2011 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament, AU vs. UGA

Auburnfan91

This one looked a lot like some others we played, but the 10 to 12 minute spells where we play great was missing. There is a lot to look forward to in the men's program.

I definitely think we are on the right track with the men's program. We knew this would be a difficult year to get through. Everybody associated with the program knew it would be a difficult year. My only concern is the number of times they all practiced together and the number of games they played over the course of the season and still commit a massive amount of turnovers. Horrible pass attempts that anybody watching would know wouldn't work. I just expected a little bit more consistency where that is concerned as the season progressed. I saw some flashes of it improving, but it was still a problem up to yesterdays final game of the season. Way too many unforced turnovers to expect to be able to compete at that level.

Regardless, I'm excited for the future. I can't wait to see the players on the floor that transferred into the program this season and have been practicing with the team. We could be the most improved team in the SEC next year. Oh, and why is it that none of our players can shoot free throws? This has been a problem in the program for the last 15-20 years.

Archived