Bowl Games

lazya516

Other than your team, what bowl games intrigue you this bowl season? A few of the must see bowls for me are... The Sugar, Orange and Gator

Other than your team, what bowl games intrigue you this bowl season? A few of the must see bowls for me are... The Sugar, Orange and Gator

Sugar looks to be a great game. Arkansas/Ohio State figures to be entertaining football but I think Arkansas slowly but surely pulls away from them to lock up a comfortable (but not big win.) Stanford is going to flat out embarass Virginia Tech in the Orange. I actually think the Rose Bowl will be a great game, TCU may be the obvious under dog but it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled out the upset. I also think that the Insight Bowl (Iowa/Missouri) is going to be some pretty decent football, two different styles colliding. MSU/Alabama is getting a lot of attention and it's going to be a great soapbox for MSU to make their "BCS worthy" argument, but I actually think Alabama is going to beat them comfortably... it intrigues me none the less though cause I want to see if MSU comes out playing fired up because of both the axe they have to grind and the nature of their big-name opponent.

There's quite a few interesting matchups out there. The ones I'm most looking forward to are probably Michigan State vs. Alabama in the CapitalOne, Texas A&M vs. LSU in the Cotton, and Arkansas vs. Ohio State in the Sugar. I think the SEC goes 2-1 in those games, but I think the matchups are going to be pretty entertaining.

The Orange, Champs Sports, Chick-fil-a, and Gator all look interesting as well. I'll probably watch almost all the bowl games anyway, certainly all the BCS bowls and any that have SEC teams involved.

im interested to see how Mississippi State plays.....also, i think think the Arkansas vs. Ohio State could be a good one.

Im actually a little interested in the Utah vs. Boise State game, i know its not a huge game....but I would love to see the Ute's hand BSU another loss.

im interested to see how Mississippi State plays.....also, i think think the Arkansas vs. Ohio State could be a good one.

Im actually a little interested in the Utah vs. Boise State game, i know its not a huge game....but I would love to see the Ute's hand BSU another loss.

BSU will beat Utah by at least 3 TDs.

I think it will be interesting to see the Mississippi State game, also. I predict that Denard will not make it thru the 1st half before getting injured. MSU did pretty well against us, and I think they will lay the lumber on Denard. MSU will have NO PROBLEMS scoring on Meeechigan.

I can't wait to see a lot of these games. All the SEC games look like pretty good matchups. I was kinda surprised that Nebraska or Okie St didn't get the Cotton Bowl bid. I'll be watching a lot of bowl games.

Good games this year.

My favorite non-Auburn games are:

(1) Arkansas/Ohio State - I think Arkansas is going to sprint up and down the field on them. No joke. But I'm interested to see if that's right. This is one of the games that define the SEC as a conference this year.

(2) Stanford/VaTech - I like watching good players, and this game will have a lot of them. The game is interesting to me because it's one of two chances to see the Pac 10 perform prior to the national title. Washington is going to get embarrassed. That's all but a guarantee. Arizona seems a little overmatched, but that could be a game. This? This may provide some answers. Did Tech just drop a game against a good team and fail to get over it or does the ACC just really suck? Is Stanford a beast or are they Michigan in 2006 (highly overrated despite dropping only one game)? This game is very interesting to me.

(3) South Carolina/FSU - Spurrier versus the Noles?? That's just good fun. Also, I want to see if South Carolina can regain some momentum heading into the off-season. They bring back more than any team in the SEC (3 of 5 OL; 7 defensive starters; every relevant playmaker on offense). If they get a win here, that just adds to the positive vibes around that program. Plus, it should be a good game. I think the teams are fairly even at the moment.

(4) Bama/Michigan State - I never cheer for Bama, and this won't be an exception. On the plus side, if they win, that makes the Big 10 look silly. Almost as silly as calling yourself the Big 10 with eleven members.

(5) Mississippi State/Michigan - Not because of the game. It's just going to be interesting to see how rumors affect both teams. Mullen's name is going to keep popping up for every decent job opening. Rodriguez is going to have his job security questioned all the way through bowl season. I think MSU is a much better team (since they bother to tackle people from time to time), but the trappings of the game are going to make this one interesting.

I think it will be interesting to see the Mississippi State game, also. I predict that Denard will not make it thru the 1st half before getting injured. MSU did pretty well against us, and I think they will lay the lumber on Denard. MSU will have NO PROBLEMS scoring on Meeechigan.

I can't wait to see a lot of these games. All the SEC games look like pretty good matchups. I was kinda surprised that Nebraska or Okie St didn't get the Cotton Bowl bid. I'll be watching a lot of bowl games.

More than likely, I would imagne Boise lays the wood to Utah. But maybe not. I too like the SEC in most of their games.....hopefully the SEC can win em all.

More than likely, I would imagne Boise lays the wood to Utah. But maybe not. I too like the SEC in most of their games.....hopefully the SEC can win em all.

If/when Boise does beat Utah, that will make it even funnier for SPUAT to have lost to Utah.

If/when Boise does beat Utah, that will make it even funnier for SPUAT to have lost to Utah.

OH, Boise will beat them, if Notre Dame beat them, I'm sure BSU will do about what TCU did to Utah. That will be funny for the uaters.

Really? that was two years ago. Both teams are much different.

Really? that was two years ago. Both teams are much different.

Gotta agree with ECE here. That 2008 Utah team was, in my mind, the strongest of the BCS buster teams ever. They just had the IT factor, and haven't been the same since then, I.E. vs. Notre Dame this year.

Archived