Free enterprise vs. government control

Tigermike

I think there is a lot of truth to the article. I, for one, am for free enterprise, and I think that most Americans are too. The current administration certainly wants the government to have more control. I hope the people can encourage the government to mind their own business and not ours.

I don't see that the Obama administration has shown any indication of wanting to take over all private industry. I do think that they want to institute some checks and balances in the form of regulation. Not sure I disagree with that.

The question is, can they implement regulations without completely taking over? It's a fine line...

I don't see that the Obama administration has shown any indication of wanting to take over all private industry. I do think that they want to institute some checks and balances in the form of regulation. Not sure I disagree with that.

The question is, can they implement regulations without completely taking over? It's a fine line...

Some government officials have no private sector experience, and are obviously inept at writing and enforcing regulations.

Other government officials have deep private sector experience, and are obviously corrupt at writing and enforcing regulations.

Take your pick.

What do you think the healthcare legislation does?

While not technically "taking over", the government now decides who must be sold insurance and how much the insurance company can charge certain groups, how much profit insurance companies can make, and forces every individual to buy insurance.

That is taking over the industry, except the government doesn't actually head the insurance company so they can escape the blame when the forced decisions the insurance companies make cause the system to get even worse.

What do you think the healthcare legislation does?

While not technically "taking over", the government now decides who must be sold insurance and how much the insurance company can charge certain groups, how much profit insurance companies can make, and forces every individual to buy insurance.

That is taking over the industry, except the government doesn't actually head the insurance company so they can escape the blame when the forced decisions the insurance companies make cause the system to get even worse.

And the several dims have said (admitted) that the healthcare bill was just the opening for single payer to follow at a later time.

Archived