Who can keep us updated today?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win. Fradejas did end his long hitting streak.

Wow...that was a higher scoring game than some of the football games we've played against MSU lately...heh. Hell of a good win coming from 9 down.

7HRs? :blink:

Yep: HR -Fletcher, B.(14); Morris, H.(17); Patterson, K(13); McElroy, C.(5); Gamache,

D. 2(5); Jenkins, R.(5

In the 6 run 5th inning, the tigers had 3 consecutive home runs and FOUR in the inning. Fletcher homered with Mummey aboard, then Morris, then Patterson, then McElroy reached on a throwing error, then Gamache homered.

MSU hit 4 themselves.

7HRs? :blink:

Yep: HR -Fletcher, B.(14); Morris, H.(17); Patterson, K(13); McElroy, C.(5); Gamache,

D. 2(5); Jenkins, R.(5

In the 6 run 5th inning, the tigers had 3 consecutive home runs and FOUR in the inning. Fletcher homered with Mummey aboard, then Morris, then Patterson, then McElroy reached on a throwing error, then Gamache homered.

MSU hit 4 themselves.

Another note on the home runs. The 7 today gives us 90 on the season. That is 12 short of the team record we set last year. We have 9 games left, and the way we hit the ball, It won't surprise me at all if we break that record.

We remain alone in 3rd place in the West. Ole Miss beat Arky 3-2 tonight to move back into a tie for 1st.

Arky and UM are 15-8, Auburn is 14-9, LSU (lost to UK) fell to 12-11. UT moved into the 8th spot for the tourney yesterday with UAT losing and the Vols beating UGA. They extended their lead on UAT for the final spot by bludgeoning UGA 25-5 today and UAT losing 14-8.

So in other words, if we win tomorrow, we'll be tied for second no matter what since either Arky or Ole Miss will lose. And if the team we're tied with is Arky, we'll have the tiebreaker over them.

So in other words, if we win tomorrow, we'll be tied for second no matter what since either Arky or Ole Miss will lose. And if the team we're tied with is Arky, we'll have the tiebreaker over them.

Also, a win today would put us in a tie for the 4th seed in Hoover. If the tourney started today, the seeds would look like this:

1. South Carolina (better overall Record than UF)
  2. Arknsas (Better overall record than Ole Miss)
  3. Florida
  4. Ole Miss
  5. Auburn
  6. LSU
  7. Vandy
  8. UT

**Edited to correct the #2 Seed.

We finish with UT at home next weekend and Ole Miss in Oxford the following weekend. It will be interesting to watch Carolina, UF and Arky over the next couple of weeks. UF finishes with UGA and @ Carolina. Carolina finishes with @ Arky then UF. Arky finishes with Carolina and @ Vandy.

My prediction is that Florida wins the East, Ole Miss wins the West. Auburn will finish 2nd in the West.

Also, a win today would put us in a tie for the 4th seed in Hoover. If the tourney started today, the seeds would look like this:

2. Forida
  3. Arknsas (Better overall record than Ole Miss)
  4. Ole Miss
  5. Auburn
  6. LSU
  7. Vandy
  8. UT

We finish with UT at home next weekend and Ole Miss in Oxford the following weekend. It will be interesting to watch Carolina, UF and Arky over the next couple of weeks. UF finishes with UGA and @ Carolina. Carolina finishes with @ Arky then UF. Arky finishes with Carolina and @ Vandy.

My prediction is that Florida wins the East, Ole Miss wins the West. Auburn will finish 2nd in the West.

The winner of the west would have the 2 seed, so it would be Arkansas as of right now before the games today.

2. Forida
  3. Arknsas (Better overall record than Ole Miss)
  4. Ole Miss
  5. Auburn
  6. LSU
  7. Vandy
  8. UT

The winner of the west would have the 2 seed, so it would be Arkansas as of right now before the games today.

I didn't realize that. Maybe I just forgot. It's been so long since I have really paid much attention to the seedings this late in the season.

Love this quote from Gamache:

“I went up there trying to get a pitch up in the zone I could drive,” Gamache said. “Everybody else was doing it, why not me.”

Archived