McNeil hit on Hanks

rebdawg

Sports Nation had McNeil's hit on Hanks as one of his two biggest hits in football last week. It was just edged out by a hit from the Vikings/Redskins game. It was funny because Cowheard said I don't think this was that great of a hit (talking about McNeil/Hanks). Then someone from the production crew yelled out, "Watch his neck!" They replayed it again and after watching Hanks' neck stretch out 6 or 7 inches then snap back in slow motion Colin said, "Wow."

Anyone happen to have a video of it?

It's in the video thread I believe.

Yep...towards the bottom of the first page. :thumbsup:

Whoa. That makes me hurt just watching it again. I jumped for joy pumping my fist when he made that hit, but I didn't really see how the dude's neck turned into silly string for a split second. Brutal. :o

Whoa. That makes me hurt just watching it again. I jumped for joy pumping my fist when he made that hit, but I didn't really see how the dude's neck turned into silly string for a split second. Brutal. :o

That turtle needs a shell. I can't believe he wasn't injured.

Hanks was injured enough later that he didn't play in the 4th.

Yeah he was out with bruised ribs.

Julio was out with a bruised knee.

McElroy was out with a bruised brain.

Suck a dirty team, this team plays physical CGC has said it all year and IMHO this is why we do well in the 4th qtr because we wear teams down.

Great hit and a great job of Hanks actually getting up off the ground...I suspect this is where the bruised ribs came from...this is the kind of stuff you have to love about Auburn v Bama games....

I have been amazed at how physical this AU team is...I mean how many games have we seen opposing team players on the bench b/c of a big hits, even their defensive players have left the games.. AUSOME!!

If Garcia is coming into the SECCG with a banged up shoulder, uh oh, for him!!!

Archived