Tiger Woods Car Accident

jared52

Bruhn said Woods had facial cuts in a minor accident. Woods was treated at Health Central early this morning and released.

Woods' Web site, TigerWoods.com, said the golfer was treated and released and was in good condition.

"We appreciate very much everyone's thoughts and well wishes," the site said.

FHP said alcohol is not considered a factor in the accident, and it is unknown whether he was wearing a seat belt.

The crash is under investigation, and charges are pending.

link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-bk-tiger-woods-accident,0,1369881.story

So, you're Tiger Woods. Your at home, with your wife and family. You've had Thanksgiving dinner, you've had your left overs, and it's been a Tiger sort of day. Then, at around 2:30 in the morning, you hop in your Caddy Escalade, and proceed to hit a fire hydrant and a tree, right in front of your own home. You impact hard enough to be knocked out for 6 minutes, receiving facial cuts, but your air bag doesn't deploy? Your wife has to use a golf club to bust out the back window, and get you out of the vehicle.

:blink:

The cops say alcohol wasn't involved. REALLY? Well, that's good news, on one level, but it only raises more questions. What was going on here to explain why a guy gets into his car and then drives like a blind drunk into a fire hydrant and a tree, but who isn't drunk ? Was he angry ? Was he high on something OTHER than alcohol ? What could be so pressing that he'd speed out of his home at 2:30 am ??

Your wife swinging a golf club at you might make you speed off with reckless abandon.

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/#ixzz0YDcr1YOc

Your wife swinging a golf club at you might make you speed off with reckless abandon.

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/#ixzz0YDcr1YOc

Hope Tiger was smart enough to get a pre-nup before marrying that.

Lot of interest in the 5 minute press conference. He's getting a citation that's over $100 :o

I liked how all the media in the room let out a gasp when the lady stated that there would be a charge of $10 for a copy of the report :lol:

That's routine. Heck, the officer told me the same thing when I was in a wreck a few years ago.

Now, a couple of women have come out saying they had an affair with Woods.

I'd keep my mouth shut too and watch the media and others waste more time covering this. I'd also not speak just to see how rediculous the speculation will become.

He had a wreck and he won't talk too much about it. How dare he! He has no right to ignore us!

I mean, one woman said she had text messages and voicemails

Bring them on out if she does

I want to hear them

All of this gossip stuff is absolutely disgusting and sickening to see but hot damn, I want to read it

I mean, one woman said she had text messages and voicemails

Bring them on out if she does

I want to hear them

All of this gossip stuff is absolutely disgusting and sickening to see but hot damn, I want to read it

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/27/tiger-woods-injured-in-ca_n_372324.html

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/hear-tiger-panic-to-mistress-my-wife-may-be-calling-you-2009212

What’s the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger Woods can

drive a golf ball 300 yards.

Why did Tiger Woods hit a fire hydrant and a tree? He couldn’t decide

between an iron or a wood.

Tiger Woods wife is the only person who can beat him with a golf club!

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They

went clubbing

What club did Elin use to 'rescue' her husband? A b****ing wedge.

The Chinese are already making a movie about Tiger Woods' crash. They are

calling it, “Scratching Swede, Lying Tiger.”

Tiger just changed his nickname but still kept it in the cat family--his

new name? Cheetah

What do Tiger Woods and baby seals have in common? They're both clubbed

by Norwegians!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34288353/ns/sports-golf/

Analysis: Tiger’s troubles widen distance from blacks

By Jesse Washington

The Associated Press

Amid all the headlines generated by Tiger Woods' troubles — the puzzling car accident, the suggestions of marital turmoil and multiple mistresses — little attention has been given to the race of the women linked with the world's greatest golfer.

Except in the black community.

When three white women were said to be romantically involved with Woods in addition to his blonde, Swedish wife, blogs, airwaves and barbershops started humming, and Woods' already tenuous standing among many blacks took a beating.

On the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner radio show, Woods was the butt of jokes all week.

"Thankfully, Tiger, you didn't marry a black woman. Because if a sister caught you running around with a bunch of white hoochie-mamas," one parody suggests in song, she would have castrated him.

"The Grinch's Theme Song" didn't stop there: "The question everyone in America wants to ask you is, how many white women does one brother waaant?"

As one blogger, Robert Paul Reyes, wrote: "If Tiger Woods had cheated on his gorgeous white wife with black women, the golfing great's accident would have been barely a blip in the blogosphere."

The darts reflect blacks' resistance to interracial romance. They also are a reflection of discomfort with a man who has smashed barriers in one of America's whitest sports and assumed the mantle of the world's most famous athlete, once worn by Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan.

But Woods has declined to identify himself as black, and famously chose the term "Cablinasian" (Caucasian, black, Indian and Asian) to describe the racial mixture he inherited from his African-American father and Thai mother.

This vexed some blacks, but it hasn't stopped them from claiming Woods as one of their own. Or from disapproving of his marriage to Elin Nordegren, despite blacks' historical fight against white racist opponents of mixed marriage.

On the one hand, Ebonie Johnson Cooper doesn't care that Tiger Woods' wife and alleged mistresses are white because Woods is "quote-unquote not really black."

"But at the same time we still see him as a black man with a white woman, and it makes a difference," said Johnson Cooper, a 26-year-old African-American from New York City. "There's just this preservation thing we have among one another. We like to see each other with each other."

Black women have long felt slighted by the tendency of famous black men to pair with white women, and many have a list of current transgressors at the ready.

"We've discussed this for years among black women," said Denene Millner, author of several books on black relationships. "Why is it when they get to this level ... they tend to go directly for the nearest blonde?"

This tendency may be more prominent due to a relative lack of interracial marriages among average blacks. Although a recent Pew poll showed that 94 percent of blacks say it's all right for blacks and whites to date, a study published this year in Sociological Quarterly showed that blacks are less likely to actually date outside their race than are other groups.

"There is a call for loyalty that is stronger in some ways than in other racial communities," said the author of the study, George Yancey, a sociology professor at the University of North Texas and author of the book "Just Don't Marry One."

The color of one's companion has long been a major measure of "blackness" — which is a big reason why the biracial Barack Obama was able to fend off early questions about his black authenticity.

"Had Barack had a white wife, I would have thought twice about voting for him," Johnson Cooper said.

So do Woods' women say something about the intensely private golfer's views on race?

"I would like to say no, but I think it garners a bit of a yes," Johnson Cooper said.

Carmen Van Kerckhove, founder of the race-meets-pop-culture blog Racialicious, said there have been frequent discussions on her site about the fine line between preference and fetish.

"Is there any difference between a white guy with a thing for blondes, and a non-white guy with a thing for blondes?" asked Van Kerckhove, who has a Chinese mother, a Belgian father and a husband born in America to parents from Benin.

She claims that Asians don't fully embrace Woods, either.

"There are two layers of suspicion toward him," Van Kerkhove said. "One toward the apparent pattern in the race of his partners, and the second in the way he sees himself. ... People have been giving him the side-eye for a while."

There's nothing wrong with wanting a mate who shares your culture, as long as it's for the right reasons, the comedienne Sheryl Underwood said after unleashing a withering Woods monologue on Tom Joyner's radio show.

"Would we question when a Jewish person wants to marry other Jewish people?" she said in an interview. "It's not racist. It's not bigotry. It's cultural pride."

"The issue comes in when you choose something white because you think it's better," Underwood said. "And then you never date a black woman or a woman of color or you never sample the greatness of the international buffet of human beings. If you never do that, we got a problem."

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was an interesting article...I didn't know there was such a chasm in between him and the black community. I always heard he hung out with Barkley and Jordan all the time...

But this story just won't go away...I don't think golf has ever had a scandal this big. John Daly who??

My prediction is that Tiger will skip the masters and hit the ground running some time before the US Open. And I say before the US Open because he's got to allow time for the circus to somewhat die down before he starts in a major...that would be too much. So maybe the Memorial...I think he's had a lot of success at Muirfield Village.

But as far as his marriage goes, I'm guessing a divorce announcement will come late January. His wife has already bought a $850k house on an island back in the homeland and she's out and about without her diamond. None of that is good news for the marriage, obviously. Plus, his bottom b!tch is supposedly "visiting" in West Palm Beach, just miles from his house...you think his wife is going to put up with that??

I still don't feel sorry for him...he created this all by himself.

• 1 month later...

Why would Tiger want to go through sex rehab? I don't understand his being addicted to sex. Is this just a cop out? Or maybe a lame attempt to get his wife and kids back? What gives, he could have just about any woman he wants.

Archived