2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

84 seconds ago

4-star defensive tackle Dee Liner confirmed to me via text that he has decommitted from Auburn and is no longer considering the Tigers.

per Bryan Mathews

wait he's not even considering us?

If true I'm annoyed he'd go to the school and fanbase that kept down talking him and calling him a thug

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never posted a negative about a recruit, and I wish him well.

So I'll put it this way. How many of you followed him on Twitter? How many of those felt really uncomfortable about him?

Uh-huh.

I have never posted a negative about a recruit, and I wish him well.

So I'll put it this way. How many of you followed him on Twitter? How many of those felt really uncomfortable about him?

Uh-huh.

Agreead, one negative ill say Is if he goes to Alabama I hope one specific game every year he is there he has no success haha

He will have a solid career there, however I doubt it will be anything to warrant this type of recruiting story. He will be closer to Calloway and Dee Hart than he will be to Yeldon and Kouandjio IMO. That being said I'd love to see him buried into the turf of either JHS or the stadium over in ttown by our seasoned oline in 2014,2015,2016.

84 seconds ago

4-star defensive tackle Dee Liner confirmed to me via text that he has decommitted from Auburn and is no longer considering the Tigers.

per Bryan Mathews

wait he's not even considering us?

If true I'm annoyed he'd go to the school and fanbase that kept down talking him and calling him a thug

I remember when a dude said Liner would decommit, and I doubted it.

What a guy.

I don't care about a kid choosing Alabama. Stringing Auburn along, wasting the coaches time and effort, leaving the coaches feeling like a specific area was covered and reserves a scholarship for him, that is just evil. Under the direction of the evil midget in tuscalooser he pretends to be one of ours. No class. They can have him. I'm glad our coaches cut him out of the picture.

Props to guys like Cameron Toney who keep their word and know the meaning of a commitment. Oh and most importantly WANT to be an Auburn Tiger. Idc if we get 2 stars from here out buddy I want players that can't wait to give it all for Auburn. If you don't want to play for what we all know is the greatest program out there then that sucks for you.

I don't think this belongs in rivals recruiting we still have a shot imo

He's not even considering AU now.

who's to say this isn't the final troll of Bama?

(I know it's unlikely)

I honestly say Good Riddance. I've been pulling for him to come to Auburn because he's a 4/5* and the more of those you have the better (usually), but honestly from day one I've thought he was an immature kid at best so I say let's move on. I hope we get all the best players every single year, but just my opinion, the biggest recruits we will get this year are all going to be standing on the sideline coaching the games.

War Eagle

No regrets here. If he and the coaches were'nt seeing eye-to-eye before his enrollment, not very likely that things would improve once on campus. So both parties are better off as a result. Not much time to recover, but some strong talent at that position still on the boards.

"Classless" Yeldon has a championship ring. Is he really that bad of a guy because he picked a school that won a NC versues a school that won 3 games? Use logical sense please.

Ever heard of this quality called "character" or "integrity"?

Neither had Yeldon.

Reuben did the same thing to Bama when he committed to us....and we all laughed. It's how the game is played. I think it's a little much to call a kid "classes" for decomitting from a school. I know it's frustrating, all the ebbs and flows of recruiting, but that is the nature of the beast. I think this time next year we are going to be talking about if we are going to finish number 1 or 2 in recruiting and not if we are going to be able to hold on and keep our commits.

I guess for many here it is ok to get them to flip to us and they are great guys for doing it, but when the flip goes the other way they are classless and lack character/integrity.

Glad this drama with him is over. It was pretty obvious he had become a gump lean. I am just glad it didn't turn into a POS Yeldon move. I don't know if Dee was playing games and our coaches called him on it, or if Dee just decided enough was enough. Either way, time to move on and push him around in the Iron Bowl for the next four or five years.

I really don't care about this one. Lots of issues with this one early in the year. He was suspended from his team, remember? The bammers had a field day with this when he was an AU commit. They are a better fit. Our last "troubled" recruit didn't work out so well. (see Zeke Pike).

[quote name=muxi87'

timestamp='1358213729' post='1793041]

He's no longer even considering AU. Good luck to him.

I've never understood this logic...

I know we don't talk bad about recruits, but why wish someone good luck that has paraded around like DL has?

I don't wish ill will towards the kid, but I certainly don't wish him good luck either...

I just choose to not acknowledge that he even exists...same feeling I have towards any other random player at any other random school.

I'm with you. No ill will wished, but not wasting any good karma on him either.

By the way, after losing Yeldon and later using Javon, we got no running backs out of that class...Thats never good for a program

Hate to to say it but THiS is part of sabans process and our coaches stand by and let it happen. I think this group is a lot wiser to it.

I really don't care about this one. Lots of issues with this one early in the year. He was suspended from his team, remember? The bammers had a field day with this when he was an AU commit. They are a better fit. Our last "troubled" recruit didn't work out so well. (see Zeke Pike).

I agree. I was very disappointed when Yeldon flipped to UAT because he's obviously very talented and seemed like a good kid. I had more concerns about Liner than I did even with Pike. I doubt there is any chance Liner signs with AU in the end, but if he does I'm still going to be pretty leary of him until he gets a year or two under his belt without getting in trouble.

If I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.

Are you serious Clark?

Archived