So what do you guys think about...

TigerGlide

Ted Roof now?

I've been a Ted Roof apologist all year. I have maintained that the reason the defense has struggled early is because the other team has thrown everything including the kitchen sink at them in order to try and get points on the board. Most of the time it included alot of stuff that wasn't on game film because they knew they HAD to score. Once Roof and his staff got a look at what the other team was doing, they took it away.

Thoughts?

I think most of us, self included, judged Roof unfairly. The talent simply isn't there to have a shut down defense - especially like the ones we've enjoyed the past 10 years. But he seems to have gotten every molecule of effort out of them and that's the sign of a pretty good coach I think. I was very impressed with how the younger players did when they got in the game.

The D has allowed a lot of passing yards simply because our competition couldn't run. They really stepped up tonight. My Auburn hat is off to them. Thanks Defense... Thanks Offense... Thanks coaches... and JJ too!

War Eagle!! Now lets go BEAT the Ducks to complete this thing!!!

Roof has gotten some depth on D this year, and this has helped to better conditioning. Remember last year when the offense was done so quick the defense didn't have time to rest, and was dragging ass by the 4th? Same situation this year, but the players are more conditioned therefore it doesn't take the toll on them it did last year. Our D is much more able to finish a game this year than last, and say what you want about the secondary holes, Auburn's defense is there the ENTIRE game! :thumbsup:

This is such a hard thing to say.

I hate the initial gameplan of Roof. I don't know if its the players we have now or not, but I just know that normally, our first half defense is really bad.

Roof makes great halftime adjustments, that is a fact.

I dunno.. I mean, obviously we don't have a ton of talent in the secondary. We have some great freshman and some great players coming in, so maybe that will help.

I don't know that it is as much Roof as maybe Thigpen??

I think WE CAN ALL AGREE... that many times this season, Roof has had the right play called, but we miss a tackle or can't turn around to cover a pass (or should be INT).

I believe he will be here next year.. 3 straight years with the same DC, can't be bad can it?

I think the fact that #15 did not spend a lot of time on the field, greatly contributed to the defense's success tonight.

I think that #11 (is it Chris Davis?) and #12 Demetruce McNeal along with T'Sharvin Bell will be better at DB than what we have now. I think we will have faster LB's next year, they will just need to learn to understand how offenses work. We will likely lose Fairley, but I think that we will be okay on D.

I think most of us, self included, judged Roof unfairly. The talent simply isn't there to have a shut down defense - especially like the ones we've enjoyed the past 10 years. But he seems to have gotten every molecule of effort out of them and that's the sign of a pretty good coach I think. I was very impressed with how the younger players did when they got in the game.

+1

You're only as good as your last game. IF the D doesn't do so hot in Glendale then he will be under scrutiny again.

I've never had anything to say towards his coaching because I know I wouldn't do any better.

I believe he will be here next year.. 3 straight years with the same DC, can't be bad can it?

Every time he can made a right adjustment after the break, which says a lot about the quality of our coaching staff. I am sure our defense will be even better next yr when our top 5 recruits are ready to play. I wish him stay here as long as CGC is here.

Archived