XM Radio

MDM4AU

I just got XM radio today. I really haven't had a chance to listen to it. I am still learning how to work it.

I just wanted to get some feedback from those who have it. What do you think? Any suggestions?

I love my XM. I like channel 47 and 48 (Ethel and Squizz). They are rock channels but some classic rock channels that are good are Deep Tracks and Top Tracks. I don't remember the numbers of those channels. Plus I love listening to ESPN Radio which is channel 140 i think. If you ever get to listen to the Dan Patrick show I recommend it. Plus if you ever make a road trip it's great to have the same channels the whole way. If you have any question just repost something or send me a PM.

Thanks, JC. I'll do that!

I am pumped. My job take me all over rural AL (Marion, Walker, Winston, Cullman and Blount counties) and then to the coast a couple of times a year, so I will get my money's worth out of it I believe.

Thanks, JC. I'll do that!

I am pumped. My job take me all over rural AL (Marion, Walker, Winston, Cullman and Blount counties) and then to the coast a couple of times a year, so I will get my money's worth out of it I believe.

let me just say that those of us from blount county do not consider ourselves rural.

well, somewhat rural ;)

ct

I don't have it but have a friend that has a sailboat business and he recently got it. He delivers sails and sailboats all over the US so he's on the road all the time. He said that he could not do without it now.

I've thought about it since my commute is about 45 minutes each way but haven't done it yet. Let me know how you like it.

Thanks, JC.  I'll do that! 

I am pumped.  My job take me all over rural AL (Marion, Walker, Winston, Cullman and Blount counties) and then to the coast a couple of times a year, so I will get my money's worth out of it I believe.

let me just say that those of us from blount county do not consider ourselves rural.

well, somewhat rural ;)

ct

OK let me say, Hayden, Walnut Grove, Locust Fork, Nectar, Snead, Remlap, Altoona. ;) Didn't mean to insult those from the urban parts of Blount County, or any county for that matter. :P Also, it's not like Hwys 79 & 75 lead through many Big Cities! :D

I travel to places like Natural Bridge, Sayre, Vinemont, Guin, (and Gu-Win for those familiar), Winfield, Bear Creek, Arley, Haleyville, Hamilton, Kansas,AL. I even have a group from Cullman with a division in Corinth, MS.

Sirius has been around longer I believe. Sirius has always been all commercial free while XM just recently went totally Comm. Free. Sirius costs about $2-3 more per month. They get about the same channels with a few different items as far as programming. They both get most of what I was looking for yet XM was cheaper/month and had a program I listen to frequently that Sirius did not.

As far as getting set up (hardware) Sirius is a little less expensive.

Thanks for the info about sirius. My spelling was way off lol.

I have to say that I have used kazaa before and a good bit but I have really slacked off. I think its wrong to steal music 2. I just listen to the songs on my computer and don't burn them to cd's. A lot of files are bad anyway. I usually just download a song to see if I like it and then I go buy the whole cd.

WARR EAGLE

I've done that with a Mac P2P program too...downloaded something, be it software or music to demo it for a couple of weeks to decide if I want to buy it. I figure, I'm technically violating the letter of the law, but not the spirit because if I don't like it, I delete the file. If I do, I go out and buy the real deal.

Otherwise, for music I download from the iTunes Music Store. At 99 cents and song, it's a very good deal and extremely easy to use. Plus, they don't put the same kind of restrictions that other stores do on their music downloads.

I've done that with a Mac P2P program too...downloaded something, be it software or music to demo it for a couple of weeks to decide if I want to buy it. I figure, I'm technically violating the letter of the law, but not the spirit because if I don't like it, I delete the file. If I do, I go out and buy the real deal.

Otherwise, for music I download from the iTunes Music Store. At 99 cents and song, it's a very good deal and extremely easy to use. Plus, they don't put the same kind of restrictions that other stores do on their music downloads.

Cool, I might have to check that out.

WARR EAGLE

OK let me say, Hayden, Walnut Grove, Locust Fork, Nectar, Snead, Remlap, Altoona. ;) Didn't mean to insult those from the urban parts of Blount County...

ok then. :P

i was in hayden just 2 weekends ago, btw!

OK let me say, Hayden, Walnut Grove, Locust Fork, Nectar, Snead, Remlap, Altoona. ;) Didn't mean to insult those from the urban parts of Blount County...

ok then. :P

i was in hayden just 2 weekends ago, btw!

I do like the people there. Real nice folks. One of my favorites is Plantation Golf Course (Rural Enterprises, Inc.). The group administrator there is great to work with.

My favorite place to go though is Winfield, AL in Marion Co. My family is from there and they all know them. Its great to talk to people that went to school with my dad and mom and other relatives.

Places like Marion Co. and Blount Co. are so much more laid back compared to B'ham. Alot more skeptical sometimes but more likely to listen and less likely to act like they "know it all."

Archived