#11 LSU upset by Vandy 75-67....

Geauxtigahs11

Well, I'm not one of those who thinks it's good for a team's streak to come to an end before the tourney, but it has made the AU game's stakes raise.

Good luck this Saturday. Let us win so we can actually keep our good ranking. ;)

Should be fun this Saturday!

Apparently chaos is in full stride tonight...

MSU 80, Florida 71

Georgia 90, Kentucky 85 :blink:

Sorry, geauxtigahs...request for good ranking DENIED, I'm afraid. :lol: It's game on now, we've got a tournament to crash!

Vandy beating LSU was not good for us - we needed the good W and not have LSU angry coming into Auburn. I thought LSU would falter after clinching, but I was hoping that would be this weekend instead.

UF and UK losing does help Auburn in regards to maybe snatching their spot(s).

"we needed the good W and not have LSU angry coming into Auburn. "

It's good for us that they lost. Winning begets more winning. Losing begets more losing. We want them to lose Saturday so....

"I'm sure something good happens to a team when they lose, I just haven't yet figured out what that good thing is." Darryl Royal

It's good for us that they lost. Winning begets more winning. Losing begets more losing. We want them to lose Saturday so....

Yea, when our ladies went and whooped Tennessee, they just kept on winning. Oh yea, they lost to Georgia.

Our mens team was on a winning streak when they lost to LSU, came back and continued to lose. Oh wait, they won 3 in a row.

There goes that theory.

The women won their first game and then won like ten more in a row. So wouldn't that agree with the theory?

Boston Redsox won 5 in a row against the Yankees after losing four in a row.

We'll see when LSU beats us this weekend.

I never said I had a theory. You did. I debunked it. I just stated I didn't want an upset LSU team coming into Auburn. I'd rather them be overcocky and relaxing thinking "well this game doesn't matter much because we locked up the SEC Championship and a #1 seed in the SEC Tourny." Now they don't want to lose two in a row or else it really hurts their NCAA seeding.

It would have been better for LSU to have won because a win over a team with less losses would help our RPI more.

It would have been better for LSU to have won because a win over a team with less losses would help our RPI more.

Exactly! Apparently my mentioning of teams being angry took over the conversation and some failed to realize this.

It would have been better for Auburn if LSU would have won, but the bottom line is that Auburn needs to worry about Auburn and take care of business Saturday.

Ditto. Besides being a very good team in generaly, LSU is tough for us, match-up wise. Their size / length gave us problems last time. We have to find a way to minimize their advantage on the boards - particularly on the(ir) offensive end.

It would have been better for Auburn if LSU would have won, but the bottom line is that Auburn needs to worry about Auburn and take care of business Saturday.

Yep...no sense stewing about LSU's perceived state of mind coming in on Saturday. If we're good enough, we'll beat them. If not, then we won't. Besides, it's not like they're the only team that has something to play for on Saturday...we've got plenty of incentive to be ready to go.

Ok, I have just about had it with this insanity. The game is basketball, its really very simple. You deny your man a lane to the basket and overplay the passing lanes. You play as a team. When you force a miss you push the sob out of the way with your butt, grab the rebound and head downcourt like your bgf is waiting....and you stick it.

It has nothing to do with the other teams state of mind, whatever their state of mind is you change it, you make it no fun to play.

You think AL was on a streak Tuesday, you think their sold out arena was not an advantage, you think CNS did not get the crowd stirred.

You remember the movie Glory Road, well you can't wait around and hope somebody is going to give you a bye, You got to take it, and d....it CJL and those seniors were just tougher and they TOOK IT. You remember RB and FS taking it to the hole with the game on the line, no fear.

Ask CPD, if he saw the game he would tell you that AL got their manhood TAKEN away in front of their mommas and girlfriends.

Now, we want our team to win. Well, we show up with some friends, ugly obnoxious types, make lots of noise, and make those sobs not ever want come to our house to play again. If we loose, then we do like they did when my parents went to AU, you yell War Eagle, lift your head cause your proud of your school, and resolve to come back louder, leaner and meaner next game and forget about it.

You don't moan and groan about the coach and players (do I need to search the threads from January).

CJL is trying to build a program, it is our duty to help him. We need fans that know what color to wear and help that team continue its tear.

Gentlemen, the ladies are telling us it is time to put up or shut up,

Ok, I have just about had it with this insanity. The game is basketball, its really very simple. You deny your man a lane to the basket and overplay the passing lanes. You play as a team. When you force a miss you push the sob out of the way with your butt, grab the rebound and head downcourt like your bgf is waiting....and you stick it.

It has nothing to do with the other teams state of mind, whatever their state of mind is you change it, you make it no fun to play.

You think AL was on a streak Tuesday, you think their sold out arena was not an advantage, you think CNS did not get the crowd stirred.

You remember the movie Glory Road, well you can't wait around and hope somebody is going to give you a bye, You got to take it, and d....it CJL and those seniors were just tougher and they TOOK IT. You remember RB and FS taking it to the hole with the game on the line, no fear.

Ask CPD, if he saw the game he would tell you that AL got their manhood TAKEN away in front of their mommas and girlfriends.

Now, we want our team to win. Well, we show up with some friends, ugly obnoxious types, make lots of noise, and make those sobs not ever want come to our house to play again. If we loose, then we do like they did when my parents went to AU, you yell War Eagle, lift your head cause your proud of your school, and resolve to come back louder, leaner and meaner next game and forget about it.

You don't moan and groan about the coach and players (do I need to search the threads from January).

CJL is trying to build a program, it is our duty to help him. We need fans that know what color to wear and help that team continue its tear.

Gentlemen, the ladies are telling us it is time to put up or shut up,

BOOM...post of the day.

I never said I had a theory. You did. I debunked it.

You've debunked nothing, PChump. You are the only poster on this board that would attempt to dispute a general trend with one or two isolated examples and then claim that you somehow "won".

Archived