2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

********(Pure speculation)********** From what I have heard from people i have talked to and read on different posts, it sounds like he went on his OV to UAT and they had a lot to offer. He came back to Gus and staff and held UAT offer over their head, and apparently Gus told him to have fun playing ball elsewhere b/c his offer had been pulled. Respectively they let him make the announcement!! *******(Pure speculation)*******. Is there any hard evidence to back that up or am I wrong?

This could be why he's now saying that AU is no loner an option for him. If he doesn't have an offer from AU, how can he have AU as an option.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

********(Pure speculation)********** From what I have heard from people i have talked to and read on different posts, it sounds like he went on his OV to UAT and they had a lot to offer. He came back to Gus and staff and held UAT offer over their head, and apparently Gus told him to have fun playing ball elsewhere b/c his offer had been pulled. Respectively they let him make the announcement!! *******(Pure speculation)*******. Is there any hard evidence to back that up or am I wrong?

If that makes you feel better have at it. I for one think that we still want him badly.

When he flipped, I still really wanted Yeldon. With Liner, I'm perfectly OK with him decommitting. And honestly, I'd rather him not flip back to AU because I think there will always be some issues there.

Some of these posts are very disheartening to me.

What does it gain you or me or anyone else to shout innuendos and spread unfounded rumors and downright lies? Lies, you ask?

Yes, lies.

How would you feel if other schools spread these kind of lies about Auburn? WHAT?!! "That's all they do!" you answer. "Just read the crap they spread about Cam Newton! They're just a bunch of crying bammers that are jealous of us!"

Ah...so you do know how it feels, It makes you angry! Incensed! Incredulous even!

So we come over here, and too many of our beloved Auburn Family try their damndest to have two wrongs make a right. And, we all know by now, that is impossible to do. and there ain't nothing we can say or do that will change it and where would the world be now if that truth of life were to ever change.

Please. We're Auburn, We're not Alabama (turdville, here I reckon...). WE DON'T WANT TO BE ALABAMA.

Do we want their winning program? Sure we do. Right now, the way they're playing football, they're the envy of every school when it comes to the oblong ball.

Do we want to be their fans? Now that's an easy one, isn't it? Ask a thousand Auburn fans the same question and there will be but one answer. HELL NO! Those low-brow trailer trash fans aren't worth the time it takes for me to write about them. They suck!"

Why? Why do we feel that way? I know the answer. You do too.

It's because of what they do and how they act and the trashy lies and rumor-mongering and so on and so on and so on for ad infintum.

Well, I'll be damned. That's my answer too.

So why do we strive so hard to be like them? Why do we spread lies and rumors and whatever other kind of trash we can throw on the wall and pray that some of it, sometimes, somewhere will stick despite of anything the REC and the REC owned media monkeys can do about it. And I don't a rat's gluteous maximus what you believe or what you heard or how you feel about bama or any other team we face.

If you play the game and don't have any evidence other than what you read on the internet or from somebody that knows somebody, then you are stooping to their level.

Please. Shouldn't we be above the fray instead of slopping around in the middle of it? Haven't we learned that the best way to beat them is to ignore them? Don't we know by now that the only way to shut them up is to beat their butts on the field of battle? We can do it, you know, and not just once or twice every now and then.

Let's talk about Auburn and our Tigers and our recruits and quit blaming the man to the west with a Napoleon complex for cheating every time some 17 year-old kid changes his mind. Can you imagine what pressure those kids are under, how they feel when we throw trash-talk at them?

Because, you cannot accuse the coach of cheating unless you accuse the recruit of cheating. Wow. Don't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside....

Believe what you want. Feel how you want to feel, Seethe if you want to seethe.

But please, I ask again, let's be Auburn. There's no other university in the nation that can be, no matter how hard they try nor how envious they might be.

And, if that doesn't want to make you stand above the fray, perhaps nothing will. Not now. Not ever.

War Eagle!

Reading tweets is like reading tea leaves at a drive by fortune teller. With that said as preface here is twit from Liner......still trolling?

Dee Liner ✈@Liner_25

����������“@chrisoue: @Liner_25 dang, you right. War eagle.”

Collapse

7:28 PM - 20 Jan 13 · Details

1. 15h 112_14262135460_634790460_1253912_3886_n_normal.jpg Chris Jones  @CMJones7
    @Liner_25 @chrisoue Ha! Dee Liner. Doing work. My man is going to play for champions!
    Collapse

8:23 PM - 20 Jan 13 · Details

Reading tweets is like reading tea leaves at a drive by fortune teller. With that said as preface here is twit from Liner......still trolling?

Dee Liner ✈@Liner_25

����������“@chrisoue: @Liner_25 dang, you right. War eagle.”

Collapse

7:28 PM - 20 Jan 13 · Details

1. 15h 112_14262135460_634790460_1253912_3886_n_normal.jpg Chris Jones  @CMJones7
    @Liner_25 @chrisoue Ha! Dee Liner. Doing work. My man is going to play for champions!
    Collapse

8:23 PM - 20 Jan 13 · Details

I guess I'm somewhat of a neophyte when it comes to Twitter. I don't have an account so I don't follow anyone and I don't quite get the relevance of the links provided. My comments weren't about Dee Liner specifically anyway. I don't have enough posts to start a topic. Besides, a new topic would just be rehashing what's been said before. I just wish fans from all schools would put things into a perspective but I know a snowball stands a better chance in hell.

Cest la vie I guess.

I agree. You don't have to have a twitter to view twitter. Liner's war eagle reference on 1/20 was just curious. No context to judge the comment.

There hasn't been much talk of DL since his de-commitment. IMO was and always has been a bammer.

A poster on this thread stated that even after Liner's decommitment, that the AU coaches were still recruiting him. Is that true? There have been no posts on this thread about Coach Johnson or Garner or any other of the AU coaches going to see him, and wouldn't you figure there would be something from someone about the AU coaches still seeing him? My own personal opinion is that Malzahn pulled the offer from him and that's why AU is "no longer in the picture" with Liner (quote taken from statement by Liner himself).

A poster on this thread stated that even after Liner's decommitment, that the AU coaches were still recruiting him. Is that true? There have been no posts on this thread about Coach Johnson or Garner or any other of the AU coaches going to see him, and wouldn't you figure there would be something from someone about the AU coaches still seeing him? My own personal opinion is that Malzahn pulled the offer from him and that's why AU is "no longer in the picture" with Liner (quote taken from statement by Liner himself).

I think the AU staff asked him to make a firm commitment one way or the other, and when he told them what his intentions were - our staff moved on to the next guy in line. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Our guys were strapped for time and they have to manage their time and efforts where they feel like AU has a fighting chance. I also feel like Liner wasn't the only prospect our staff wanted a firm answer from..... There's no time for fooling around when you only have two months to bring in a class.

I think the AU staff asked him to make a firm commitment one way or the other, and when he told them what his intentions were - our staff moved on to the next guy in line. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Our guys were strapped for time and they have to manage their time and efforts where they feel like AU has a fighting chance. I also feel like Liner wasn't the only prospect our staff wanted a firm answer from..... There's no time for fooling around when you only have two months to bring in a class.

I think the coaches are also reluctant to hold so many slots open to NDS with all the undecided kids still seeming to have AU on their list. It's a "bird in the hand" attitude and it's hard to blame them for moving on unless they get some kind of really strong vibe the kid will commit to AU.

I think the coaches are also reluctant to hold so many slots open to NDS with all the undecided kids still seeming to have AU on their list. It's a "bird in the hand" attitude and it's hard to blame them for moving on unless they get some kind of really strong vibe the kid will commit to AU.

I agree. Could also be that the new coaching staff maybe looking for a few "different" athletes than the former staff was looking for. Gus' offense is VERY demanding of both his offensive and defensive players. Not every bigtime 5* stud can fit the mold of a HUNH, fast paced, multiple spread team.

I really wanted to get Liner but things all happen for a reason. I still fail to see his logic for most likely choosing the turds though. He'll sit on the bench for at least 2 years, and not to mention how much the Alabama fan base has down talked him. Why go to a school whose fans called him a thug for months and continued to claim he wasn't that good anyways?

I hope no Auburn fans watch him on NSD, because the more I hear the more it sounded like he wanted to stay committed to us and gain a lot of attention by flipping on signing day.

EagleDamnWar@EagleDamnWar

Dee Liner reached out to UGA and their coaches are visiting him today.

Good for him...

I wonder if saban played him just to get him to decommitt from us.

I wonder if saban played him just to get him to decommitt from us.

saban may of found out liner doesn't know what he wants and dee becomes a little fish in a big pond.

While I do think Liner ends up at Bama, wouldn't it be hell if Saban decided to pull a Darius Philon on Liner and offer a greyshirt? A caller to Max Howell's radio show today said that Bama has 4 slots left, and asked Howell who he thought Bama would get for those slot. Now that I recall, I don't think he mentioned Liner at all. As a matter of fact, he also didn't mention Reuben Foster, after last week on his show absolutely insisting that Foster would end up at Alabama.

Any thoughts as to why Liner hasn't committed to Alabama yet?

While I do think Liner ends up at Bama, wouldn't it be hell if Saban decided to pull a Darius Philon on Liner and offer a greyshirt? A caller to Max Howell's radio show today said that Bama has 4 slots left, and asked Howell who he thought Bama would get for those slot. Now that I recall, I don't think he mentioned Liner at all. As a matter of fact, he also didn't mention Reuben Foster, after last week on his show absolutely insisting that Foster would end up at Alabama.

Any thoughts as to why Liner hasn't committed to Alabama yet?

Who can read him? By appearances he plays very low key and doesn't want to make another public commitment. The Ga visit is interesting is that he may of decided he wants to get out of the state and not hear any of the Au/Al talk. Not many Al fans I know make a big deal out of Liner.

Is liner one of those deals where Saban doesn't really want him, but he dang sure don't want us to have him either? So he recruits him hard while he is committed to us, Liner decommits and UAT'S offer isn't there? Therefore, Liner has to look elsewhere?

Archived