LOOK AT ALL THESE REMOTES!!!!!!!!!

MDM4AU

I need help from the the technologically advanced on this board! :)

I have a home theater system, DVD/VCR player, Sony Wega TV, RCA satellite receiver. I need to get all these remotes out of my living room! One may work a couple of things, another may work a couple, but not one of them will work all of them. :angry:

Any suggestion? None of the store bought "universal" remotes will work all components.

Are there any websites you suggest? I did a Google search and found a couple of sites. I wanted to ask some of you if you knew of a place to check.

Please reply or PM me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

I love all my remotes.....It makes me feel powerful.

I don't know necessarily where to look, but they have those extremely awesome remotes now that are digital touch screens. I've seen people that have those that control everything. Also, if the components are all different manufactors, usually you have to program the accessory # into the universal remote. The # should be in the manuel. I don't know if you tried that or not.

I'd suggest the touch screen remote for the awe factor if it's possible.

Plus Best Buy is the greatest place in the world. Any electronic you would want I'd say you could get from there.

www.bestbuy.com

DirecTV is one of my clients. If you have DirecTV, call them and tell them you want to buy their $20 blue universal remote control. Mine controls my satellite receiver, the volume to my Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 Sony surround sound system, my Philips TV, and can control most DVD players ( I use the VCR mode button to control the DVD player since I do not use a VCR in my main room). Wal-Mart and Best Buy has the One 4 All remotes that work and have alot more options on them and they also are cheaper then $20.

A frend of mine bought one of those $150 touch screen remotes. It controls his DVD/VCR, surround sound, TV and satellite receiver. These are all Sony, but the remote can be programmed to work for virtually any manufacturer's components.

What big dude said or you can go to blue tooth route. In other words set everything up to work on a small wireless lan, but then your remote may look like a pda or a lap top. Solving some problems are often worse than living with them.

Archived