What is going on with the AU basketball fans?

TDAuburn

As a long time AU fan, I'll admit that most of my attention has been on football. But, my son & I went to the basketball game yesterday in AU vs. LSU. Since the game thread was closed, I was expecting a post-game thread about such a remarkable win... but... NOTHING. WTF? If you were at the game, you would've seen a nearly sell-out crowd going CRAZY... the team feeding off the crowd... the crowd feeding off the team. It was total domination... bliss. We took a #11 team to the woodshed, and there isn't an after game thread? I'll tell you this much... you missed a hell of a game. The Tigers were voracious on defense. The trey's and FT's weren't falling in the 1st half. But, we still had a 6 point lead going into the half. In the second half... the players, and the fans, went ballistic... and kicked butt. I guess I'm surprised that no more attention was given to their effort in such a dominant performance.

I'm not sure why the game threads are locked so soon after the game is over, but I'm sure the moderators have their reasons. I watched the men's game yesterday and most of the women's game. Needless to say they were both fantastic games to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed them and will be battling my better half for more Auburn basketball tubetime. I wish I could have been there.

We always lock the game threads to keep them from getting out of control with page after page of stuff that is discussed long after the game is over. We've always locked the game threads like this and for that reason. I guess its more of an issue during football season than basketball, but that's why its done.

As a long time AU fan, I'll admit that most of my attention has been on football. But, my son & I went to the basketball game yesterday in AU vs. LSU. Since the game thread was closed, I was expecting a post-game thread about such a remarkable win... but... NOTHING. WTF? If you were at the game, you would've seen a nearly sell-out crowd going CRAZY... the team feeding off the crowd... the crowd feeding off the team. It was total domination... bliss. We took a #11 team to the woodshed, and there isn't an after game thread? I'll tell you this much... you missed a hell of a game. The Tigers were voracious on defense. The trey's and FT's weren't falling in the 1st half. But, we still had a 6 point lead going into the half. In the second half... the players, and the fans, went ballistic... and kicked butt. I guess I'm surprised that no more attention was given to their effort in such a dominant performance.

I tried to start one so there was at least one attempt (see thread donw the board entitled "Why?"

Archived