Some guy named Rueben Randle is visting....

MDP32AU

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must not get too excited!

It is defintely a long shot but it just goes to show that these guys can recruit.

Flipping through the various sites I saw Tyrik Rollison was visiting this weekend as well. I can't find it now though. Anyone else heard?

That's some fast moving. These guys walked into their houses this week and got visits when there was previously no interest. Granted they had prior relationships with them from other schools, but still I like the progress.

Awesome news! I can't believe he was talked into visiting so late in the recruiting season. Snag him!

And yeah I just saw on Rivals (forum) where Tyrik was planning a visit. I don't have access so I couldn't read anymore of it, but that is awesome!

Flipping through the various sites I saw Tyrik Rollison was visiting this weekend as well. I can't find it now though. Anyone else heard?

That's some fast moving. These guys walked into their houses this week and got visits when there was previously no interest. Granted they had prior relationships with them from other schools, but still I like the progress.

Yes Randle is coming this weekend, and Rollison said he would take one but was not sure what weekend.

If we could get Randle, he has the potential to be a huge playmaker in CGM's offense. Trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Visits are good news. Usually, if we can get them on campus and they look around a little, the battle is all but over. I remember this statistic from the '07 recruiting season: Auburn had 35 official visitors and signed 32 of them.

Visits are good news. Usually, if we can get them on campus and they look around a little, the battle is all but over. I remember this statistic from the '07 recruiting season: Auburn had 35 official visitors and signed 32 of them.

Randell is the type of player Auburn needs. He is just not the top reciever in the nation, he is the top player. This guy would start as a freshman and make an impact early. The problem is... the kid can go wherever he pleases, he has offers from every major program in the country. It will be tough to snag him.

i'm just shocked as hell one of the bammers hasn't stuck their nose in this thread telling us we have no shot. which we might not, but at least we're trying now. unbelievable how we're actually getting out their and recruiting instead of just "developing".

Is this stat right? Seems like one heckuva closing rate if so.

From what I am hearing, a commitment from Rollison is more likely...but he is a longshot to make the grades.

Concur -- but would be quite fun to watch the bammers in total meltdown if CGC and co. were able to turn Randle.

Good to see (according to weather.com) that the weather is beautiful today. That can't hurt.

We will see. It would be a big one.

agreed. he has named LSU and Alabama pretty much leaders, but he's just one of those that it would be a miracle to pull them out of their home state. i think its commendable that AU was able to get a visit out of him, but it would be a miracle if he went anywhere other than LSU imo....

Is this stat right? Seems like one heckuva closing rate if so.

It was reported by Bill Cameron on the Sportscall radio show. Coach Eddie Gran confirmed later on an appearance. Gran stated that if we could get 'em here, we had a good chance of signing them. The campus, future teammates and general population of students and professors are a cut above what they see at other places. "Auburn sells itself".

Remember, this may not be the stat during an average year. The '07 class was ranked somewhere between #5 and #8 in the nation, depending on who was doing the rating, so we did very well that year. Still, it holds that if we can get them to come take a look, they'll like what they see.

Long shot or not - get him and Kendall Kelly both to the Plains and I'll have an early Christmas.

its being reported on the bunker forums that Reuben may not be able to make his trip. his dad may not be able to make it off of work....

Tell him to give me a call - I'll play chaperone ;)

Long shot or not - get him and Kendall Kelly both to the Plains and I'll have an early Christmas.

Kelly's recruitment has gotten to the point that he may be leaning on going out of state again. it seems to be going back and forth between Alabama or going somewhere on the west coast. should be interesting. it would be a nice grab for anybody who gets him, whether it be us, AU, or somebody else.

Archived