait to be down there!!!!!!! ROCK THE JUNGLE BABY! WAR DAMN EAGLE! :cheer::au:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557860.html

according to this site UF/UT is already the CBS game and they are normally pretty accurate. So it looks like it will be a night game. Exact time should be officially announced next Monday(9/8) since it looks like CBS wont be using their 1 week excemption.

I doubt it, but who knows. I'm actually from Athens, but live in Nashville now. I graduated high school in 94'. I did work at point mallard as a life guard for 4 years back in the day though.

If this is a night game LSU will kick AU's ass.

You waited four years to make your first post, and that's what you came up with?

Sniff...sniff...starting to smell like corndogs around here.

If this is a night game LSU will kick AU's ass.

We are playing in Auburn, Auburn is tough at home at night and the crowd will be pumped to no end!! I give the edge to Auburn. It pretty much has been a win for the home team the last 5 years!

Archived