Cassanova McKinzy chooses AU

RunInRed

I'm definitely in favor of bigger linebackers. Measurable speed is far from the most important factor. Speedy guys can cover more ground, but sometimes they overrun tackles or cutback lanes. Bigger guys can take on and shed blocks easier, but can be beat to the edge.

Bigger or quicker is just a philosophy; it still takes 11 players on the same page to be in the right position at the right time.

BTW, I think McKinzy is stretchin' it a bit. His playing weight this fall will probably be more like 230-235#.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I think McKinzy is stretchin' it a bit. His playing weight this fall will probably be more like 230-235#.

Well then, that throws us back into the range of normal and back to where I'd like to see a kid that weighed 224 when he finished high school ball. 255 would be over the top and way past the point of anything but useless fat.

You guys bring up good points. I saw "255 MLB" and thought "Great". But when you say "high school kid who weighed 20lbs less than that just a couple months ago", it does seem like a stretch. And I agree that 255 is probably inaccurate, unless his previous reported weight was.

I'm thinking in the hands if Van Gorder and Yox he'll be fine.

I think so too. I also think in their hands he'll weigh in at 235 tops, nowhere near 255.

I'm very much looking forward to getting larger at LB.

I said that our LB have been too small for a long time now. I keep getting the "we run a 4-3 and need quick LB" reply. id rather have big a quick than small and slow which seems like what weve had.

fwiw, Cameron Toney just tweeted that he's up to 234.5 lbs

Is he trying out for Offensive Tackle this year? :)

Archived