ESPN game scheduled before the season

AU alum

Have they ever scheduled Auburn for the 1st game of the season to replace the Auburn-UCLA game? I'm still mad about that.

Are you mad at UCLA for refusing to make it a regular home and home series or are you mad at Auburn for refusing to play in Atlanta one year and at UCLA the next?

I think we're playing Clemson a one game series in Atlanta 2013 opening game, but that could be wrong. Whether ESPN has anything to do with that or not I couldn't say.

PS: We won a National Championship last year. If we had opened with UCLA and lost, that wouldn't have happened. Looking in the rear view mirror, it's a great thing that we told ESPN & UCLA to stuff it.

:au: I am with Mikey on this ESPN & UCLA can stuff it. Enough Said!!!!!!!!

Are you mad at UCLA for refusing to make it a regular home and home series or are you mad at Auburn for refusing to play in Atlanta one year and at UCLA the next?

I think we're playing Clemson a one game series in Atlanta 2013 opening game, but that could be wrong. Whether ESPN has anything to do with that or not I couldn't say.

PS: We won a National Championship last year. If we had opened with UCLA and lost, that wouldn't have happened. Looking in the rear view mirror, it's a great thing that we told ESPN & UCLA to stuff it.

No, I'm not mad at Auburn or UCLA. I'm still ticked at JJ. About this, he was a wuss. We wouldn't have lost to UCLA. No way. USC, maybe. Well probably not the past couple of years. And no, I don't think it was a good idea. To each his own.

No. The schedule was already set for 2010 and no reason to change it. On the Clemson game, I think you are a little off. We play at Clemson this coming season, but the season opener in Atlanta is for 2012, I'm pretty sure. So we will play them 3 consecutive years.

I don't know the details of the UCLA negotiation except that ESPN wanted us to open the season with them in Atlanta on a neutral field. Auburn didn't say no, they said not this year. Not in 2010. Our schedule was set already and the administration said we will be happy to do it in a future season. But, we didn't come out and flat out say no like so many here seem to believe. I don't recall anything about a 2 game series being mentioned or discussed at all.

It's funny most on this thread are happy AU turned down the offer because AU would have played in ATL and given up a home game. That's makes perfect sense, yet call it a bowl game and nothing is said. Outside of a true national title game or conference championship game I fail to understand why all games are not played on campus it's the most jacked up economic system one could imagine.

I didn't see the Nuggets-Oklahoma City NBA playoff game bing played in Kansas City tonight.

Archived