2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Its been reported that Saban threatened to pull his scholly if he went to UGA this weekend, that is why he is MIA there. Their numbers are extremely tight and if they get one or two that they are on the fence for, you could see Liner without a home or a greyshirt offer. JMO.

Personally, I hope Saban pulls a Philon on him. Harsh, but that's how I feel.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go back and look at the recruiting services ratings you'll see that Liner's position slipped after the all star games - not a good thing because it indicates performance versus true peer group. Just to show I'm fair - Earnest Robinson's position slipped too because of an inability to create space from defenders. Couple that ratings slip with Dee's problems with his HS coaches, and brushes with the law, and you've got some pretty signiifcant issues to deal with. Saban has too many blue chip alternatives to play many games with Liner. Gus has shown a propensity to deal with problems by showing them the door. I think Liner winds up at Bama, but understanding where he really fits in. I don't like his chances for a drama-free career, but this experience may help him. I'd like to see him at Auburn, and I think a disciplined program would help him.

uat has 22 commits. That does not include kids like Liner and Kamara. They had approximately 18 schollys leave. How many early enrollees did they have? Point being, I see some "processing" before August.

If he's in fact going to the dark side, he better make it happen soon. They have some other big names on their list and I heard they only have 3 spots left.

Everyone has players leave...

No, you are WRONG. One thing I have learned from my time here and and AE is that OUR players always LEAVE for good reasons, personal reasons or are weeded out because of problems, All players who leave UAT are nefariously processed for evil reasons.

Also, we are morally superior because we care about players, even the ones who can't/don't compete at the upper echelon level of the SEC, and we keep them on schooly for 4 years if they want to stay. As long as our coaching staff does that, we understand and stand behind and support them, regardless of their record. For AU fans, that is more important than beating UAT.

Ok, where is my sarcasm sign.

Just moved back to the Shoals a couple of days ago. I started work the next day and later was sitting by MSHS at the post office and it was 3:00. School traffic was letting out and I was sitting the thinking I wish I could see Dee in person and just tell him War Eagle. Not to be a jerk but to leave him with the thought I'm not making a bad choice am I? Kinda weird I guess but later I passed Deshler High and took a few turns into Sheffield and low and behold who do I pass while driving passed the stop sign? Ole Dee standing with some people. I'm 27 and still get carded for cigars so I didn't look like a weirdo I hope but I rolled my window down and said

"Hey man, you Dee Liner?"

Dee, "yeah man"

Me lol "War Eagle"

Dee with a serious look points at me and says, "War Eagle man."

I told him " man, I've followed you guys on the internet more than family." Lol

Dee says "don't believe all that stuff they saying on there man there right now."

Then I say "hey, what's up with Reuben? "

Dee says "I don't know man, ima call him up right now."

A car pulled up behind me so I had to go but before I drove off I said "we'll wherever you go good luck but War Eagle anyways as I smiled and waved with one finger driving off. Dee pointed again and said "War Eagle man!"

The whole time he had a friend with him wearing an Auburn hoodie. What do I take from all this? Can't wait till NSD is over lol And trust me I had some questions I would have liked to ask but didn't want to bother him. I believe he and RF could have been pretty popular after their AU careers..

Just moved back to the Shoals a couple of days ago. I started work the next day and later was sitting by MSHS at the post office and it was 3:00. School traffic was letting out and I was sitting the thinking I wish I could see Dee in person and just tell him War Eagle. Not to be a jerk but to leave him with the thought I'm not making a bad choice am I? Kinda weird I guess but later I passed Deshler High and took a few turns into Sheffield and low and behold who do I pass while driving passed the stop sign? Ole Dee standing with some people. I'm 27 and still get carded for cigars so I didn't look like a weirdo I hope but I rolled my window down and said

"Hey man, you Dee Liner?"

Dee, "yeah man"

Me lol "War Eagle"

Dee with a serious look points at me and says, "War Eagle man."

I told him " man, I've followed you guys on the internet more than family." Lol

Dee says "don't believe all that stuff they saying on there man there right now."

Then I say "hey, what's up with Reuben? "

Dee says "I don't know man, ima call him up right now."

A car pulled up behind me so I had to go but before I drove off I said "we'll wherever you go good luck but War Eagle anyways as I smiled and waved with one finger driving off. Dee pointed again and said "War Eagle man!"

The whole time he had a friend with him wearing an Auburn hoodie. What do I take from all this? Can't wait till NSD is over lol And trust me I had some questions I would have liked to ask but didn't want to bother him. I believe he and RF could have been pretty popular after their AU careers..

Nice story, thanks for sharing. :)

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Since he is no longer a recruit and has signed his LOI was it just me or did Dee have a lot of bad weight on him? Looking at his pics he never looked muscular say like Lawson or Nkemdiche. I am not sure if it is because he has more of a DT body but as a DE he didn't look right.

Everyone has players leave...

No, you are WRONG. One thing I have learned from my time here and and AE is that OUR players always LEAVE for good reasons, personal reasons or are weeded out because of problems, All players who leave UAT are nefariously processed for evil reasons.

Also, we are morally superior because we care about players, even the ones who can't/don't compete at the upper echelon level of the SEC, and we keep them on schooly for 4 years if they want to stay. As long as our coaching staff does that, we understand and stand behind and support them, regardless of their record. For AU fans, that is more important than beating UAT.

Ok, where is my sarcasm sign.

when you need a sarcasm sign you know you have failed.

• 1 year later...

I hope when Dee reached out to RG, RG told Dee that AU was not interested because it was a business decision.

He had the audacity to actually do that?? :lmao:

Thats what KN on 247 said. Dee reached out to RG about coming to AU and RG told him "no thanks".

I hope when Dee reached out to RG, RG told Dee that AU was not interested because it was a business decision.

He had the audacity to actually do that?? :lmao:/>

Thats what KN on 247 said. Dee reached out to RG about coming to AU and RG told him "no thanks".

AUsome!! Lmao!!!

He had the audacity to actually do that?? :lmao:

sometimes it pays off in the end...

to be honest, we got a few better ones.

missed his chance.

Archived