Todd named Starter for Vandy

autiger6

Ok I dont agree with this "oline is horrible" stuff. When we were under center against UT, the backs consistenly gained 4-5 yards per run. When we are in the shotgun, Todd has plenty of time to throw the ball and we all agree that he holds on to it too long. But we never say he gets sacked too much. The o-line does have issues with penalties but that should be expected with such a drastic change in techniques.

i was thinking the same thing, todd has all day to throw the ball and still makes bad decisions. On his pick he looked off two open recievers and forced the ball into double coverage, go back and watch the play.

Ok I dont agree with this "oline is horrible" stuff. When we were under center against UT, the backs consistenly gained 4-5 yards per run. When we are in the shotgun, Todd has plenty of time to throw the ball and we all agree that he holds on to it too long. But we never say he gets sacked too much. The o-line does have issues with penalties but that should be expected with such a drastic change in techniques.

Vs. :lsu: : 36 rushes for 70 yards

Vs. :ut: : 38 rushes for 97 yards

Clear evidence of dominating offensive line play.

Vs. :lsu: : 36 rushes for 70 yards

Vs. :ut: : 38 rushes for 97 yards

Clear evidence of dominating offensive line play.

please, we run two running plays. the only problem with our offense is franklin.

I am so sick of Franklin's love affair with Todd. It cost us the LSU game and it almost cost us the MSU and UT games. Tuberville needs to put his foot down and name Burns the starter. All Franklin has done is made our offense worse than it was last year. If this continues, Franklin will pack his bags at the end of the year.

For once, we are in total agreement.

I just don't see how this team is able to beat Vandy, UGA and especially UA with this kind of offense.

its starting to come into sight of the steak ending at 6.

I'm afraid you're right.

The line hasn't been great. I don't care what technique or system you run; the amount of pre-snap penalties we've had is just flat out embarrassing. I bet Hugh Nall would tell you the same thing. And what excuse do we have for the holding calls on pass plays? There's no real shift in technique there. Ziemba and Bosley have struggled against a speed rush. The only change I've seen is that defenses are more willing to pin their ears back against us since they don't respect our running game. But the technique we use in pass blocking is the same as last year... we're just getting beat and holding more. That's killed a number of drives this year.

In the line's defense, if we had them in three point stances and allowed them to be aggressive the way they want to be (I'm sorry but a two-point stance with pass heavy technique just doesn't allow you to be aggressive)... we'd have a much better running game. You saw that against UT. We go under center and whamo! we find a running game. Funny how letting your line fire off the ball and punish people does that.

As for the QBs, I refuse to just bash Chris Todd. I don't think he's got all the tools you need to be an SEC QB, but it's not his fault. He's going out there and giving Auburn football every ounce he's got. He never looks like he's being too loose or lacks. He's trying his damnest to get the ball in the endzone. I blame the coaching staff for trotting him out there over and over again when it's not working.

I think if we'd put him under center and run the ball to set up his passing, he'd have a better shot at being successful. But the way we use him, running the damn read option when every defender knows he's no threat to run? That's just unfair the Chris Todd, and it's not his fault. If we're going to run this offense and use this style running game, Kodi needs to be the guy. If we make a change, I'm not sure who the best man is.

PS. Don't concede the dang Iron Bowl just yet. The situation looked more dire than this in 2002 when we had to start Freshman Tre Smith at tailback and TE Cooper Wallace at fullback against a top 15 Bama team. But we went into that same stadium and whipped their butts from kickoff to close. It certainly didn't look like a gimme in 2005 against a one-loss Bama team that had just taken LSU to the wire, but we sent the message early that their Number One ranked defense couldn't stop us and their line couldn't block us.

I still think our defense is the best in the country. The LSU game was a fluke. If Pybus is .03 of a second earlier that first TD pass never makes it over the line. Somehow, that play opened the flood gates, but I don't think it'll happen again. Marks is still the best DT in the country. Powers is still the best corner in the SEC. Our linebackers are looking better than ever with the emergence of Josh Bynes. The defenses are going to dictate that game, and I'd rather have our's than their's. We're going to win the Iron Bowl.

The line hasn't been great. I don't care what technique or system you run; the amount of pre-snap penalties we've had is just flat out embarrassing. I bet Hugh Nall would tell you the same thing. And what excuse do we have for the holding calls on pass plays? There's no real shift in technique there. Ziemba and Bosley have struggled against a speed rush. The only change I've seen is that defenses are more willing to pin their ears back against us since they don't respect our running game. But the technique we use in pass blocking is the same as last year... we're just getting beat and holding more. That's killed a number of drives this year.

In the line's defense, if we had them in three point stances and allowed them to be aggressive the way they want to be (I'm sorry but a two-point stance with pass heavy technique just doesn't allow you to be aggressive)... we'd have a much better running game. You saw that against UT. We go under center and whamo! we find a running game. Funny how letting your line fire off the ball and punish people does that.

As for the QBs, I refuse to just bash Chris Todd. I don't think he's got all the tools you need to be an SEC QB, but it's not his fault. He's going out there and giving Auburn football every ounce he's got. He never looks like he's being too loose or lacks. He's trying his damnest to get the ball in the endzone. I blame the coaching staff for trotting him out there over and over again when it's not working.

I think if we'd put him under center and run the ball to set up his passing, he'd have a better shot at being successful. But the way we use him, running the damn read option when every defender knows he's no threat to run? That's just unfair the Chris Todd, and it's not his fault. If we're going to run this offense and use this style running game, Kodi needs to be the guy. If we make a change, I'm not sure who the best man is.

Amen. Couldn't have said it better.

Amen. Couldn't have said it better.

That was one of the best articulated explanations I have read.

And I refuse to support him. if its not "his fault" then why the hell is he playing for AU? there is a reason why he couldn't cut it at TT and ended up at some JuCo, then unfortunately here, and there is no excuse at all why a 4 start recruit at QB is riding the pines over some Big XII JuCo reject who presents no run threat and has a noodle for an arm.

Kodi should be the starter, Id rather live or die this season with him as the full-time starter rather than Todd who has no future at AU at all because it will be a bad thing to see Burns make mistakes during his Junior and Senior year due to lack of playing time right now. Bad decision by the coaching staff.

PS. Don't concede the dang Iron Bowl just yet. The situation looked more dire than this in 2002 when we had to start Freshman Tre Smith at tailback and TE Cooper Wallace at fullback against a top 15 Bama team. But we went into that same stadium and whipped their butts from kickoff to close. It certainly didn't look like a gimme in 2005 against a one-loss Bama team that had just taken LSU to the wire, but we sent the message early that their Number One ranked defense couldn't stop us and their line couldn't block us.

Don't concede!? why not, you are comparing apples to oranges, first of all AU wasn't running the now ineffective Spead in 02. AU ran straight at UA up the middle and beat them at the line and with defense while UA was running the stupid option which how many defenders does it take to defend the option? 2, 1 to cover the QB and the other to cover the pitch guy and we shut it down and lets not forget who was coaching UA that year and where he ended up at the end of the season (which he was long gone way before the season ended)

2005 Iron Bowl, yes, that game was no gimmie but you are sadly forgetting something, what was UA's biggest problem that year which highly resembles our problems? They couldn't score on offense, they played UF early in the season and raped them 31-3 at the same time losing their biggest offensive threat (Prothro) in that game, and since then, their offense went to crap.

13-10 against Ole miss

17-0 against Miss St which only 3 of those points were scored from the offense

6-3 against Tennessee

UA lost 16-13 against LSU with only 1 offense TD.

so by the Iron Bowl, AU had the No 1 offense in the Conf and they had the No 1 defense we all saw what happens when you have a good D, but unable to score on offense.

And now, 2008, our offense couldn't score in a whore house while theirs can score at will, while having a great defense at the same time,and lets not forget about the brand new category in statistics created by AU, Apologies, this is CTF's 5th straight apology in a row vs how many times has UAs OC apologized?

Defense can only do so much, but the rest is up to the offense and our OC isn't cutting it, so as much as I don't want to lose the Iron Bowl, there is just too much evidence out there that doesn't give me much hope for a 7th straight win.. I hate UA, but they are playing fundamentally sound football on both offense and defense and special teams and they are scoring points.. lots of them.

They creamed Clemson, Ark and UGA, we barely got by Miss St. and UT.

I still think our defense is the best in the country. The LSU game was a fluke. If Pybus is .03 of a second earlier that first TD pass never makes it over the line. Somehow, that play opened the flood gates, but I don't think it'll happen again. Marks is still the best DT in the country. Powers is still the best corner in the SEC. Our linebackers are looking better than ever with the emergence of Josh Bynes. The defenses are going to dictate that game, and I'd rather have our's than their's. We're going to win the Iron Bowl.

LSU game was no fluke, its only a fluke if the lose 4-5 more games and as far as the AU winning the Iron Bowl, UA's D is like +7 or 8 in Turnovers vs what is ours? We have great defense and so do they, but they have a top 3 offense in the conference and strong special teams so I think with all those elements, they will dictate the game more than we will.

Two things: 1) Go be a Bama fan. You're a loser.

2) You completely lost coherence at the end. My point was that giving up 26 points was a fluke. You say it wasn't a fluke. Meaning, you think our defense is going to give up lots of points. See if it WAS a fluke (as I say) our defense should remain solid and we should keep winning low scoring games. If it was NOT (as you say) we should start giving up lots of points... but you somehow manage to argue that losing games (most likely b/c the defense gives up points) proves that the game was in fact a fluke. Basically, you're arguing that the logical conclusion (losing games) of your assertion (the LSU game was not a fluke) proves the opposite of your assertion. Clearly, you've either lost your mind, went to Alabama, or are an idiot.

As for the rest, I'll take a great defense over a great offense any day, and I don't even think Bama's offense is great. The game's going to be just like the last two, low scoring, and I'll take our chances in that game.

BUT that's a long way off. It's time to focus on Vandy. They're good. We're good. We need to go on the road and win a hard fought game on national TV. That's all that matters right now. I just hope you stick around after the Iron Bowl so I can rub this nonsense in your face.

Two things: 1) Go be a Bama fan. You're a loser.

2) You completely lost coherence at the end. My point was that giving up 26 points was a fluke. You say it wasn't a fluke. Meaning, you think our defense is going to give up lots of points. See if it WAS a fluke (as I say) our defense should remain solid and we should keep winning low scoring games. If it was NOT (as you say) we should start giving up lots of points... but you somehow manage to argue that losing games (most likely b/c the defense gives up points) proves that the game was in fact a fluke. Basically, you're arguing that the logical conclusion (losing games) of your assertion (the LSU game was not a fluke) proves the opposite of your assertion. Clearly, you've either lost your mind, went to Alabama, or are an idiot.

As for the rest, I'll take a great defense over a great offense any day, and I don't even think Bama's offense is great. The game's going to be just like the last two, low scoring, and I'll take our chances in that game.

BUT that's a long way off. It's time to focus on Vandy. They're good. We're good. We need to go on the road and win a hard fought game on national TV. That's all that matters right now. I just hope you stick around after the Iron Bowl so I can rub this nonsense in your face.

God you are an idiot.. Just because someone has something different to say than you doesn't mean that they are a UA fan.

Im just not a sunshine pumper or a orange and blue Kool-aid drinker like yourself. I want AU to win every damn game they play and UA to lose everyone they play as well, however, if I do not think we have a team to beat someone, then Im not pumping the sunshine like you as well as others on this board and pick them to win.

And just because I am objective and can give credit where credit is due DOES NOT condone me as a "UA Fan" Thats just pure stupidity on your end for even remotely thinking that and how can you sit there and say that the 26 points LSU scored was a "fluke?"

Fluke = "an accidentally successful stroke of luck" You made a general statement "The LSU game was a fluke" so what the hell do you expect people to think when they read that? The first TD pass in the 2nd half by LSU where it look like Lee threw it up for grabs, yes, that was a fluke but the winning one was no where close. I don't recall a QB who checks his reads and get a mismatch (Etheridge a safety on a speedy WR Lafell) a fluke OR even the 100+ rushing yards charles Scott got, they simply lined up and blocked properly to allow him to have sucess on the ground against us, how is that a "fluke"

I consider that a great play on offense, getting the mismatch and taking advantage of it, and for you to sit there and say it was a fluke, so why would Gabe's pick six not considered one? sounds like you are just being biased instead of objective.

We Suck on offense, and We suck on special teams. Our D is playing extremely well but its gonna be tuff down the stretch especially when you face teams who are playing extremely well on both offense and Defense like LSU AND UA, say what you want, but UA has a damn good offense and it makes me sick to my stomach especially since they got a brand new OC.. They scored 31 in a blow out against Clemson, 35 against Ark in a blow out and 41 in a blow out against No 3 UGA and you sit there and say that their offense isn't that great? now you are definitely being biased.

Again, you say our poor defensive play was NO FLUKE. That's fine. The logical conclusion of that statement is that our defense will again give up lots of points whenever we face a good offense. Right? If LSU beating up on us in the second half was no fluke, it should happen again. Okay. So we settled that.

I say it was a fluke. I look at the other 18 quarters of evidence, and think, "Gosh, we just got off-balance after a flukey play, and I don't see that happening again." The logical conclusion from my assumption is that our defense WON'T get beat up like that again. Okay.

Holding all other things equal (offense and special teams), the result of your assumption is that we should lose games. The result of my assumption is that we should continue to play low scoring games, and likely we should win them (since that's been the result early). Okay.

Now we go to your exact statement "it's only a fluke if we lose 4-5 more games." This is the direct OPPOSITE result that you would expect if the game were in fact a fluke (my statement). You, sir, don't understand logical reasoning. In fact, the LSU game is only a fluke (as I say it is) if our defense continues to shut people down.

Now that we got that out of the way.

Bama's offense has played one great game. I'm fully willing to concede that. Hell I told BG that they should be ranked AT LEAST number 2 in the nation. The game against Arkansas? Let's review. Arkansas has played 4 games. They gave up 24 to Western Illinois, 27 to La-Monroe, 49 to Bama, and 52 to Texas. I'm not going to throw out my shoulder patting Bama on the back for that one. Bama has done exactly the same thing that everyone else has done against Arkansas. Nothing more. As for Clemson, they're awful. We ran this same craptastic offensive system last December and hung 23 on them. They just lost to Maryland. Again, I'm not going out of my way to give props on that one. You also conveniently leave out the 20 point outing against Tulane... so much for being completely objective eh?

Also, it's not like these are new players at Bama outside of Julio. Guys can get better. I was totally wrong about Charles Scott. He's gotten worlds better. But I still don't believe that Glen Coffee is the Man people make him out to be. I still don't believe Wilson is capable of maintaining his mistake free play. There's still a lot left to find out about Bama's offense.

You were probably willing to just give the national title to OSU two years ago huh? I mean no one had slowed them down, and UF was up and down at best the whole season (three blocked field goals to beat South Carolina?). I wonder why they even bothered to play that game.

I'm not saying you can't pick Bama. Lots of folks do and will. I'm saying that to concede the Iron Bowl, a game Nick $aban has never won, a game we've won 6 straight in, a game they've NEVER won in Tuscaloosa... that's patently absurd. Only a Bama fan would think that game is decided already, and most of them wouldn't even do that.

As am I, I'm very thankful and wouldn't have it any other way. But did you notice that it was Tuberville that made Franklin put Burns in. Tuberville was quoted saying they put Burns in partially to get the crowd back in the game, so I guess we DO have a little input. Plus after the debacle offense Franklin has created I need to be able to vent with the Auburn Family.

Just to clarify......Franklin made the decision to put Kodi in on his first series. Tubs decided to put Kodi in at eh end.

I can only believe if that truly was the case, CTF only put Kodi in to shut up the fans and hope that he would screw up. Then he could put his fair-haired boy back in to stay.

Again, you say our poor defensive play was NO FLUKE. That's fine. The logical conclusion of that statement is that our defense will again give up lots of points whenever we face a good offense. Right? If LSU beating up on us in the second half was no fluke, it should happen again. Okay. So we settled that.

Once again, the toss up for a TD, fluke, Zack E. getting burned on the mismatch, not a fluke, could it happen again? absolutely, do I want it to? Hell F-ing no, BUT you cannot expect a team with balance to not watch the LSU-AU game film and try to emulate LSU's sucess passing on us.

I say it was a fluke. I look at the other 18 quarters of evidence, and think, "Gosh, we just got off-balance after a flukey play, and I don't see that happening again." The logical conclusion from my assumption is that our defense WON'T get beat up like that again. Okay.

And I say only 1 TD pass was, all their other scoring drives were not, they just made great plays on offense.As far as the D not getting beat up again, I hope to God you are right, but keep in mind our Secondary is really thin, losing Savage at the beginning of the season hurts, as well as that P^$$y little momma's boy that was half-assing it in practice and got pwned for it leaves hurts the depth chart as well.

Holding all other things equal (offense and special teams), the result of your assumption is that we should lose games. The result of my assumption is that we should continue to play low scoring games, and likely we should win them (since that's been the result early). Okay.

That held true against Miss St. and UT only because both of their offenses suck just like ours, but in a game when the opponent is balanced on offense, had a damn good defense and is good on special teams vs a team who has been playing good on Defense, poor on Offense and special teams, you are more likely to lose that match up, thats all im trying to say. In a high intense big time game, it is higly imperative that everyone on the team needs to step up their game and our special teams didn't, which is why Shoemaker shanked 3 punts in that game with the last one happening at a crucial time of the game.

If we can win those match ups with low scores,then fine with me, but the offensive play just has me seriously concerned. Generallly speaking, A defense can only do so much.. The rest is up to the offense

even though AU had 2 sustained drives for TDs in the LSU game (69 yrs and 73 - I think), out of the 12 total possessions, AU only averaged 5 plays per possession and thats not good, thats murder to a defense. Got to give the D a break.

Now we go to your exact statement "it's only a fluke if we lose 4-5 more games." This is the direct OPPOSITE result that you would expect if the game were in fact a fluke (my statement). You, sir, don't understand logical reasoning. In fact, the LSU game is only a fluke (as I say it is) if our defense continues to shut people down.

We = LSU, that is what I meant to say, my apologies. The LSU game is only a fluke if LSU ends up losing 4-5 more games.

Bama's offense has played one great game. I'm fully willing to concede that. Hell I told BG that they should be ranked AT LEAST number 2 in the nation. The game against Arkansas? Let's review. Arkansas has played 4 games. They gave up 24 to Western Illinois, 27 to La-Monroe, 49 to Bama, and 52 to Texas. I'm not going to throw out my shoulder patting Bama on the back for that one. Bama has done exactly the same thing that everyone else has done against Arkansas. Nothing more. As for Clemson, they're awful. We ran this same craptastic offensive system last December and hung 23 on them. They just lost to Maryland. Again, I'm not going out of my way to give props on that one. You also conveniently leave out the 20 point outing against Tulane... so much for being completely objective eh?

Also, it's not like these are new players at Bama outside of Julio. Guys can get better. I was totally wrong about Charles Scott. He's gotten worlds better. But I still don't believe that Glen Coffee is the Man people make him out to be. I still don't believe Wilson is capable of maintaining his mistake free play. There's still a lot left to find out about Bama's offense.

You were probably willing to just give the national title to OSU two years ago huh? I mean no one had slowed them down, and UF was up and down at best the whole season (three blocked field goals to beat South Carolina?). I wonder why they even bothered to play that game.

I'm not saying you can't pick Bama. Lots of folks do and will. I'm saying that to concede the Iron Bowl, a game Nick $aban has never won, a game we've won 6 straight in, a game they've NEVER won in Tuscaloosa... that's patently absurd. Only a Bama fan would think that game is decided already, and most of them wouldn't even do that.

Arkansas, yes, they are playing really bad and giving up way too many points, but as far as Clemson, they beat them at the right place at the right time, while they were ranked 9th in the country and thats all that matters especially in the eyes of the voters, and yes, my mistake for leaving out tulane but look at how tulane played the following week? and the way UA is playing, looks like they learned from their mistakes in that Tulane game.

Glen coffee may not be "the man" in your eyes, but he is running the ball effectively in almost every game and as far as John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson's concern, he's a Senior QB with a veteran O-line thats giving him time to make good throws and good decisions. Look at how he has played in all of the big games UA has played so far. We put 23 points up on Clemson (6 was in OT starting from the 25 yard line) with a half-ass offense while they put 31 in regulation with a very, very balanced offensive attack.

UA/Wilson basically got their bad game out of the way against Tulane and they have been playing very well vs how our QB has been playing. Trust me, I would love to see Wilson toss 9 INTs in a game and just look horrible, but he's playing good ball right now and our QB isn't.. I honestly thought my Appendix was going to burst when Todd was standing back in the endzone and threw the ball into tripple coverage to Trott.

We can only muster 3 points on offense against MSU while LSU pounded them for way more points than 3, with a balanced offense.

OSU got pwned by LSU and UF, which is why I love having a conferency championship unlike the Big-10. UF and LSU were able to continue the momentum while OSU sat on their couches until it got close to the title game.

So do I want to concede the IB, hell no, but as long as UA continues to play the way they are now, and AU continues to display what you saw this past Saturday (7 offensive points), you can't help but to sometimes have that run through your head..

Keep in mind, 2005 Iron Bowl, UA Strong D, Pitiful Offense, AU No 1 offense in the Conf. Strong Defense and you saw who won that game, now 2008, the tables have turned, UA strong on offense and Defense, AU strong on defense, pitiful on offense and special teams.

Hmmmm . . .

Sorry. Tension breaker. Had to do it. :)

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT :vandy: !!!

:au:

Hmmmm . . .

Please see my other response, I corrected myself, I meant to say which he quoted me on, its only a fluke if LSU loses 4-5 more games, not we.

I will have to check this video out..

Can someone answer this question for me? Why is it that whenever there is a disagreement between posters, one of them is bound to call the other bama fan or go be a bama fan?

Hmmmm . . .

Please see my other response, I corrected myself, I meant to say which he quoted me on, its only a fluke if LSU loses 4-5 more games, not we.

I will have to check this video out..

Just a joke, inspired by the quoted post from mcgufcm. (What does that mean, anyway?) Not a critique of anyone.

Just trying to lighten the mood around here . . . :)

so can i claim that the Tulane game was just a fluke since you get to claim the LSU game as a fluke for AU? since we have beat the crap out of everybody we have played except them, i don't see why that would be out of the question. we have the #1 rushing offense and #1 scoring offense in the SEC. plus, we have the #1 rushing defense in the SEC and #3 rushing defense in the country. we have gone up against arguably 3 of the best RBs in the nation. you guys were going on and on all week about how Moreno was going to run all over our defense, and he ended up with 34 yards. i feel very confident that we can stop AU's running game, and i feel pretty good if the game gets put on Todd's shoulders.

no new players other than Julio? uhhh, ok. Terrence Cody? BJ Scott? Donta' Hightower? Mark Ingram? Marquis Maze? Luther Davis? Josh Chapman? thats just 8 guys off the top of my head that i can think of that have made an impact this season. Julio and Ingram combined have scored more TDs than your offense this entire season. not to mention some guys we only used sparingly last season that are now a big part of the team, especially on the OL. yeah, you're right. same Bama team you guys played last season, except for Julio. its not so much that Coffee is a world-beater, he's not even all that fast. the offense has gotten much better as a whole on running. the OL is alot better than last season, and the WRs are alot better blocking down field. its not like the defense has NO IDEA where we are going to run the ball. we're racking up the rushing yards we're getting because of flat out physical play. they know where we're going to run it and we run it down their throats anyways. we're averaging 215 ypg rushing.

at this point, our passing offense is available, we just haven't had to use it. JPW was 13/16 205 yds 1TD against UGA. the passing offense is 11th in the SEC, however, the efficiency is 4th in the SEC with a 62.4% completion ratio (which is the best completion ratio in the SEC). JPW has had 1 INT which was tipped up in the air by the WR. i'm pretty sure if JPW can manage an 81.3% completion ratio and a 209.5 QB rating against UGA and turn in a nearly flawless performance, i have no reason to think he is somehow just going to bomb the rest of the season.

i don't think we're just gonna walk in there and smack you guys down, but we have a pretty good chance to win based on comparisons of each team so far this season. we keep getting better and you guys keep getting worse.

We can all complain all we want but keep in mind that calling out players is not cool. Todd is not the next Brett Farve but so far Kodi Burns has not exactly set the world on fire. In one series he was stuffed three times. He does have the ability to scrmble out of trouble but if your QB has to do this more than a couple of times a game the QB is not the problem.

How many games would you internet coaches win if we fired all the coaches and let you guys call the plays and determine who plays by committee? I say zero. Ok maybe with the talent we have they would win a couple of games. If any of you are in construction or go to church you will understand why most contractors refuse to do church work because they never have one person who makes the decisions and it is one messed up system.

Lets try to give our support for Todd Burns and the entire team.

P.S. from my perspective Todd had pretty good zip on the ball early but later in the game he was floating the ball. Maybe he does have good arm strength when he is rested but if he is not 100% I can see him wearing down as the game goes on.

I think Kodi needs to be in as many plays and if Todd is struggling put Kodi in but mark my words the QB is not the only reason we misfire on Offense.

I hope you are joking. Cause otherwise you look like a fool who knows nothing about the game.

Once again, the toss up for a TD, fluke, Zack E. getting burned on the mismatch, not a fluke, could it happen again? absolutely, do I want it to? Hell F-ing no, BUT you cannot expect a team with balance to not watch the LSU-AU game film and try to emulate LSU's sucess passing on us.

And I say only 1 TD pass was, all their other scoring drives were not, they just made great plays on offense.As far as the D not getting beat up again, I hope to God you are right, but keep in mind our Secondary is really thin, losing Savage at the beginning of the season hurts, as well as that P^$$y little momma's boy that was half-assing it in practice and got pwned for it leaves hurts the depth chart as well.

That held true against Miss St. and UT only because both of their offenses suck just like ours, but in a game when the opponent is balanced on offense, had a damn good defense and is good on special teams vs a team who has been playing good on Defense, poor on Offense and special teams, you are more likely to lose that match up, thats all im trying to say. In a high intense big time game, it is higly imperative that everyone on the team needs to step up their game and our special teams didn't, which is why Shoemaker shanked 3 punts in that game with the last one happening at a crucial time of the game.

If we can win those match ups with low scores,then fine with me, but the offensive play just has me seriously concerned. Generallly speaking, A defense can only do so much.. The rest is up to the offense

even though AU had 2 sustained drives for TDs in the LSU game (69 yrs and 73 - I think), out of the 12 total possessions, AU only averaged 5 plays per possession and thats not good, thats murder to a defense. Got to give the D a break.

We = LSU, that is what I meant to say, my apologies. The LSU game is only a fluke if LSU ends up losing 4-5 more games.

Arkansas, yes, they are playing really bad and giving up way too many points, but as far as Clemson, they beat them at the right place at the right time, while they were ranked 9th in the country and thats all that matters especially in the eyes of the voters, and yes, my mistake for leaving out tulane but look at how tulane played the following week? and the way UA is playing, looks like they learned from their mistakes in that Tulane game.

Glen coffee may not be "the man" in your eyes, but he is running the ball effectively in almost every game and as far as John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson's concern, he's a Senior QB with a veteran O-line thats giving him time to make good throws and good decisions. Look at how he has played in all of the big games UA has played so far. We put 23 points up on Clemson (6 was in OT starting from the 25 yard line) with a half-ass offense while they put 31 in regulation with a very, very balanced offensive attack.

UA/Wilson basically got their bad game out of the way against Tulane and they have been playing very well vs how our QB has been playing. Trust me, I would love to see Wilson toss 9 INTs in a game and just look horrible, but he's playing good ball right now and our QB isn't.. I honestly thought my Appendix was going to burst when Todd was standing back in the endzone and threw the ball into tripple coverage to Trott.

We can only muster 3 points on offense against MSU while LSU pounded them for way more points than 3, with a balanced offense.

OSU got pwned by LSU and UF, which is why I love having a conferency championship unlike the Big-10. UF and LSU were able to continue the momentum while OSU sat on their couches until it got close to the title game.

So do I want to concede the IB, hell no, but as long as UA continues to play the way they are now, and AU continues to display what you saw this past Saturday (7 offensive points), you can't help but to sometimes have that run through your head..

Keep in mind, 2005 Iron Bowl, UA Strong D, Pitiful Offense, AU No 1 offense in the Conf. Strong Defense and you saw who won that game, now 2008, the tables have turned, UA strong on offense and Defense, AU strong on defense, pitiful on offense and special teams.

So mcgufcm,, Still think we're gonna win the Iron Bowl?!? especially after this past weekend?

I will definitely be around for you to "shove this back in my face", but right now, its not looking very favorable for your case.

Ark = just as bad as AU on offense but I think we can win.

WVU = will show us how a sread is suppose to run. Loss

Ole Miss = Loss, its Houston Nutt.. Mr. Imagination on offense.

UT-Martin = Win.

UGA = definite Loss.. Brandon Todd couldn't wear Staffords jock strap..

UA = Loss for sure, UA can play both offense, Defense and special teams.

picked to win the West, but finishes 6-5 instead.

lets not forget that there were 3 milestones to accomplish this year.

1. winner of the LSU game usually represents the West and the home team has won for the past 8-9 years. Epic Fail.

2. Vandy hasn't beaten AU since the 50s, AU has won 13 straight times. Epic Fail.

3. 7 in a row against UA, doesn't look very good at the rate we're going..

So mcgufcm,, Still think we're gonna win the Iron Bowl?!? especially after this past weekend?

I will definitely be around for you to "shove this back in my face", but right now, its not looking very favorable for your case.

UT-Martin = Win.

1. winner of the LSU game usually represents the West and the home team has won for the past 8-9 years. Epic Fail.

2. Vandy hasn't beaten AU since the 50s, AU has won 13 straight times. Epic Fail.

Waugh. Waugh. Waugh. Why don't you get a life and quit attaching you meager manhood to a team of 18-23 year olds. We all know there are problems and we all get it by now, you hate Todd. Well guess what, Todd is an AU man right now and is doing his best for AU. What are you doing? A cancer spreads. Please do everyone a favor and cut yours out now.

UT-Martin = Win.

Waugh. Waugh. Waugh. Why don't you get a life and quit attaching you meager manhood to a team of 18-23 year olds. We all know there are problems and we all get it by now, you hate Todd. Well guess what, Todd is an AU man right now and is doing his best for AU. What are you doing? A cancer spreads. Please do everyone a favor and cut yours out now.

"Waugh. Waugh. Waugh. Why don't you get a life and quit attaching you meager manhood to a team of 18-23 year olds."

Wow...I mean.. just... wow.... That sounds like a very communistic and quite hyprocritical comment right there folks....Im stunned and at a loss for words... :puke:

"Todd is an AU man right now and is doing his best for AU" LMAO!!

His best eh!?! His best couldn't even beat Vandy, Vandy, a school we were favored to beat...! LMAO!!!

Jason Cambell - Never lost to Vandy, Brandon Cox, samething and the list goes on and on all the way back to 1955!!!

"What are you doing? A cancer spreads. Please do everyone a favor and cut yours out now."

I think you should take your own advice instead.... but stop drinking the Kool-Aid first..

Archived