Bammers making money at the mall

BZ770

:moon:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the double standard continues. Our players are "trash" for fulfilling their obligations to the marketing company that they signed with post college.

But when AU players from the 04 season had a big deal at the Wynfrey, and were charging for autographs (signed with the same marketing company), you guys saw it as a great opportunity to get some autographs from some great players.

Why am I not surprised? File this as example #1,342 on here where given the SAME situation for both Auburn and Alabama...the Auburn one is GREAT and the Alabama one shows how horrible Alabama is.

Well if anyone would know a double standard when they saw one it would be a :ua: turd,

I will give you that one You have that down to a science :moon:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the double standard continues. Our players are "trash" for fulfilling their obligations to the marketing company that they signed with post college.

But when AU players from the 04 season had a big deal at the Wynfrey, and were charging for autographs (signed with the same marketing company), you guys saw it as a great opportunity to get some autographs from some great players.

Why am I not surprised? File this as example #1,342 on here where given the SAME situation for both Auburn and Alabama...the Auburn one is GREAT and the Alabama one shows how horrible Alabama is.

Well, even the marketing company recognizes the difference. Have the Auburn players at the Wynfrey and the UA players at the mall. :poke:

... And, unlike some, it doesn't really bother me who chooses to support my university.

That's good for you because your 'dirt road alumni' would be downright embarrassing anywhere else in the country. I'm happy for you. B)

Don't forget your "dirt road alumni" would be embarrassing also. After all AU is known for agriculture and that goes back to farming which goes back to country living which goes back to dirt roads which goes back to REDNECKS. But don't get me wrong, I love our farmers whether they pull for UA or AU.

Would you please reference examples #0001 through 1341? Thank you. ;):poke:

Would you please reference examples #0001 through 1341? Thank you. ;):poke:

Eh, I don't have the energy. I'm sure I sufficiently whined originally upon each occurance :)

Great cause.

But back to the orignal post, with regard to the segment of humanity that shows up for such events (charity or not), it sounds a lot like the line outside the Bama Fever store here after the Iron Bowl. I swear every Cletus, Bubba, Jim Bob and Roscoe in a 25 miles radius dropped their pork rinds and waddled on over to get a scoreboard shirt. I literally stopped for a few seconds and just took it all in because it was a sight to behold.

You can see the same thing at a Tiger Pride store after an Iron Bowl win also.

No, I've been there too. Yes there's a line. No, it isn't 85% redneck. Mostly normal looking people with full sets of teeth. You guys have trounced us in marketshare among the unwashed Bubbas.

This is partly due to your "normal" people wanting a freaking scoreboard shirt. As many rednecks wear ours, 35 year old AU men with families will all be wearing one of those corny t-shirts. Score shirts amount to suckage, whether it's accompanied by an orange and blue Prada purse or a crimson Members Only jacket.

It's all good, though. At least we found the scoreboard in that game.

Well actually, the scoreboard shirts got old after a few years. But the bottom line is, regardless of whether it's scoreboard shirts, autographs, coming to shake the coach's hand or just general milling around, the redneck/snaggletooth contingent makes up a vastly larger portion of your fanbase than ours and it isn't even close.

Do you have facts to back that up or is it just your opinion? Now I know it is your opinion because there is no way you could prove that. Believe me, AU and UA have plenty of rednecks supporting their schools and neither school would be where they are at without them.

You want facts? Just walk around any construction site or other place with a lot of low wage laborers and see how many are wearing bama shirts or hats vs. Auburn stuff. Heck even the illegals are wearing bama stuff. I'm not putting these people down just saying. I sometimes get in a discussion with some of them nad teasingly ask if they know where Tuscaloosa is. Thye not only don't know half the time but don't even know that bama is in Tuscaloosa. In Huntsville many of them think bama is in Research Park (they think UAH is UAT).

Great cause.

But back to the orignal post, with regard to the segment of humanity that shows up for such events (charity or not), it sounds a lot like the line outside the Bama Fever store here after the Iron Bowl. I swear every Cletus, Bubba, Jim Bob and Roscoe in a 25 miles radius dropped their pork rinds and waddled on over to get a scoreboard shirt. I literally stopped for a few seconds and just took it all in because it was a sight to behold.

No, I've been there too. Yes there's a line. No, it isn't 85% redneck. Mostly normal looking people with full sets of teeth. You guys have trounced us in marketshare among the unwashed Bubbas.

This is partly due to your "normal" people wanting a freaking scoreboard shirt. As many rednecks wear ours, 35 year old AU men with families will all be wearing one of those corny t-shirts. Score shirts amount to suckage, whether it's accompanied by an orange and blue Prada purse or a crimson Members Only jacket.

Well actually, the scoreboard shirts got old after a few years. But the bottom line is, regardless of whether it's scoreboard shirts, autographs, coming to shake the coach's hand or just general milling around, the redneck/snaggletooth contingent makes up a vastly larger portion of your fanbase than ours and it isn't even close.

Do you have facts to back that up or is it just your opinion? Now I know it is your opinion because there is no way you could prove that. Believe me, AU and UA have plenty of rednecks supporting their schools and neither school would be where they are at without them.

You want facts? Just walk around any construction site or other place with a lot of low wage laborers and see how many are wearing bama shirts or hats vs. Auburn stuff. Heck even the illegals are wearing bama stuff. I'm not putting these people down just saying. I sometimes get in a discussion with some of them nad teasingly ask if they know where Tuscaloosa is. Thye not only don't know half the time but don't even know that bama is in Tuscaloosa. In Huntsville many of them think bama is in Research Park (they think UAH is UAT).

If low wage workers aren't good enough to be Auburn fans, we'll certainly take them. I'm pretty sure they can cheer just as hard, and love a team just as much as someone dragging down six figs.

... And, unlike some, it doesn't really bother me who chooses to support my university.

That's good for you because your 'dirt road alumni' would be downright embarrassing anywhere else in the country. I'm happy for you. B)

Don't forget your "dirt road alumni" would be embarrassing also. After all AU is known for agriculture and that goes back to farming which goes back to country living which goes back to dirt roads which goes back to REDNECKS. But don't get me wrong, I love our farmers whether they pull for UA or AU.

Don't confuse redneck and white trash. I'll admit to being a redneck. Nothing wrong with that. Just a little sunburn from hard work. Hell, we are all rednecks after those 1130 JP games. And I'll admit to Auburn being farmers. And I'd almost guarantee that the farmers I know where I live, one have a lot more money than you and two, have more education than you.

Just walk around any construction site or other place with a lot of low wage laborers and see how many are wearing bama shirts or hats vs. Auburn stuff. Heck even the illegals are wearing bama stuff.

Bama have some exchange program as they cross the border?

Welcome to the US, here is your Bama shirt?

Agriculture "goes back" to farming? Who knew? I love watching bammies & logic interact.

Actually I didn't say your players were trash. I said your fans were.

Don't confuse redneck and white trash. I'll admit to being a redneck. Nothing wrong with that. Just a little sunburn from hard work. Hell, we are all rednecks after those 1130 JP games. And I'll admit to Auburn being farmers. And I'd almost guarantee that the farmers I know where I live, one have a lot more money than you and two, have more education than you.

For years Bama fans were are bunch of rednecks and now they are white trash. When did all that change? Overnight? So the farmers you know have more education and money than me. Are you sure? I guess that doesn't matter anyway because at the end of the day we all put our pants on the same way and we come into this world with nothing and leave with nothing so that pretty much makes us all the same unless you're one of the barn and think you are god's chosen ones. One more thing, they are not JP games anymore, they are Lincoln Financial.

Agriculture "goes back" to farming? Who knew? I love watching bammies & logic interact.

Technically, you are probably right but back in the day I bet most people knew what the word "farming" was before the word "agriculture".

For years Bama fans were are bunch of rednecks and now they are white trash. When did all that change? Overnight? So the farmers you know have more education and money than me. Are you sure? I guess that doesn't matter anyway because at the end of the day we all put our pants on the same way and we come into this world with nothing and leave with nothing so that pretty much makes us all the same unless you're one of the barn and think you are god's chosen ones.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard a uater profess in one way or another about them being the "chosen one" or returning to their "rightful place", I'd have more money than everybody on this board combined...

One more thing, they are not JP games anymore, they are Lincoln Financial.

nice try, but WRONG. They aren't Lincoln Financial anymore either... They WERE Raycom, but now its part of the new ESPN package.

For years Bama fans were are bunch of rednecks and now they are white trash. When did all that change? Overnight? So the farmers you know have more education and money than me. Are you sure? I guess that doesn't matter anyway because at the end of the day we all put our pants on the same way and we come into this world with nothing and leave with nothing so that pretty much makes us all the same unless you're one of the barn and think you are god's chosen ones.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard a uater profess in one way or another about them being the "chosen one" or returning to their "rightful place", I'd have more money than everybody on this board combined...

One more thing, they are not JP games anymore, they are Lincoln Financial.

nice try, but WRONG. They aren't Lincoln Financial anymore either... They WERE Raycom, but now its part of the new ESPN package.

I stand corrected on the Lincoln Financial thing but JP was a few years ago. I thought we had all gotten past that.

Classy.

Classy.

Hey, I just didn't like my insults being misappropriated. ;)

I didn't see any signs for Charity or Third and Long Foundation. As for the fans There was a Collette wannabe. BTW you guys are the ones with team colors red and white significately for Red Necks and White Trash. If you don't know

who Collette is

Great cause.

I hope your not serious. Comparing redneck quota is kinda lame.

Great cause.

Your kidding right?

I figured Texas had that market locked up.

I hope your not serious. Comparing redneck quota is kinda lame.

I'm just laying out the facts. You've got quite the white trash contingent sporting their gear for you. And you can keep 'em.

I went by the mall this evening to get some chinese food to go and behold there was J Parker Wilson and Rashad Johnson selling their autographs for $20. I thought it was pretty funny. And one could imagine what trash came to this.

The same trash that wanted Chinese food?

Actually I was wearing my Orange Under Armour AU hat. All the Trash was White Trash and Red Necks with got 12 t-shirts, Bear Bryant Tattoos, Mullets, Blue Jean Shorts, Alabama Cell phone with Bama Cell Phone Holder with Blue tooth.

Hey hunny....Theyz sellin autografs down yonder at the mall. I hurd that Jon P Wilson wud even sine yur boobies fur 20 bucks! Hell yeah! Fire up the camaro, were a headin to tha mall!

Many were dressed up in their Dressy camouflage, usually just for special occasions, Weddings, funerals, etc.

Many were dressed up in their Dressy camouflage, usually just for special occasions, Weddings, funerals, etc.

:roflol::roflol:

Archived