LSU vs Auburn Question

LSUfaninMiss

I have a question and I am hoping you can help me.

I am going to be at Talladega when LSU and Auburn play each other this year. I always like to have my ducks in a row so here is my question.

What channel is the game usually televised on. We are trying not to have to bring our satalite if it is on another channel. LSU's website is not posting what channel it is on yet. If it is on ESPN we will hafta to bring the satalite. I am wondering if a local channel might broadcast it.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Game selection likely won't happen until the week of (6-day option). With the game being in Baton Rouge, I'd be willing to bet it's a night game, which means 6:45CT, ESPN.

Game selection likely won't happen until the week of (6-day option). With the game being in Baton Rouge, I'd be willing to bet it's a night game, which means 6:45CT, ESPN.

Thanks, I figured it would be on ESPN, we have been there before when they played a day game, and it was on a local channel.

It seems the games at AU are day time, CBS and the ones in Baton Rouge are always at night, ESPN. How do you guys always pull that off?! ;)

The last few Auburn visits to Baton Rouge have been at night. So probably around 6:45 ESPN. In 2007 the game down there started at 8:15 central time. That was a really late finish.

It seems the games at AU are day time, CBS and the ones in Baton Rouge are always at night, ESPN. How do you guys always pull that off?! ;)

We always play at night in Death Valley, unless it is homecoming, LOL. And it never rains in Tiger Stadium either. LOL

that's not true. You may WANT to play every home game at night, but reality is different. Games are always being shuffled around for television. Besides, anybody that follows college football should know that very few if any game times are actually set in April, particularly SEC games, unless of course its scheduled for a thursday night.

that's not true. You may WANT to play every home game at night, but reality is different. Games are always being shuffled around for television. Besides, anybody that follows college football should know that very few if any game times are actually set in April, particularly SEC games, unless of course its scheduled for a thursday night.

It was a joke, I put LOL after. And I put LOL after the rain thing too. And I do follow college football, like I said I was just trying to have stuff planned for the game. Didn't mean to make you mad or anything.

It was a joke, I put LOL after. And I put LOL after the rain thing too. And I do follow college football, like I said I was just trying to have stuff planned for the game. Didn't mean to make you mad or anything.

Don't be offended. WarTiger is a good guy but he just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes. :big:

Don't be offended. WarTiger is a good guy but he just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes. ;)

Thanks, that does make me feel better. I have NEVER came to this board and been nothing but respectful. It just makes me feel bad if someone thinks I am here to do that. ;)

Thanks, that does make me feel better. I have NEVER came to this board and been nothing but respectful. It just makes me feel bad if someone thinks I am here to do that. ;)

Don't lose any sleep over it. I belong to LSUTigerForums and I get butt kicked by some there while most are good sports.

Don't lose any sleep over it. I belong to LSUTigerForums and I get butt kicked by some there while most are good sports.

Yeah, I know, and that is one reason why I don't even go to that site a whole lot any more. There are some real butt holes. There is another LSU site that a former member at the LSU site started. It is www.tigalaya.com, if you have not visited you are welcome to go there. It is free to join.

Yeah, I know, and that is one reason why I don't even go to that site a whole lot any more. There are some real butt holes. There is another LSU site that a former member at the LSU site started. It is www.tigalaya.com, if you have not visited you are welcome to go there. It is free to join.

Thanks. I'll drop in. Hope you keep posting here, especially if you are a bammer hater :big:

Thanks. I'll drop in. Hope you keep posting here, especially if you are a bammer hater :big:

I will keep posting here, I happen to like Auburn, in fact I will pull for all the SEC teams, except Ole Miss. I hate Ole Miss worse than any team ever. And I live in Mississippi too. :lol: Bama is running close behind Ole Miss though. I am beginning to hate them all most as much. And my son lives in Bessemer and my daughter in law works in Tuscaloosa too. They say it is fun to live there when LSU and Bama are playing. They fly their LSU flags proudly.

I think WT's frustration stems not from you, but the fact that Auburn typically has to play LSU at night when traveling to Baton Rouge while LSU gets to play Auburn in the afternoon when playing in Auburn. I share that frustration myself. There's no doubt that night games typically make for a more hostile environment than day games in the SEC (unless you are in Nashville) and LSU seems to get that benefit every year either home or away. But then again, the games still have to be played and there's no sense crying about it! :big:

I think WT's frustration stems not from you, but the fact that Auburn typically has to play LSU at night when traveling to Baton Rouge while LSU gets to play Auburn in the afternoon when playing in Auburn. I share that frustration myself. There's no doubt that night games typically make for a more hostile environment than day games in the SEC (unless you are in Nashville) and LSU seems to get that benefit every year either home or away. But then again, the games still have to be played and there's no sense crying about it! :big:

I can't speak for LSU but I bet they would prefer to play at night all the time.

I can't speak for LSU but I bet they would prefer to play at night all the time.

I can't speak for all LSU fans, but I love night games. And that is watching anyone, I just love to watch college football at night. Not a big fan of professional sports of any kind. But I do love college sports.

Archived