Police Ordered to Return Confiscated Pot

Tigermike

B)B)B):P:P:P:PB)B)B)

Police Ordered to Return Confiscated Pot

Monday, February 09, 2004

Give the pot back, the judge told the cops.

Santa Cruz, Calif., police pulled over a car with tinted windows — a no-no in California — last September, reports the Santa Cruz Sentinel. Inside they found two men and 18 ounces of "Purple Haze" brand marijuana worth about $3,000.

Leo Beus, 47, and his friend, Jon Balesteri, 54, were charged with transporting marijuana with intent to sell, but after they said they'd bought the weed at the Oakland Cannabis Buyers' Club — and produced medical prescriptions to prove it — the charges were eventually dropped.

California's medical-marijuana law (search) allows individuals to grow, smoke or otherwise use pot under a doctor's recommendation. A federal appeals court ruling in December upheld the law despite federal laws making pot illegal.

Superior Court Judge Art Danner (search) on Wednesday ordered that since the marijuana, which had been seized as evidence, was entirely legal, the police had to return it to Beus and Balestri.

In the hallway outside the courtroom, which the Sentinel reported reeked of the repossessed marijuana, the two men thanked defense attorney Ben Rice.

"Thanks, man, you're a sweetheart," said Balesteri, an ex-truck driver who said he suffers from migraines, carpal-tunnel syndrome and hepatitis C.

"Yes, thanks, it's been great," said Beus, a landscaper with two broken vertebrae who says regular pain medication nauseates him. "Santa Cruz has come a long way. I'm really grateful."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110796,00.html

Wait a minute.

I have migranes and lots of joint pain left over from the 'glory days'. Does this mean if I move to Cali, I could qualify for LEGAL POT use? Sure looks that way.

Wait a minute.

I have migranes and lots of joint pain left over from the 'glory days'. Does this mean if I move to Cali, I could qualify for LEGAL POT use? Sure looks that way.

I get migranes 2.

Lets move to cali............ JK

If you two were serious about MIGRANES, there is an herbal remedy that can be found in many health food stores or online. It is called Mygrafew and is made from the leaves of the feverfew plant. Cost is less than $10 per month, and it is LEGAL, LOL.

Before finding this, I was having those things so often that I was contemplating amputation! The pain was almost unbearable, and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. They don't make the migrane stop once it is started, you take one little pill per day and after three or four weeks, you don't have them any more. I have not had one now in about 8 years. I've read that it works in about 80% of people who use it, but have no idea how they arrived at that, so I can only say it worked for me, very well.

If you two were serious about MIGRANES, there is an herbal remedy that can be found in many health food stores or online. It is called Mygrafew and is made from the leaves of the feverfew plant. Cost is less than $10 per month, and it is LEGAL, LOL.

Before finding this, I was having those things so often that I was contemplating amputation! The pain was almost unbearable, and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. They don't make the migrane stop once it is started, you take one little pill per day and after three or four weeks, you don't have them any more. I have not had one now in about 8 years. I've read that it works in about 80% of people who use it, but have no idea how they arrived at that, so I can only say it worked for me, very well.

Yeah, but...does it give you a buzz???

If you two were serious about MIGRANES, there is an herbal remedy that can be found in many health food stores or online.  It is called Mygrafew and is made from the leaves of the feverfew plant.  Cost is less than $10 per month, and it is LEGAL, LOL.

Tried it and it didn't really work for me. The frequency declined some, but not much.

Someone suggested that switching jobs may help. I tried that, and lo and behold, they are a rarity now. But they still pop up now and then, to remind me of times gone by. <_<

Archived