Teh Turd vs The Cats

TitanTiger

Auburnfan91, I'm eager to hear your response to my post.

My bad.... I see woody and you were talking about the 4th quarter now not 3rd.

Still though, throwing the ball when your up 18 pts when the game is obviously over.

When Auburn was trying to throw the ball in the 4th quarter against Ball St, it was with the backup not the starter. Caudle actually scored a TD by running not throwing.

My response was based on McElroy still being in the game throwing when the game was over.

So you're equally appalled by Todd throwing the ball up 20 against MSU with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter?

Wow BG, your trying to compare 7-8 minutes left in the game to 1:30 left in the game?.......... Plus Alabama was in the red zone.

They ran a fake FG, then went for it on 4th down but still didn't score............ :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburnfan91, I'm eager to hear your response to my post.

My bad.... I see woody and you were talking about the 4th quarter now not 3rd.

Still though, throwing the ball when your up 18 pts when the game is obviously over.

When Auburn was trying to throw the ball in the 4th quarter against Ball St, it was with the backup not the starter. Caudle actually scored a TD by running not throwing.

My response was based on McElroy still being in the game throwing when the game was over.

So you're equally appalled by Todd throwing the ball up 20 against MSU with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter?

Wow BG, your trying to compare 7-8 minutes left in the game to 1:30 left in the game?.......... Plus Alabama was in the red zone.

They ran a fake FG, then went for it on 4th down but still didn't score............ :rolleyes:

Well you said:

And then likened it to the Tebow situation (which happened in the 3rd quarter). But you don't see a problem with throwing the ball in the 4th, with 7 mins to go, up 42-24.

Double standard alert. Besides, I already explained that we weren't interested in throwing the ball at all until the lengthening of the game that UK did. We did everything we could do to not score but not give them the ball. 17 runs to 2 passes to that point in the 4th quarter shows obviously that we weren't trying to run it up.

I understand that Woody thinks 17 runs up the middle is running up the score. I expected more from you, however.

Wow, I guess taking a knee wasn't an option for Bama. They weren't trying to run the score up, just throwing the ball in the end zone trying to run some clock.

I'm not using a double standard, so Auburn's not allowed to throw the ball on 3rd down at the middle of the field up by 18 trying to keep the ball away from Miss. St that had scored on their previous possesion? There was still 7 minutes left. If Auburn is stopped on 3rd down, Miss. St gets the ball back and gets another chance to score and then try for an onside kick.

Your playing it as if 1:30 is plenty of time for Kentucky to score 3 TD's.

Alabama also took 2 timouts. So I guess they weren't trying to run clock then?

Wow, I guess taking a knee wasn't an option for Bama. They weren't trying to run the score up, just throwing the ball in the end zone trying to run some clock.

I'm not using a double standard, so Auburn's not allowed to throw the ball on 3rd down at the middle of the field up by 18 trying to keep the ball away from Miss. St that had scored on their previous possesion? There was still 7 minutes left. If Auburn is stopped on 3rd down, Miss. St gets the ball back and gets another chance to score and then try for an onside kick.

bg never let's facts get in his way brother

Did you watch the 4th quarter?

Did you watch the 4th quarter?

Yeah but obviously not the same one you did......

I thought we were talking about Alabama but BG felt the need to try and bring up Auburn and how what they did was somehow the same exact thing that Alabama did but has yet to really find a similarity other than Todd throwing with 7 minutes left on 3rd down at the middle of the field.

Well I'm not going to waste anymore posts trying to prove that Alabama was trying to run up the score when its a losing effort because your in denial and just ignore anything I post and your response is....... but Auburn...... :brickwall:

I thought we were talking about Alabama but BG felt the need to try and bring up Auburn and how what they did was somehow the same exact thing that Alabama did but has yet to really find a similarity other than Todd throwing with 7 minutes left on 3rd down at the middle of the field.

Well I'm not going to waste anymore posts trying to prove that Alabama was trying to run up the score when its a losing effort because your in denial and just ignore anything I post and your response is....... but Auburn...... :brickwall:

Nooooooo. You started talking about how our TD pass (that happened in the third quarter) was running up the score. I pointed out three instances THIS SEASON where Auburn had thrown the ball, up more, later in the game.

Before that, I said nothing about Auburn. I merely pointed out a double standard.

Again, 1:30 left and he threw the ball. Spin it anyway you want, its running up the score

I know I said 3rd quarter but you still didn't do a very good job at comparing what Auburn did throwing that 1 pass at "midfield" with 7 minutes left with Auburn trying to keep Miss. St from getting the ball back after they had just scored.

I know I said my previous post would be my last, but since I did say 3rd quarter, I feel I need to respond.

Archived