Auburn vs. Ole Miss

Auburn down 3-2, with 2 outs in the top of the 7th. Auburn has 3 errors on the night.

check that--Auburn has 4 errors now. :blink:

Kevin Patterson just hit a solo homer to right field. He CRUSHED it. 5-3 Auburn bottom of the 8th.

Game is on ESPNU btw. Little late, I know, but I forgot to come here when the game came on.

Ole Miss coach just got tossed....for what I have no idea. Apparently arguing balls and strikes. That's an absolute NO NO.

Hargett triples to right field after right fielder fails to make a diving catch. Andrews comes up with Hargett on 3rd and rips one up the middle that hits the pitcher. Pitcher goes to field it and the throw to first is low and into shallow right field. Hargett scores... 6-3 Auburn. 2 out.

ole miss gets the first 2 on in the 9th. They are now at 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs. still 6-3 Auburn.

STRIKE OUT... TIGERS WIN 6-3. WAR EAGLE!!!!

I think this puts us half a game out of first place in the West! Hopefully we can sweep this series and make up some of the ground lost against Miss State. We have a very tough test coming next week so we need to win as much as possible this weekend!

The "official" unofficial distance of Kevin Patterson's home run is 516 feet. That's according to K Corner.

@auburnbeat

516 feet? That's Mickey Mantle / Bo Jackson distance!

Nice win and the weather last night was about as perfect as it gets....for a night game. :)

WDE! Let's get the series victory out of the way tonight!

Ole Miss coach just got tossed....for what I have no idea. Apparently arguing balls and strikes. That's an absolute NO NO.

I was watching the game last night. The UM dougout had been chirping all night. The Ump really did give him a long leash and he took it all. Like the guys calling the game said, he may have been looking to get run at that point. He was jawing going out to the mound and was jawing going back to the dugout.

Archived