Teacher's unions baffled as to why more parents are homeschooling

Shouldn't the student that gave the girl the candy be suspended also. I mean that student supplied her with a dangerous substance that could have immediately caused her to blimp out to 400 - 500 lbs. I think a lawsuit against the other student is in order. This could have been catastrophic.

My wife is quitting her teaching job to home school our son this fall. We made the choice due to a learning disability and he'd be starting 6th grade this fall and we think the one on one attention could benefit him. I also work a 12 HR swing shift from days to nights every week and this would allow us to do more things as a family when I'm off during the week and not having to worry about his school schedule. Only negatives is his loss of interaction with schoolmates. We go to church and hopefully the youth group can fill this void. It'll save me money by not spending it on private school tuition, that is how we justified our decision.

My wife is quitting her teaching job to home school our son this fall. We made the choice due to a learning disability and he'd be starting 6th grade this fall and we think the one on one attention could benefit him. I also work a 12 HR swing shift from days to nights every week and this would allow us to do more things as a family when I'm off during the week and not having to worry about his school schedule. Only negatives is his loss of interaction with schoolmates. We go to church and hopefully the youth group can fill this void. It'll save me money by not spending it on private school tuition, that is how we justified our decision.

You should also see if there are any homeschool groups in your area. They'll often have group events like field trips and other opportunities to interact socially with other kids. Some public school districts even allow homeschooled kids to participate in sports for the school they are zoned for. In fact, that's how Tim Tebow played football. He didn't attend Nease High School, he was homeschooled, but was still allowed to play football for Nease since he lived in that school district and his parents paid taxes that went to the schools.

Titan thanks for the ideas I'll check into that. He can still play Park Baseball and Our church does the Upward Basketball.

You should also see if there are any homeschool groups in your area. They'll often have group events like field trips and other opportunities to interact socially with other kids. Some public school districts even allow homeschooled kids to participate in sports for the school they are zoned for. In fact, that's how Tim Tebow played football. He didn't attend Nease High School, he was homeschooled, but was still allowed to play football for Nease since he lived in that school district and his parents paid taxes that went to the schools.

There are weird rules about this. Home schoolers in GA can play until they hit 9th grade, then they cannot play any longer. Strange rules surround this. The best bet is to find a good christian school where your wife can teach and your son gets to go free (or discount). The pay is bad, but the environment is usually worth it. And if you find one with sports, then he at least gets to play on a school team.

Archived