CHUD.com

I visit this website called CHUD.com daily. The owner of the site does a column about the things he thinks sucks. He is in Alpharetta Georgia and is a huge baseball fan and for some reason hates college football. In today's column he had this to say..

"18. The fact that there is never a time in the year that the sports reporting community focuses on baseball and baseball alone. It's the 7th game of the world series, but let's talk about whom might be becoming the new head coach of Auburn!"

I thought it was kind of funny. I would post the link, but there is cussing on the website.

They still play Baseball?

My brother played baseball when he was 12, I was 14 and more interested in trying to meet the girls in the stands. I haven't given baseball much thought since...

Guest AuNuma1

I don't consider baseball a sport anymore...to me, it's more like the board game "Monopoly". Whoever has the most money wins. hmm.gif

I don't consider baseball a sport anymore...to me, it's more like the board game "Monopoly". Whoever has the most money wins. hmm.gif

unless you count the last two world series which were won by teams w/ very low payrolls. especially the marlins. It takes more than just money, although it is a big factor.

Guest AuNuma1
unless you count the last two world series which were won by teams w/ very low payrolls. especially the marlins. It takes more than just money, although it is a big factor.

Well, I was mainly talking about the yanks because they were in the world series for like 10 years in a row it seemed like.

Whoever has the most money wins.

really its not that much different then college football

you think vandy has a chance next year?

who has more money auburn football or vandy football?

think about it

Guest AuNuma1

Sorry, you can't buy players in college football. If you have your priorities geared in that direction though, you can spend money on facilities, etc. but not players.

Guest AuNuma1

Yeah, it happens and that's illegal and also irrelevant to what I was saying. Buying players in MLB is legal, therefore another reason why you can't compare college football to MLB.

if you are a top recruit where are you gonna go, vandy or auburn.

if you are a top baseball player where are you gonna go, yankees or pirates

vandy has 10th best facilities, auburn has 5th best facilities, bought with money

pirates have 15th best facilites, yanks have 2nd best, bought with money

i can name examples all day long

maybe if you watched a game or 2 of the world series(an event that has been going on four 125 years) you would see the heart some players put in the game

Guest AuNuma1
maybe if you watched a game or 2 of the world series(an event that has been going on four 125 years) you would see the heart some players put in the game

eh... yawn.gif

:P

eh... yawn.gif

:P

my thoughts exactly on baseball.. boooooooring.

penguin, is Alpharetta a big city?

Yeah, that's what we hear baseball players talk about during their interviews :rolleyes: . That's the problem with the game today, there is no heart......it's all about the buck. Free agency killed the players heart. You don't have that in college football and that's what makes college football more entertaining to me. There aren't many professional sports I really give a frogs green rear end about today because most pro athletes are nothing but extremely wealthy spoiled crybabies. There aren't any true teams around anymore and there is no loyalty to the fans at the pro level.

Isnt that what people do while they are watching the grass grow?

Really, is there any importance to any game until August? Come on, 162 games in a season and then playoffs? If you havent figured out all you need to know in 162 games then you really dont need any playoffs.

I watch the League Series and World Series but that is it. I am not going to watch a game that lasts 3-4 hours that may all be decided in plays that last 20 seconds.

Watching baseball on TV is about as boring a chore as one can imagine. When I was stateside and had a Braves game on, I always had either the History Channel or A&E standing by on the "previous channel" button on my remote. Somehow, the excitement of watching a Luftwaffe divebombing always seemed to take the sting out of a bases loaded, inning ending, rally killing double play grounder by Javy Lopez.

Playing baseball or watching a game in person is a lot better though. But 162 games of mind numbingly boring regular season games is too much. Who actually pays attention to the first half of the season anyway? Cut the season in half. If they can't figure out who the better teams are in 81 games, they should scrub the sport all together.

Archived