Todd vs. Burns

nanatiger

Someone who sits in our section claims that the team likes Burns better than Todd. When asked where this information came from, he said that's what he's been hearing. Has anyone heard anything like this? I would love to be able to shoot this statement down, because this guy is so negative, I wonder why he buys season tickets.

No, its true..... as a general consensus most of the players like Burns better.... im not going to say any names because I don't want to put anyones name out there...... The players feel that KODI got a Raw deal...

KODI is the more popular of the two on the team.....

that being said, I saw some improvement in TODD this week.... If he can keep getting better each week I think he will be alright.... although I do Believe KODI needs to play in 3-4 series a game, and situational stuff as a change of pace....

Regardless of any truth to this or not, it is a competition and not a popularity contest.

Is Todd the better QB? I don't know. I can see how the team would cling to Kodi as he came here as his first choice and has a year with them.

I think there is zero chance Burns will be on the field until his leg is fully healed. That's not a papercut he's dealing with, y'know.

Someone who sits in our section claims that the team likes Burns better than Todd. When asked where this information came from, he said that's what he's been hearing. Has anyone heard anything like this? I would love to be able to shoot this statement down, because this guy is so negative, I wonder why he buys season tickets.

Yes I have heard this from one of the starting linemans father.

While I agree that its not a popularity contest, I think Kodi has gotten a raw deal. The only time he really got a chance was the first game when they were alternating every series and he and Todd both looked bad in that game. The second game Todd got the start because of the injury to Todd and got to play out so he got in a bit of a rhythm and he was named the starter off that. KODI HAS NOT GOTTEN THE CHANCE TO HAVE 3 OR 4 STRAIGHT SERIES AND FIND A RHYTHM LIKE TODD HAS. Give Kodi at least an entire half to play as the qb and then make a decision on the starter. So far Todd has only gotten that chance and he is the starter because of it.

Yes I have heard this from one of the starting lineman on the team. This was not from his mouth but from his fathers.

Auburn ain't what it used to be.

j/k

i know from one of the dbs....and one of the d-line, initials jr, that they like burns better....

I don't care who the players like better. The coaches think Todd gives us the best chance to win games.

Personally, I'd like to see Burns get some more playing time, but I'm not out there on the practice field with these guys every day. The coaches are out there, and their livelihood depends on winning. Believe me, if Burns gave us a better chance to win, Burns would be starting.

If the team was coached by the players or their whims i dont think it would be the program it is today. Thats why we have coaches who make the decision of who plays...

WDE!!!

Also why we will never win a championship of any kind!!!!!!!!!!

Sheeesh, players feel that Kodi got a raw deal and like him more??? Man, news to me. Perhaps I am not the only crazy one that thinks there is a favoritism problem going on...

i know from one of the dbs....and one of the d-line, initials jr, that they like burns better....

I don't care who the players like better. The coaches think Todd gives us the best chance to win games.

Personally, I'd like to see Burns get some more playing time, but I'm not out there on the practice field with these guys every day. The coaches are out there, and their livelihood depends on winning. Believe me, if Burns gave us a better chance to win, Burns would be starting.

While I agree with you in principle, I don't think the Coaches see Todd as there best chance and I think the players are actually right in this situation. I spoke to a player who graduated last year, and according to him Burns is the more popular amongst the team. That wasn't that big of a surprise to tell me that, but he dropped a bomb on me.

Apparently Franklin hates Burns and has from day one. My friend told me that a bunch of the offensive players told him this, that Franklin wants nothing to do with Burns, isn't nice to him during practice, doesn't really talk to him much, and basically turns a cold shoulder to him.

They apparently said that Franklin was way too invested in Todd, the word "obsessed" was used. Basically the gist I got from the conversation was that Todd was Franklin's boy and could do no wrong, and that no matter how good Burns did Fanklin still wouldn't give him a chance.

Usually I take this kind of stuff with a grain of salt, but considering who I heard it from I unfortunately believe it. I don't want a OC acting like this while at Auburn. We keep hearing how this is a business and not a popularity contest, but it seems to me that Franklin is doing the opposite of that and it bothers me a lot.

War Eagle, hopefully this will all work out.

Todd vs Burns?.....impossible. THEY are on the SAME TEAM.

Please, keep rumors and speculation about players to yourself. It helps nobody and may hurt.

While I do have a problem with this favoritizm thing going on in the qb situation, I just don't think Todd is a good qb for this offense. I was at the game this past saturday and his arm looked weak. He could have sent the ball USPS and it would have gotten there faster. His throws had NO velocity and were all floated up in the air. Even an LSU cornerback was quoated saying Todd's throws were all "lofted out there, just hanging in the air, giving us gifts all night."

I know he had around 250 yards, but we had some big plays with recievers WIDE OPEN, and a high school qb could make those throws, and he still underthrew them, and the one he didn't underthrow was passed directly to an LSU db. Todd only complete slightly over 50% of his passing attempts, threw two interceptions, could not scramble, held the ball forever and didn't get rid of it when needed most, got sacked a bunch, basically a right handed version of Cox last year.

I'm just not happy with the way this offense is being managed and I looking to Tommy to help fix it, because these problems are very evident to most of us, so you know he's aware of it.

Please, keep rumors and speculation about players to yourself. It helps nobody and may hurt.

That's very understandable and a good point, let me know if I need to pull my earlier post.

I did hear one random rumor I'd like some feedback on from y'all. I was on another blog, mainly filled with Au students, and someone put up a post stating that not only did Durst get the flu, but that Kodi Burns also had the flu preceeding saturday's game, and that his fever broke just before start of the game. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this because it would make a whole lot of sense.

If the team was coached by the players or their whims i dont think it would be the program it is today. Thats why we have coaches who make the decision of who plays...

WDE!!!

Also why we will never win a championship of any kind!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't we win a championship in 04?

That's very understandable and a good point, let me know if I need to pull my earlier post.

I did hear one random rumor I'd like some feedback on from y'all. I was on another blog, mainly filled with Au students, and someone put up a post stating that not only did Durst get the flu, but that Kodi Burns also had the flu preceeding saturday's game, and that his fever broke just before start of the game. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this because it would make a whole lot of sense.

I read that too. I don't really believe it. Kodi was on the sidelines the whole game and looked ready for any and everything. He did not look like :puke: at all.

Thats why we have coaches who make the decision ...

If we don't have a really capable qb, then we know who is at fault. Funny how Ga. Tech has a new STAFF and offense and destroyed MSU. Excuses as for manual labor, those who are overpaid and runners-ups. Tuberville came in crowing about winning championshipS, PLURAL. Ten years later, more excuses that don't hold water for those that know football. This is the same staff that held back Kenny Irons, promised Mario would be a play maker, James Swinton would be a game breaker, etc. We have four, count'em four players on scholly for special teams to include a long snapper(go figure) and only one contributes to the team. I personally 'handed' them a two time all-state kicker from Ga. who had out kicked everyone :au: had in camps ;punting and kick-offs. He is a tremendous athlete and student.They tried to sand bag him to walk-on and foot an out of state bill. What a joke. Then when he took another offer, Eddie Gran got mad. Pitiful. If you think these coaches are infallible and all their decisions are sacrosanct you are VERY naive. I guarantee I can put in a goal line/short yardage package for Kodi that includes passing and be very successful. What a waste of talent.AND, yes I had a chance to go the college coaching route under Coach Dye and decided against it; no regrets.

Regardless of any truth to this or not, it is a competition and not a popularity contest.

Is Todd the better QB? I don't know. I can see how the team would cling to Kodi as he came here as his first choice and has a year with them.

True...but when a team supports their QB...you will see it, so in a sense, it is a popularity contest. I have heard horrible things about the LSU game, but I think it was an outstanding game with a select few terrible coaching (and punting) mistakes. I think our new OC is taking more heat than he deserves...tubs. By the way...where was Durst? Am I out of the loop on that one, he seems like a much better punter.

True...but when a team supports their QB...you will see it, so in a sense, it is a popularity contest. I have heard horrible things about the LSU game, but I think it was an outstanding game with a select few terrible coaching (and punting) mistakes. I think our new OC is taking more heat than he deserves...tubs. By the way...where was Durst? Am I out of the loop on that one, he seems like a much better punter.

Durst had the flu, they announced he'd be out of the game earlier in the week. What I'm pretty stunned about was Shoemaker's performance. He was named an All SEC punter going into the preseason, so I thought we would be fine with Durst out, I guess we know how Shoemaker got beat out for the starting job. My heart goes out to the kid, he's apparently struggling a lot to get back on track.

Archived