We tried, but money won out and the Grille Closed

I guess most of you know that the Grille Closed on Wed. March 31. They lost a valiant fight and Nim Lipscomb would not talk to Kathy Butts or negotiate with her at all. Seems his nose was out of joint because we put up such fuss and got the news involved and petitions going. He was stubborn and does not care about auburn Traditions or anything, only money. I took the online petition to Kathy as well as the other petition we had a the restuarant. There were over 5,000 signatures asking Nimrod Lipscomb to renegotiate with Kathy but he refused. I think this stinks, but would like to thank all of you for your help and support. Kathy was very appreciative of our efforts but there was little she could do when the guy would not talk to her at all. This truly proves we are an Auburn Family and we tried. But like Sani-Flush, it was not meant to be. I guess we will get another chain store Deli in there with no traditions! What is next, Toomers?

Thanks again to everyone! War Eagle and maybe the Grille will resurrect in another location, but it won't be the same. :angry:

I am saddened about the loss. I really hoped a White Knight would come in and save it.

Lipscomb owns the place and it is his to do with as he pleases. I just wish I was in a position to have purchased the building, believe me, I am not!

I would like to offer to by some of the stuff from Kathy if she would like to sell any of it. I would love a booth!

Mr. Lipscomb, please.....not a nother fern bar/chainstore in Auburn...PLEASE!

There are rumblings in town that Toomers can't afford the high rent and the slow business they are having. They could very well be next. I would hate that even more. I feel so sorry for Kathy, in December she just took out a loan to purchase the equipment and stuff at the Grille. I am sick of money hungry people who have no sense of pride for Auburn and its traditions!

Archived